pixeltracker

BCEFA FLEA 2019 COLLECTORS UNITE- Page 3

BCEFA FLEA 2019 COLLECTORS UNITE

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#50BCEFA FLEA 2019 COLLECTORS UNITE
Posted: 9/22/19 at 2:26pm

I hope the table that was trying to sell Avenue Q 15th anniversary key rings for an obscene amount of money lower the price on their merchandise. I didn't buy stuff because they wanted $40 for concession stand cups that others had for like $5-$10. It was from closed shows, but nothing really that struck me as being worth that much. The key rings were like $10-$25, if I remember right.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

thedrybandit
#51BCEFA FLEA 2019 COLLECTORS UNITE
Posted: 9/22/19 at 2:28pm

BroadwayPhan said: "The Moulin Rouge table was quite disappointing...very sparse and extremely limited merchandise. I saw some regular unsigned Playbills, some Pride Week t-shirts, and a few signed papers and photos. That was it. Surprised they didn't try to do more."

They also had some costume pieces from Karen and Aaron that were there earlier in the day, plus a few props.

Danielle49
#52BCEFA FLEA 2019 COLLECTORS UNITE
Posted: 9/22/19 at 2:31pm

Marianne2 said: "I hope the table that was trying to sell Avenue Q 15th anniversary key rings for an obscene amount of money lower the price on their merchandise. I didn't buy stuff because they wanted $40 for concession stand cups that others had for like $5-$10. It was from closed shows, but nothing really that struck me as being worth that much. The key rings were like $10-$25, if I remember right."

I think that was the same table that had Three Tall Women glasses for $50 — I bought mine last year (which I’ve since broken, unfortunately) for $1.

Danielle49
#53BCEFA FLEA 2019 COLLECTORS UNITE
Posted: 9/22/19 at 2:34pm

Out of curiosity, did anyone hit the Oklahoma! table right when they opened? I got there around 11 and they had signed Playbills, posters, shirts and coozies. I overheard them saying that there were fly swatters earlier in the day. Did they have any other props/collectibles right at opening?

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#54BCEFA FLEA 2019 COLLECTORS UNITE
Posted: 9/22/19 at 2:35pm

Danielle49 said: "Marianne2 said: "I hope the table that was trying to sell Avenue Q 15th anniversary key rings for an obscene amount of money lower the price on their merchandise. I didn't buy stuff because they wanted $40 for concession stand cups that others had for like $5-$10. It was from closed shows, but nothing really that struck me as being worth that much. The key rings were like $10-$25, if I remember right."

I think that was the same table that had Three Tall Women glasses for $50 — I bought mine last year (which I’ve since broken, unfortunately) for $1.
"

Some of the prices were insane. I liked those glasses but $50 was crazy. 

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

MannPhan24601
#55BCEFA FLEA 2019 COLLECTORS UNITE
Posted: 9/22/19 at 2:54pm

Any Kinky Boots merch/props ? So wish I could have gone today

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#56BCEFA FLEA 2019 COLLECTORS UNITE
Posted: 9/22/19 at 3:09pm

Danielle49 said: "Out of curiosity, did anyone hit the Oklahoma! table right when they opened? I got there around 11 and they had signed Playbills, posters, shirts and coozies. I overheard them saying that there were fly swatters earlier in the day. Did they have any other props/collectibles right at opening?"

They had some sort of make-up type bags signed by Mary Testa, fly swatters, travel picnic blankets signed by the entire cast. 

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Rakesh Natarajan
#57BCEFA FLEA 2019 COLLECTORS UNITE
Posted: 9/22/19 at 3:14pm

Does anyone know what stuff was at the Hadestown table when they first opened? I’m curious about what items were gone within the first few minutes.

dshnookie Profile Photo
dshnookie
#58BCEFA FLEA 2019 COLLECTORS UNITE
Posted: 9/22/19 at 3:23pm

BroadwayPhan said: "The Moulin Rouge table was quite disappointing...very sparse and extremely limited merchandise. I saw some regular unsigned Playbills, some Pride Week t-shirts, and a few signed papers and photos. That was it. Surprised they didn't try to do more.

Speaking of failed efforts, anybody find it bizarre that Harry Potter has never had a table at the Flea Market? It's disappointing they haven't found a way to participate.
"

Sad to hear there were no signed posters, but that artwork is less than desirable anyway.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#59BCEFA FLEA 2019 COLLECTORS UNITE
Posted: 9/22/19 at 3:32pm

Laziness set in. Planned to get there around 4:00. I am going to get a pizza and watch golf and Netflix!

