pixeltracker

Nick Jonas and Adrienne Warren to star in THE LAST FIVE YEARS Broadway Revival

Nick Jonas and Adrienne Warren to star in THE LAST FIVE YEARS Broadway Revival

Jesse St. James Profile Photo
Jesse St. James
#1Nick Jonas and Adrienne Warren to star in THE LAST FIVE YEARS Broadway Revival
Posted: 6/15/24 at 11:31pm

Announcement tomorrow morning ahead of the Tony Awards

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#2Nick Jonas and Adrienne Warren to star in THE LAST FIVE YEARS Broadway Revival
Posted: 6/15/24 at 11:40pm

Cat‘s outta the baggggg.

BoringBoredBoard40
#3Nick Jonas and Adrienne Warren to star in THE LAST FIVE YEARS Broadway Revival
Posted: 6/15/24 at 11:40pm

I've also heard rumblings of this tonight...

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#4Nick Jonas and Adrienne Warren to star in THE LAST FIVE YEARS Broadway Revival
Posted: 6/15/24 at 11:52pm

Whoa.

Open run or limited engagement?

Oh look, a bibu!

Jesse St. James Profile Photo
Jesse St. James
#5Nick Jonas and Adrienne Warren to star in THE LAST FIVE YEARS Broadway Revival
Posted: 6/15/24 at 11:55pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "Whoa.

Open run or limited engagement?
"

It will be a very limited run.

bigbelterbaby
#6Nick Jonas and Adrienne Warren to star in THE LAST FIVE YEARS Broadway Revival
Posted: 6/15/24 at 11:59pm

It's nice for musicals like this and Floyd Collins to be getting a Broadway production after years of growing fondness from off-broadway runs.

I remember hearing that the the Tick Tick Boom from DC was transferring, is that still happening ? That musical would also fit that category. 

Hesione Hushabye thinks it tastes like ashes.

pmensky
#7Nick Jonas and Adrienne Warren to star in THE LAST FIVE YEARS Broadway Revival
Posted: 6/16/24 at 12:09am

He is going to sell a lot of tickets and disappoint a lot of people if he starts losing his voice and calling out. I’m basing this concern on his performance in the Les Mis reunion concert. Hopefully he’s been working hard and has improved since then. 

barcelona20
#8Nick Jonas and Adrienne Warren to star in THE LAST FIVE YEARS Broadway Revival
Posted: 6/16/24 at 12:09am

He can't sing this score though, can he?

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#9Nick Jonas and Adrienne Warren to star in THE LAST FIVE YEARS Broadway Revival
Posted: 6/16/24 at 12:38am

This production’ll be tough to live up to the gold standard that is the 2021 virtual production w/Nasia Thomas and Nicholas Edwards, but it will have no problem selling tix as long as Jonas takes care of himself.

Assuming the director part of the rumor is true, 2024-25 will be a banner season for Michael Arden. He has worked / will work on:

• Ben Platt’s concert residency
  • Maybe Happy Ending
  • The Last Five Years

… plus regional tryouts of The Queen of Versailles (in Boston) and The Preacher’s Wife (in Atlanta), both of which may end up on Broadway this season as well. And Parade is launching its second national tour in January!

He better find some time to eat and sleep. :)

Oh look, a bibu!
Updated On: 6/16/24 at 12:38 AM

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#10Nick Jonas and Adrienne Warren to star in THE LAST FIVE YEARS Broadway Revival
Posted: 6/16/24 at 3:25am

Was Jonathan Bailey too busy?

binau Profile Photo
binau
#11Nick Jonas and Adrienne Warren to star in THE LAST FIVE YEARS Broadway Revival
Posted: 6/16/24 at 5:44am

Any ideas of dates? Feels like it must be happening soon if they are going to announce so early? 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

OhHiii
#12Nick Jonas and Adrienne Warren to star in THE LAST FIVE YEARS Broadway Revival
Posted: 6/16/24 at 5:48am

lol another one the oracle called correctly. It’s kinda getting scary at this point. If he was correct on venue, it’s the Lunt, but that seems massive for this show. 

binau Profile Photo
binau
#13Nick Jonas and Adrienne Warren to star in THE LAST FIVE YEARS Broadway Revival
Posted: 6/16/24 at 6:01am

Maybe a short summer fill before DEATH BECOMES HER starts? They must have god a good deal because the theatre would almost certainly remain empty otherwise.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#14Nick Jonas and Adrienne Warren to star in THE LAST FIVE YEARS Broadway Revival
Posted: 6/16/24 at 7:11am

OhHiii said: "lol another one the oracle called correctly. It’s kinda getting scary at this point. If he was correct on venue, it’s the Lunt, but that seems massive for this show."

