pixeltracker

Enjoyed FARINELLI -- Now I'm Sickened- Page 3

Enjoyed FARINELLI -- Now I'm Sickened

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#50Enjoyed FARINELLI -- Now I'm Sickened
Posted: 12/11/17 at 10:58pm

Tag said: "Somebody should inform Steven Spielberg.

Yes, should be interesting to see if this has an effect on their relationship and future projects together.
"

Well, Rylance is already a lead of Spielberg's next flick, Ready Player One, so... 

Mike66
#51Enjoyed FARINELLI -- Now I'm Sickened
Posted: 12/11/17 at 11:17pm

newintown said: "I doubt that anyone who posts here could provide a remotely succinct and objective history of Palestine without resorting to Wikipedia.

But that won't stop you from having arrogantly aggressive opinions on the subject.
"

Why would you say something as ignorant as this?  I'd be glad to provide "a succinct and reasonably objective history of Palestine" any  time you'd stay attentive long enough to listen.

Why do you make such stupid assumptions?  Do you actually KNOW any of the people who post here?

(As to the underlying issue -- Mr. Rylance is 'still' entitled to his opinion under our rules and traditions.  And you (or anyone else) is entitled to politely and respectfully disagree.  (Even if the person knows absolutely nothing about the issue at hand.)

Alex Kulak2
#52Enjoyed FARINELLI -- Now I'm Sickened
Posted: 12/11/17 at 11:30pm

Hope you're not planning on seeing Angels in America next spring. 

(That doesn't mean I side with Kushner or Rylance. I'm for a two-state solution)

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#53Enjoyed FARINELLI -- Now I'm Sickened
Posted: 12/12/17 at 6:40am

Mike66, if you truly believe it’s “ignorant” to acknowledge that the vast majority of BWW posters hold aggressively strong opinions based on a paucity of knowledge, then you’re certainly entitled to that. But I don’t see the evidence. I wouldn’t be surprised to find that there are many who are quite sure that Moses was a real person, with contemporary historical references, and that actual film footage exists of the Parting of the Red Sea.

I don’t, I admit, think there are more than a few (if that) who could hold their own in a discussion on the Six Day War, the British Mandate, the Balfour Declaration, Ottoman/Roman/Babylonian influences, pre-Mosaic history, etc. And those who could will know the difficulty of holding an aggressive (and facile) judgement.

Updated On: 12/12/17 at 06:40 AM

The Other One
#54Enjoyed FARINELLI -- Now I'm Sickened
Posted: 12/12/17 at 9:26am

If any of you want to rid yourself of a ticket to see Farinelli and the King based on Mark Rylance's feelings regarding Israel, please send me a personal message.  If the date is good for me I will gladly buy it from you.

I just want to see the play.  Middle Eastern conflicts have gone on for thousands of years and aren't going away any time soon.  It's not worth it to lose sleep over them.

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#55Enjoyed FARINELLI -- Now I'm Sickened
Posted: 12/12/17 at 10:54am

Years ago, I realized that to expect a thoughtful and considerate discussion of these issues on bww with various sides respecting each other's opposing views without resorting to ad hominem attacks is akin to expecting Paul Robeson and Judy Garland to come back from the dead to lead an intergalactic tour of Sweeney Todd.

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#56Enjoyed FARINELLI -- Now I'm Sickened
Posted: 12/12/17 at 10:55am

I saw that tour; Maria Ouspenskaya was pretty good as the Beggar Woman.

10086sunset
#57Enjoyed FARINELLI -- Now I'm Sickened
Posted: 12/12/17 at 11:05am

Threads like these remind me that the BWW chat boards never cease to disappoint. 

Videos