SMALLER CAST SHOWS

kangaroo Profile Photo
kangaroo
#50re: SMALLER CAST SHOWS
Posted: 4/21/05 at 7:35pm

what lead females does YAMCB have... and how many are usually in the show?

and I have no idea waht Two By Two is

NIL MAGNUM NISI BONUM "No greatness without goodness."

RENThead, enLIGHist, Ozalot, Grobanite, Ringer, Pickwick LW, Wicked, Lost, American Dreams, West Wing
Lea S. Hugh J. Adam P. Idina M. Matt M. Taye D.

apdarcey
#51re: SMALLER CAST SHOWS
Posted: 4/21/05 at 9:55pm

in charlie brown lucy is the biggest part. but the show is only 6 people, and you said 40. i'm thinking now.

apdarcey
#52re: SMALLER CAST SHOWS
Posted: 4/21/05 at 10:18pm

alright. after careful consideration i've decided to recommend "city of angels" to you. it is a musical by cy coleman that is a parody of film noir. there are 9 lead characters... 3 that are bigger than the other 6... it's 5 men, 4 women. there is also a vocal jazz quartet that is part of the show. in addition there is a fairly large ensemble that plays many roles in the show and the story. there are lots of great little scenes/characters. the score is simply superb. the race shouldn't be an issue at all because race isn't a factor in the show in any capacity.
if you'd like more info about the show and/or the characters, etc... just pm me!

MTVMANN Profile Photo
MTVMANN
#53re: SMALLER CAST SHOWS
Posted: 4/22/05 at 2:04am

A Little Night Music!!!!!! Do that one!!!!!!

Urban
#54re: SMALLER CAST SHOWS
Posted: 4/22/05 at 2:39am

I'd have to say "City of Angels" as well.

kangaroo Profile Photo
kangaroo
#55re: SMALLER CAST SHOWS
Posted: 4/22/05 at 6:54pm

thanks everyone... I really appreciate you taking the time to do this.

Is City of Angels well-known?

NIL MAGNUM NISI BONUM "No greatness without goodness."

RENThead, enLIGHist, Ozalot, Grobanite, Ringer, Pickwick LW, Wicked, Lost, American Dreams, West Wing
Lea S. Hugh J. Adam P. Idina M. Matt M. Taye D.

apdarcey
#56re: SMALLER CAST SHOWS
Posted: 4/22/05 at 7:00pm

it is very well known. it is arguable cy coleman's most successful broadway show. it won best musical, original score and book, and many other awards. the score is great and the book is so very clever. it really works very well.

Jwaa
#57re: SMALLER CAST SHOWS
Posted: 4/22/05 at 7:06pm

Love You You're Perfect Now Change - originally 4...but can have as many as you like really!

Thing About Men -5 ...but 2 of them double up as narrators and supporting actors.. :)

La Vie Boheme
#58re: SMALLER CAST SHOWS
Posted: 4/22/05 at 7:13pm

The Mystery of Edwin Drood can be done by a cast of no more than 20. There are a lot of parts and it is such a fun show. Not really well know, but it is very unique because the audiance is a mojor aspect of the show and votes on who the murderer is, the detective is and two lovers.

Dirty Rotten Scoundrals Program: $10 Dirty Rotten Scoundrals Window Poster: $15 Winning the lottery with your friend: Priceless (+ $25) I<3NY

RumTumTugger22 Profile Photo
RumTumTugger22
#59re: SMALLER CAST SHOWS
Posted: 4/22/05 at 10:31pm

DROOD WOULD BE A GREAT CHOICE, I heard of this fabulous production which was done at a theater workshop summer thing. The kid who played bazzard was amazing.

I think people forgot a musical though.....

SWEENEY EPHING TOOD!!!!!!!!

CAGES OR WINGS? WHICH DO YOU PREFER? ASK THE BIRDS. FEAR OR LOVE, BABY? DON'T SAY THE ANSWER, ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.

apdarcey
#60re: SMALLER CAST SHOWS
Posted: 4/22/05 at 10:36pm

drood is fun.

kangaroo, you might want to change the subject of this thread as it is confusing people who choose not to read the whole thing...

MishieRox
#61re: SMALLER CAST SHOWS
Posted: 4/23/05 at 2:34pm

Sondheim's "Company" ... 14 people who are pretty much ALL supporting... and as many ensemble as needed...
lead male - mostly acting, mediocre voice
a female who can sing ladies who lunch
a female who can sing soprano for the background of the getting married song
pretty easy to cast, vocals that need to be worked on...

we did it in our high school last year and ended up winning best musical production at papermill's rising star awards...

Videos