I think the idea is that, by going into a bigger theatre, they can do a shorter run. A 6-week run at the Lunt has as many tickets as a 15-week run at the Hayes. Everything I know about this just screams "commercial viability above all else." A tiny production with a massive star in a big theatre for an extremely limited run will get that for you. 

perfectliar
binau Profile Photo
binau
#16Nick Jonas and Adrienne Warren to star in THE LAST FIVE YEARS Broadway Revival
Posted: 6/16/24 at 8:18am

Spring 2025? Too far away to feel any hype!! 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#17Nick Jonas and Adrienne Warren to star in THE LAST FIVE YEARS Broadway Revival
Posted: 6/16/24 at 8:31am

barcelona20 said: "He can't sing this score though, can he?"

congrats to his understudy!!

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

bwayobsessed
#18Nick Jonas and Adrienne Warren to star in THE LAST FIVE YEARS Broadway Revival
Posted: 6/16/24 at 8:33am

This is very different singing than Les Miz. I think this will fit him much more naturally. I thought he was quite good in H2$ a while back

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#19Nick Jonas and Adrienne Warren to star in THE LAST FIVE YEARS Broadway Revival
Posted: 6/16/24 at 8:38am

Adding Adrienne Warren into the already extremely rich mix for next year’s Best Actress/Musical race means that the Tonys are DEFINITELY trying to kill us all.

*cries in Visa*

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

perfectliar
#20Nick Jonas and Adrienne Warren to star in THE LAST FIVE YEARS Broadway Revival
Posted: 6/16/24 at 8:44am

ATG is one of the producers, so the Hudson seems like the strongest possibility after Mattress closes, unless one of the long-running shows at a Jujamcyn theatre is closing by the end of the year.

OhHiii
#21Nick Jonas and Adrienne Warren to star in THE LAST FIVE YEARS Broadway Revival
Posted: 6/16/24 at 8:45am

ACL2006 said: "barcelona20 said: "He can't sing this score though, can he?"

congrats to his understudy!!
"

“BROADWAY IS FAILING AND CAN ONLY SURVIVE ON STARS TO STAND A CHANCE”

*A-list star announced for landmark production of beloved musical that isn’t a big brand*

”HERE ARE THE REASONS WHY THIS IS HORRIBLE AND WILL FAIL!!!!”

Maybe we should shut down BroadwayWorld for the summer to give everyone the chance to step out of doors because it’s actually lunacy at this point. lol

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#22Nick Jonas and Adrienne Warren to star in THE LAST FIVE YEARS Broadway Revival
Posted: 6/16/24 at 8:52am

Not my favorite show (I much prefer Kathy’s songs to Jamie’s), but it’s about time this made it to Broadway. I’m genuinely surprised it took this long: simple set, small orchestra, two-hander primed for the right kind of stunt casting; all seem ideal for Broadway producers looking to make an easy buck. And it’s well-loved in the theater community.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#23Nick Jonas and Adrienne Warren to star in THE LAST FIVE YEARS Broadway Revival
Posted: 6/16/24 at 8:58am

Yeah, if I were an investor, I’d put money into this in a heartbeat. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

binau Profile Photo
binau
#24Nick Jonas and Adrienne Warren to star in THE LAST FIVE YEARS Broadway Revival
Posted: 6/16/24 at 9:03am

How big is Nick Jonas right now? I remember the grosses for how to succeed were surprisingly flat but he could be bigger now and there is more buzz opening a new show than being a replacement of course. If Nick Jonas is a genuine name I’d also bet it’ll be a success. 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#25Nick Jonas and Adrienne Warren to star in THE LAST FIVE YEARS Broadway Revival
Posted: 6/16/24 at 9:09am

Jonas has definitely become a bigger name since How to Succeed (which was somehow over 12 years ago already…).

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Latest Posts

Videos