Just give the world Love.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#60BCEFA FLEA 2019 COLLECTORS UNITE
Posted: 9/22/19 at 3:52pm

Each year these tables get more and more ridiculous with their prices.

dshnookie Profile Photo
dshnookie
#61BCEFA FLEA 2019 COLLECTORS UNITE
Posted: 9/22/19 at 4:01pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2udw8Bhftp/?igshid=1pzvudzbq5ysy

Someone bought a dirty, crushed Crystal Pepsi bottle from BMC...

HELLLLLLLLLLL NO!

veronicamae Profile Photo
veronicamae
#62BCEFA FLEA 2019 COLLECTORS UNITE
Posted: 9/22/19 at 4:11pm

dshnookie said: "https://www.instagram.com/p/B2udw8Bhftp/?igshid=1pzvudzbq5ysy

HELLLLLLLLLLL NO!
"

Good for them; they obviously love BMC and it's not like Crystal Pepsi is in production anymore where they could just buy a bottle at the store.

Let people enjoy things.

As for my experience today, I was there from 11-1 and was really only able to get up to a handful of tables. People are very pushy and I'm not in the mood to fight for a spot to thumb through Playbills when I'm not searching for anything in particular. I found the old Playbills I wanted at least year's event so I didn't have any goals this year. Mostly I like seeing how many of my friends, close or casual, I bump into. Only 4 this year; usually it's more than 6.

Danielle49
#63BCEFA FLEA 2019 COLLECTORS UNITE
Posted: 9/22/19 at 4:11pm

Anyone pick up some really neat finds? I didn’t grab any rare stuff but grabbed: a couple of books from that 2 for $5 table, an Oh, Hello tuna shirt, a Something Rotten Shakespeare button, a Gary souvenir cup, and a True West shirt. I really wanted one of the lobby placards for Gary or The Band’s Visit but couldn’t drop $50 on one.

Updated On: 9/22/19 at 04:11 PM

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#64BCEFA FLEA 2019 COLLECTORS UNITE
Posted: 9/22/19 at 4:17pm

I picked up a nice haul today! Happy with my finds! For some reason the crowd didn't bother me as much this year as it has in past years, but yeah, it's pretty crowded.

I never wait in the autograph line, but I occasionally do the photo line if it's someone who usually doesn't do photos, or someone who I've never had the opportunity to meet at the stage door. Today I tried for Raúl Esparza and Bebe Neuwirth but I got priced out both times. I would have considered paying $50 - MAYBE $60, but they wanted $80 for Esparza, and $100 for Neuwirth, and I just couldn't swing that, so I just walked away. It was disappointing to strike out twice in the same day, but my wallet thanked me: and I ended up allowing myself to spend a bit more at the booths and still come out under my initial budget. 

#65BCEFA FLEA 2019 COLLECTORS UNITE
Posted: 9/22/19 at 4:17pm

Bit of a lackluster year for me. Didn't see a lot that really caught my eye. Did get some vintage playbills! 

Fiorello

A Little Night Music

The Apple Tree

Applause

Original King and I

Other than that, I didn't see a lot I was interested in. I had hoped for maybe something from The Prom, but they said that was all gone within the first 30 minutes. Oh well! Hope everyone had a great time!

hollebolle
#66BCEFA FLEA 2019 COLLECTORS UNITE
Posted: 9/22/19 at 4:21pm

ND_2000 said: "Other than that, I didn't see a lot I was interested in. I had hoped for maybe something from The Prom, but they said that was all gone within the first 30 minutes. Oh well! Hope everyone had a great time!"

Honestly, there wasn’t even that much from the Prom to start out. I managed to snag what I think was a Tony voter book, but the only other thing I saw were beanies. And I got there at around 9:30.

#67BCEFA FLEA 2019 COLLECTORS UNITE
Posted: 9/22/19 at 4:31pm

hollebolle said: "ND_2000 said: "Other than that, I didn't see a lot I was interested in. I had hoped for maybe something from The Prom, but they said that was all gone within the first 30 minutes. Oh well! Hope everyone had a great time!"

Honestly, there wasn’t even that much from the Prom tostart out. I managed to snag what I think was a Tonyvoter book, but the only other thing I saw were beanies. And I got there at around 9:30.
"

Ah okay! That makes me feel better! A Tony Voter book sounds really interesting! Nice find.

