News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Past Musical You Would Love to see a Revival of?- Page 3

Past Musical You Would Love to see a Revival of?

zippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
#50re: Past Musical You Would Love to see a Revival of?
Posted: 5/18/05 at 7:51pm

as i said on the other thread-
west side story
hair
last five years
tick tick boom
pipppin
bye bye birdie

"At the opening night party, they had clowns on stilts, jugglers, a chocolate fountain, popcorn, hot dogs. [My son] looked at me like I had been holding back. Like, 'This is what you do?' I had to tell him, 'No, no, darling. Opening nights don't usually look like this.' It's usually a dark bar with a bottle of vodka." ?Chitty Chitty Bang Bang's Jan Maxwell plus i proudly share the title of the shortest member over the age of 10 with wickedrentq!

elvenprincess971 Profile Photo
elvenprincess971
#51re: Past Musical You Would Love to see a Revival of?
Posted: 5/18/05 at 7:58pm

god thank goodness i thought i was going to be the only one to say HAIR. Dude... im just waiting for the day HAIR comes back. *continues to wait* Its like, something that just has to happen in my lifetime, lol.

Love, Miss Britt

zippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
#52re: Past Musical You Would Love to see a Revival of?
Posted: 5/18/05 at 8:07pm

i am also patientlly waiting. No one night only ****, i want a revival!!!

"At the opening night party, they had clowns on stilts, jugglers, a chocolate fountain, popcorn, hot dogs. [My son] looked at me like I had been holding back. Like, 'This is what you do?' I had to tell him, 'No, no, darling. Opening nights don't usually look like this.' It's usually a dark bar with a bottle of vodka." ?Chitty Chitty Bang Bang's Jan Maxwell plus i proudly share the title of the shortest member over the age of 10 with wickedrentq!

Up In Lost
#53re: Past Musical You Would Love to see a Revival of?
Posted: 5/18/05 at 8:17pm

Sunset Boulevard and Les MIs.

Well, I'm glad he got away with it.

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#54re: Past Musical You Would Love to see a Revival of?
Posted: 5/18/05 at 8:19pm

Miss Saigon, cause I missed it.

Sweeney Todd - but I guess the wait is almost over...

I am still trying to decide on Les Mis - maybe in like 30 years...

Cabaret Mendes-style

Up In Lost
#55re: Past Musical You Would Love to see a Revival of?
Posted: 5/18/05 at 8:22pm

It seems like SO Long ago Les MIs left, but it's been what?Two years?

Well, I'm glad he got away with it.

cturtle Profile Photo
cturtle
#56re: Past Musical You Would Love to see a Revival of?
Posted: 5/18/05 at 10:52pm

W E S T S I D E S T O R Y

(and i also would not argue with RAGTIME!)

RIP glebby <3

apdarcey
#57re: Past Musical You Would Love to see a Revival of?
Posted: 5/18/05 at 11:28pm

apparently no one liked my 10th anniversary concerts idea...

frontrowcentre2 Profile Photo
frontrowcentre2
#58re: Past Musical You Would Love to see a Revival of?
Posted: 5/19/05 at 1:16pm

I liked your anniversary concert idea..but not just the 10th: also the 20th, 25th, 35th (for COMPANY), 40th, 50th. 75th and 100th.

Just a few weeks ago was the 50th anniversray of the opening of DAMN YANKEES! Here are some other major anniversaries...

1995: sadly the ONLY origial book musical to open in 1995 was VICTOR VICTORIA. (Not a great season.)

1985: BIG RIVER

1980: BARNUM, A DAY IN HOLLYWOOD/A NIGHT IN UKRAINE, 42ND STREET

1970: APPLAUSE, COMPANY

1965: ON A CLEAR DAY..., GOLDEN BOY, DO I HEAR A WALTZ, MAN OF LA MANCHA

1955: DAMN YANKEES!, SILK STOCKINGS, PLAIN AND FANCY, SEVENTH HEAVEN (no not that religious TV show!!)

1945: CAROUSEL, UP IN CENTRAL PARK (not Perk!)

1930: GIRL CRAZY

1905: This Chrismas marks the 100th anniversary of Victor Herbert's delightful MADEMOISELLE MODISTE.

NO NO NANETTE will be 80 years old this fall.

Next March MY FAIR LADY celebrates its 50th followed by THE MOST HAPPY FELLA (May), LIL'ABNER, BELLS ARE RINGING (both November) HAPPY HUNTING and the original (Lilllian Hellman version) of CANDIDE (December.)

We missed the 100th anniversaries of the original WIZARD OF OZ (I am told not much of its score has survived) and BABES IN TOYLAND. (both from 1903.)

Cast albums are NOT "soundtracks."
Live theatre does not use a "soundtrack." If it did, it wouldn't be live theatre!

I host a weekly one-hour radio program featuring cast album selections as well as songs by cabaret, jazz and theatre artists. The program, FRONT ROW CENTRE is heard Sundays 9 to 10 am and also Saturdays from 8 to 9 am (eastern times) on www.proudfm.com

apdarcey
#59re: Past Musical You Would Love to see a Revival of?
Posted: 5/19/05 at 1:20pm

now see, how would some of those concerts be! fabulous. and that way people can gauge what actually needs a full blown production, and what was just nice to hear again.

chess12 Profile Photo
chess12
#61re: Past Musical You Would Love to see a Revival of?
Posted: 5/19/05 at 3:56pm

CHESS would be wonderful....

and I think that WEST SIDE STORY would be amazing if it was done modern. that would be awesome.

bryan
#62re: Past Musical You Would Love to see a Revival of?
Posted: 5/19/05 at 6:26pm

how about inner city, maggie flynn, let it ride

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#63re: Past Musical You Would Love to see a Revival of?
Posted: 5/19/05 at 7:00pm

Okay to the comment way back on Page one regarding an "all black" THE MUSIC MAN. Is Marion still going to sing "My WHITE Knight?"

artsamore Profile Photo
artsamore
#64re: Past Musical You Would Love to see a Revival of?
Posted: 5/19/05 at 8:12pm

Someone earlier said "Kismet" which I think is a great idea!

Also we could use "The Secret Garden" about now as well

NYCisHome Profile Photo
NYCisHome
#65re: Past Musical You Would Love to see a Revival of?
Posted: 5/19/05 at 9:07pm

Um...I geuss I would go with...

Sunday in the Park with George and A Little Night Music beging my biggest. However, I REALLY want to see Tick, Tick..Boom again, so I'm hoping it tours near here again or something..

"Every exit is just an entrance to somewhere else."

#66Revival....
Posted: 5/19/05 at 9:12pm

I was thinking there should be some great shows that could use a nice update or a new view....

CARRIE would be neat to do still. I wish it would at least have been video taped.
SIDE SHOW would be neat also.. Maybe in a theater that was in the round to give it a Carnival/Circus feel.
RAGTIME would be neat. Just give the show 20 million and let them built the way it should have been done with exhubarent sets and costumes and make it the incredible piece it is.
A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC would be nice done all big sets and such

Videos