Most Moving SHOW

Ebonic_Singer
#50re: Most Moving SHOW
Posted: 9/16/04 at 11:28pm

For some strange reason--Les Miz doesn't get to me that much. Maybe cause I've done it twice--I have no idea why--it's so sad.

MyNameInLights Profile Photo
MyNameInLights
#51re: Most Moving SHOW
Posted: 9/16/04 at 11:41pm

Les Miserables
TTB
RENT
Ragtime

"The stage is where I live and come alive and act out all the things that go on in my life. It's not just what I do for a living, it's my shrink and my love affair. No one in my life has ever or ever will kiss me on the mouth like this lover called my relationship with my performance."

Glebb Profile Photo
Glebb
#52re: Most Moving SHOW
Posted: 9/16/04 at 11:53pm

So many shows have moved me in so many ways.
Carousel (Lincoln Center) really made me cry, and feeling the emotions of my companions made me sob.

" ...the happiness in the tune convinces me that I'm not afraid."

Rose_MacShane Profile Photo
Rose_MacShane
#53re: Most Moving SHOW
Posted: 9/17/04 at 12:18am

Les Mis (the question should be, what ISN'T moving in this show?)
The Last 5 Years
Elegies ("Anytime (I Am There)" has to be one of the most beautiful songs ever written)

http://community.livejournal.com/ltd_brands_suck/

orchajaws Profile Photo
orchajaws
#54re: Most Moving SHOW
Posted: 9/17/04 at 1:20am

I must agree with "Sunday in the Park with George" - an amazing experience - an amazing show.

Twilight Profile Photo
Twilight
#55re: Most Moving SHOW
Posted: 9/17/04 at 1:30am

I would have to say RENT, Miss Saigon, and West Side Story. When Angel died, I was just bawling on me seat, and I'm the kind of person who doesn't like to show their emotions (It makes me feel vulnerable.) And in West Side Story, Maria's Monologe at the very end... Gives me goosebumps.

I can't control my destiny. I trust my soul my only goal is just to be

#56re: Most Moving SHOW
Posted: 9/17/04 at 6:35am

Sunday in the Park for sure - it really gets me when Marie sings 'We have always belonged together' and of course when its the fabuous Ms Peters singing .... well I'm in heaven!

Mamie Profile Photo
Mamie
#57re: Most Moving SHOW
Posted: 9/17/04 at 7:40am

I was very moved at the ending of the revised Flower Drum Song. Lia Solonga spoke about the part of the wedding ceremony when they honored their ancestors in..... and at that point each member of the cast and chorus, one by one, looks at the audience and announces where they were born. You hear countries and cities all across the United States and the world. I hear it now on the CD and it still moves me.

www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03

Videos