pixeltracker

How is Jinkx Monsoon as Audrey. - Page 3

How is Jinkx Monsoon as Audrey.

two ladies tickets
#50How is Jinkx Monsoon as Audrey.
Posted: 5/25/24 at 11:05am

I'm fascinated by the fact that people are arguing over someone's performance being "too campy" or "too over the top" in a musical about a plant that eats humans! This is not King Lear. 

CurtainsUpat8 Profile Photo
CurtainsUpat8
#51How is Jinkx Monsoon as Audrey.
Posted: 5/25/24 at 11:59am

All of the roles you mentioned were WRITTEN for men in drag. That is entirely different.  I don't have a problem with any of these.  

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#52How is Jinkx Monsoon as Audrey.
Posted: 5/25/24 at 11:59am

I think it's hilarious that apparently some people think being a drag queen is the only thing you can be. I would argue almost every drag queen is a person of many skills and talents. We have fashion designers, visual artists, singers/musicians who are also drag queens. There are even people who work corporate jobs that also do drag. I don't know why it's such a bizarre concept that a drag queen could also be an actor?

Some of the comments here are making me question if the real issue at hand is transphobia...

Updated On: 5/25/24 at 11:59 AM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#53How is Jinkx Monsoon as Audrey.
Posted: 5/25/24 at 12:19pm

CurtainsUpat8 said: "Who cares if you are offended? I agree. This casting is ridiculous. I am a Gay man, and I don't need to see drag queens outside of a bar show. Love their shows in bars."

You have a very narrow view of drag if you think it's only "shows in bars" and think that's where it should stay.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Latest Posts

Videos