pixeltracker

Your hero's biggest mistake?- Page 3

Your hero's biggest mistake?

#50re: Your hero's biggest mistake?
Posted: 9/14/05 at 7:53pm

I have NO RIGHT? I have every RIGHT... I'm trying to understand musicals more and everytime I read Margo and YOU, I'm turned off the subject. Go back to your little circle of bitchy theater queens and give a gal chance to furture her education without all the sour showing off.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#51re: Your hero's biggest mistake?
Posted: 9/14/05 at 7:57pm

And calling him an asshole really makes you look a LOT better....

A work of art is an invitation to love.

#52re: Your hero's biggest mistake?
Posted: 9/14/05 at 8:05pm

I'm not here to look good, Buddy. I'm here to learn a little something about a subject I'm begining to get interested in. I said I think Margo is nasty and I think Yipper makes sense. Maybe everyone here already knows an encyclopedia worth of theater stuff, but I don't. Yipper is one of few people I've read on this board who makes me more interested in the subject. Margo turns me off and so do her lapdogs.

BSoBW2
#53re: Your hero's biggest mistake?
Posted: 9/14/05 at 8:11pm

A couple things,

1) "My idol is Frank Wildhorn. Only because of the glorious music he writes. Just him at the piano, no lyrics. That's gorgeous music to me and that's what I admire about him.

His biggest mistake was cheating on Linda Eder."

YES, so true! But Linda has her Judy Album coming out!

2) Margo is not nasty. Margo does not have to prove that he knows a lot anymore. And the one thing he does that some don't is say when it is fact, and when it is just his opinion.

3) Do we HAVE to call Margo a she?

4) I heard Kelli talking about the recent Follies revival - was it so bad just because of the casting? Updated On: 9/14/05 at 08:11 PM

#54re: Your hero's biggest mistake?
Posted: 9/14/05 at 8:11pm

Besides, it is your pal sumofallthings that started with the nasty name calling... why don't you go give him a swift kick in the keister!

BSoBW2
#55re: Your hero's biggest mistake?
Posted: 9/14/05 at 8:17pm

Are you MBP? 58012dude? idinamenzelfan500019, etc?

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#56re: Your hero's biggest mistake?
Posted: 9/14/05 at 8:20pm

*snort*

That's a tough 'lil attitude you've got there, "Buddy."

And um, my heroes don't make mistakes. Except when they say dumb things to the NY Times? Well, things that look dumb. But then again, is Adam my "hero" or just someone I like a lot? heh.

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 9/14/05 at 08:20 PM

#57re: Your hero's biggest mistake?
Posted: 9/14/05 at 8:22pm

I have no idea what you are talking about. Is that some sort of inside theater lingo? No wonder people prefer movies.

BSoBW2
#58re: Your hero's biggest mistake?
Posted: 9/14/05 at 8:23pm

Funny, that's a similar way the other "person" responded to the question.

Em - if anyone knows about their heroes making wrong comments to the NY Times, I think I know the most re: Your hero's biggest mistake?

SAD!

yipper Profile Photo
yipper
#59re: Your hero's biggest mistake?
Posted: 9/14/05 at 8:36pm

I like your balls, Menzella. I'm glad you are interested in understanding and appreciating FOLLIES. It is truly a masterwork. I will email you some suggested reading to start you off. Keep your interest in the theatre alive, it will pay big dividends in the end.

Follow the Fellow who Follows a Dream...

#60re: Your hero's biggest mistake?
Posted: 9/14/05 at 8:48pm

Thanks Yip.

GovernorSlaton Profile Photo
GovernorSlaton
#61re: Your hero's biggest mistake?
Posted: 9/14/05 at 8:55pm

Margo really doesn't need anyone to defend him, but let me just say something. Most people list Margo as their favorite board member for a reason. He has a wealth of knowledge about theater, among other things. He posts what he knows in an informative manner, and he does this not because he wants to show off, but because posters on this board are looking for answers to their questions, much as you, menzella, seem to be. He has stated on numerous occasions that he's not fishing for compliments or appreciation, and is, in fact, embarassed by the many Appreciation Threads started by posters who have learned from his posts. Maybe if you hadn't been so obnoxious to Margo from the time you joined, you might have learned something from him too.
Updated On: 9/14/05 at 08:55 PM

#62re: Your hero's biggest mistake?
Posted: 9/14/05 at 9:09pm

Ok...so you want to keep this going FINE. All I've learned from Saint Margo is to read a bunch of books and spout out someone elses ideas as your own. I'll go to library, thank you very much. I'll get more information and less pretense.

Funny how someone who needs no one to defend him has trained his lapdogs to do just that. Margo might inspire you, but he doesn't inspire me and I'm not ashamed or afraid to say so.

