News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for orchajaws

orchajaws Profile Photo
Member Name: orchajaws
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.expage.com/theaterplace
Profile: Love BROADWAY!!!

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

2 tickets to China Doll  Dec 1 2015, 10:41:14 PM

Saw a few great seats pop up on Stubhub last minute last week for between $15 and $50 just FYI - hope that helps!

Nightcap Riot: Mombucha  Dec 1 2015, 10:39:43 PM

Cool event. Big fan of JC Brooks...and of Douglas and the Goodharts too.

Dinner with a Casting Director  Feb 13 2015, 12:56:52 PM
Found this on Livingsocial and thought that I would share - dinner with Judy Henderson. Primarily film casting director. Cool experience.

https://www.livingsocial.com/events/1388802-short-ribs-dinner-with-emmy-award-winning-casting-director

re: Xanadu Rush Tickets?  Jul 18 2007, 06:24:39 PM
Any updates on Xanadu rush? Are Wednesday matinees available?
re: Spring Awakening rush information  Jan 8 2007, 08:39:21 PM
How bad does it get for Saturday nights?
re: Spring Awakening rush information  Jan 8 2007, 12:07:01 AM
How was rush this past weekend?
re: Jonathan Larson Tribute Concert in DC  Oct 21 2006, 11:58:53 PM
I'm going! Can't wait...
re: What's going into the two soon to be vacant theaters?  Aug 27 2006, 04:06:59 AM
My bet is "Princesses" goes into the Lyceum.
re: Paige Davis from Trading Spaces  Aug 27 2006, 04:04:18 AM
Her husband, Patrick Page, is starring in The Lion King as Scar, and just had his play "Swansong" produced at the "Summer Play Festival" last month. Paige was at every performance cheering him on.

re: Fringe recomendations  Aug 20 2006, 05:13:28 PM
Girl Scouts of America
The Deepest Play Ever: The Catharsis of Pathos
Melo-Llama: A Melodrama

re: One of those silly 'What show should I see' threads  Aug 20 2006, 05:10:07 PM
"The Fantasticks" is a very good show, but if you do decide to go make sure to get seats in the Center section, as the sightlines from the side are not great. I would also consider "Jacques Brel is Alive and Well and Living in Paris," which, in my opinion, is one of the best nights of theatre to be had in New York City today.
re: theatre on Cruise Ships  Aug 20 2006, 05:06:35 PM
I got back from a cruise last week. The entertainment was extraordinarily mediocre, with the sole exception being a very talented young pianist named Tian Jiang. For a twelve day cruise, one would hope that more than 1/12 of the shows would be at least moderately interesting. Not so. I have high standards, but, notwithstanding, the quality of the entertainment was pretty ridiculous. The "revue" type shows featured singers who could barely sing and dancers who often could not keep up with the cho
re: Biggest Broadway advance?  Aug 19 2006, 05:15:43 PM
That was it...."Odd Couple" had the largest nonmusical advance.
re: Biggest Broadway advance?  Aug 19 2006, 12:32:48 PM
While I am not totally positive, I believe that it was "The Odd Couple."
re: Spain  Jul 21 2006, 02:06:28 PM
Last night was sold out, and the audience simply raved about the show. Come and see it - only 4 more chances!
Spain  Jul 20 2006, 01:23:17 AM
Come and see "Spain" at the Summer Play Festival at Theatre Row. Performances on Thursday and Friday are now sold out, though a cancellation line will be formed in front of Theatre Row prior to the show. Tickets to performances on Saturday (matinee and evening) and Sunday (matinee) are still available.

Spain by Jim Knable and directed by Jeremy Dobrish (adobe theatre company, joys of sex) is a comedy about a woman, recently left by her husband, who encounters a sixteenth-century conquistador in her twenty-first century living room.
The show is absolutely fabulous, and has been among the most highly regarded at the festival.

Tickets are only $10. More information can be found at:

http://www.spfnyc.com/festival/show.cfm?id=44

re: Best OFF-Bway shows right now  Jul 16 2006, 12:33:39 AM
"Susan and God" at the Mint, closely followed by "Jacques Brel is Alive and Well and Living in Paris."
re: SPF '06  Jul 12 2006, 12:10:08 AM
Bump
re: SPF '06  Jul 10 2006, 08:20:17 AM
I am actually interning for SPF this year. It has been a fabulous experience. The plays are really tremendous, and the production value is remarkable, especially for the $10 ticket price. I highly recommend each and every show, but am going to plug that which I am personally working on, SPAIN. It tells the story of a 16th century conquistador that ends up in the 21st century living room of a woman who lives in Washington DC. It is extremely clever, really well written and has been given a truly
re: Wedding Singer Rush- Arrival Time?  Jun 25 2006, 10:26:16 PM
I rushed on Saturday. Got there just as the Saturday Matinee started to rush a ticket for the Saturday evening performance. I was sold seat B6 in the right Orchestra. Fabulous seat for a show that left me with a huge smile on my face.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You