VintageSnarker
#68BCEFA FLEA 2019 COLLECTORS UNITE

I certainly didn't do as well as I did last year but I wouldn't call it a complete wash. Regardless of what I budget, I generally spend around $50 to $100. This year it was a lot closer to $50. My favorite find was the Mama Will Provide apron that I got as a three for $10 deal with two shirts. In hindsight I should have gotten more as gifts but they seemed a little flimsy at the time when I compared them to another table selling thicker aprons. Maybe I went too late in the day this time but I was surprised that M. Butterfly was the closed show that seemed to have the best selection. Most of the tables had paper stuff (Playbills, windowcards, books, etc.) and CDs and DVDs.

I was surprised to see the Hercules merch and very tempted but it seemed like it would just remind me of losing the lottery and the bracelets weren't really that cute. I'd rather just donate the money to BCEFA.

So earlier I went through the shows I'd be on the lookout for.

• I looked for The Cher Show stuff but all I really found was a table with a bunch of those plastic fans that feel like the stuff they give away as free promo and $5 cast albums. In hindsight, I should have gotten the cast album but at that point, I didn't know how much I'd be spending and I didn't find the table again.
  • All I found from My Fair Lady was the booklets with photos from the show and the basically free reading material that they have for Lincoln Center shows. And the prices for the latter were ridiculous.
  • I was going to pick up more Frozen shirts just cause of the name recognition but even though the prices were still good, the sizes were all small this year. 
  • OOTI was represented with the Mama Will Provide aprons and this weird selection of 5 buttons/pins for $8 that did not seem like official show merch. 
  • I was disappointed that there wasn't anything more exciting from Waitress but maybe it was already gone by the time I stopped by the table. 

#69BCEFA FLEA 2019 COLLECTORS UNITE

Also saw Ben Brantley around the Moulin Rouge table taking a look. Gave me a kick.

dshnookie Profile Photo
dshnookie
#70BCEFA FLEA 2019 COLLECTORS UNITE
Posted: 9/22/19 at 4:36pm

veronicamae said: "dshnookie said: "https://www.instagram.com/p/B2udw8Bhftp/?igshid=1pzvudzbq5ysy

HELLLLLLLLLLL NO!
"

Good for them; they obviously love BMC and it's not like Crystal Pepsi is in production anymore where they could just buy a bottle at the store.

Let people enjoy things.

As for my experience today, I was there from 11-1 and was really only able to get up to a handful of tables. People are very pushy and I'm not in the mood to fight for a spot to thumb through Playbills when I'm not searching for anything in particular. I found the old Playbills I wanted at least year's event so I didn't have any goals this year. Mostly I like seeing how many of my friends, close or casual, I bump into. Only 4 this year; usually it's more than 6.
"

You’re right. I apologize.

BroadwayNoob
#71BCEFA FLEA 2019 COLLECTORS UNITE
Posted: 9/22/19 at 6:09pm

though i wasn’t really looking for anything in particular this year since i got everything i wanted last year- i felt pretty successful. everything i got was 1-2 dollars and i think i only ended up spending $15 in total. i got there around 2 so i’m sure some of the booths were much more limited than they were in the morning.

i ended up with the bcfea eco tote, Lysteria Jones playbill, AiA playbill and an OOTI playbill, a NPH hedwig shirt, avenue q magnet and ping pong ball, and a little kinky boots sticky phone wallet thing. i was really looking for like a kinky boots shoebox or the elusive war paint magnet.

i would say the hot weather and hordes of people around the curtain call table was a little upsetting but otherwise i had a great time!! i meant to go to the pik a tkt booth but by the time i remembered to go they were all packed up

Jordan Catalano
#72BCEFA FLEA 2019 COLLECTORS UNITE
Posted: 9/22/19 at 6:23pm

“Moulin Rouge” was selling a little hand towel sized cloth with fake blood on it, signed by Karen. I asked how much it was and the woman said $500. I looked at her and said “is that the real price?” thinking she obviously was joking.

She was not amused and I just rolled my eyes and walked away. That’s just ridiculous.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#73BCEFA FLEA 2019 COLLECTORS UNITE
Posted: 9/22/19 at 6:32pm

Did anyone buy 1 of the giant Anastasia banners? It was tempting for $40, but I definitely have no space for it anywhere.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

Jordan Catalano
#74BCEFA FLEA 2019 COLLECTORS UNITE
Posted: 9/22/19 at 6:33pm

I saw someone buy one around 5pm.

Videos