Go on, keep it coming...

jeremykushnier1fan Profile Photo
jeremykushnier1fan
#63re: Your hero's biggest mistake?
Posted: 9/14/05 at 9:16pm

Wow menzella i don't know where the hell you came from but come on, do you really need to call people assholes and have a terrible attitude to get your point across?

Sumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
#64re: Your hero's biggest mistake?
Posted: 9/14/05 at 9:43pm

I refer to Margo as a she merely because it is easier in my mind to write the name Margo as a feminine pronoun.

My dear I really could care less about your opinion of me. You know what I am NASTY! I am a nasty mutha ****a! You want to mess with me, come on, I will post your ass to death. I am opinionated, I am strong willed, I am stubborn, I am a jerk but I am loyal and I am a friend and I am capable of defending myself. You can do nothing to tarnish my name because I don't pretend to be something I'm not. Margo has helped me dozens of times with specific answers to extremely difficult questions. You just don't know how to use your resources. Darling.

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

popcultureboy Profile Photo
popcultureboy
#65re: Your hero's biggest mistake?
Posted: 9/14/05 at 9:44pm

Margo comes off as a pretentious show off, more interested in sounding smart than helping people understand theater better... If you don't like the way I think...TOUGH!

What Margo comes off as is intelligent and informed, which is something a lot of people on this board are not. I am not a Margo acolyte and while I enjoy reading what he has to say, I don't feel the need to fall over myself and proclaim him a genius the way a lot of people on here do. He and I don't always see eye to eye on matters but at least our dialogue about said matters rises above the kindergarten level "I'm rubber and you're glue" that you seem to be going for.

And please, don't over estimate yourself. You don't THINK.

Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.

#66re: Your hero's biggest mistake?
Posted: 9/14/05 at 10:10pm

You Margophiles can't stand that I think Yippers understanding of the show Follies is more complete. I don't know the show Follies, but if I were to take my musical theater marching orders from Margo (like the rest of you Margo group thinkers) I would never find out for myself. Yip really intrigued me. I think he understand something about the show FOLLIES that the almighty Margo doesn't. Is that sooo hard for you lapdogs to understand?

As for overestimateing myself.. well I think I've held my own so far considering I am a neophyte to this. I must be hitting some sort of nevres in Margo's lapdogs... they started and continue to post the nastily toned remarks I first accused Margo of spouting.

She has trained her lapdogs well.

Updated On: 9/14/05 at 10:10 PM

jeremykushnier1fan Profile Photo
jeremykushnier1fan
#67re: Your hero's biggest mistake?
Posted: 9/14/05 at 10:12pm

I think someone is jealous or either reall unhappy with life.

BSoBW2
#68re: Your hero's biggest mistake?
Posted: 9/14/05 at 10:14pm

What did yippers say that makes you think on your own?

popcultureboy
#69re: Your hero's biggest mistake?
Posted: 9/14/05 at 10:15pm

Not a Margo lapdog, as I previously stated. I don't feel I have to leap to his defense when some educationally subnormal little upstart bashes him. I have had disagreements with Margo before and will no doubt have them again. The key difference will be that said disagreements will be played out with intelligence and courtesy, 2 traits you so evidently lack.

Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.

#70re: Your hero's biggest mistake?
Posted: 9/14/05 at 10:20pm

Yipper really shared his love for this show, and why he loves it. Margo lists the show a mistake and at the same time says it brilliant, on of the best shows ever. What is that all about? There must be something to this show. Yipper emailed me list of books I can read to find out for myself. Terribly nice. He also said that it a hard show for most people to appreciate and not be discouraged if I can't understand it. Very sweet. He also said it was grim and bitter...but it was worth studying. Margo doesn't care about Follies. So why should I listen to her?

Sumofallthings
#71re: Your hero's biggest mistake?
Posted: 9/14/05 at 10:25pm

I have absolutely nothing against Yipper, on the contrary he did an excellent job defending his position. I am in no way Margo's "lapdog" I think for myself. I don't even know why I'm arguing with you, you weren't contributing anything to the board before.

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

#72re: Your hero's biggest mistake?
Posted: 9/14/05 at 10:26pm

All you Margo lapdogs are funny you all say the SAME thing..

I'm not a lapdog - but you act like one.
Margo needs no defense - but you defend her
I'm evil because I called her nasty - yet you all try to be more isulting than the last guy.

You can't stand that some one in the world thinks Margo doesn't understand FOLLIES as well as Yipper. Get over it.

popcultureboy
#73re: Your hero's biggest mistake?
Posted: 9/14/05 at 10:27pm

Margo lists the show a mistake and at the same time says it brilliant, on of the best shows ever. What is that all about?

Margo MORE than makes his feelings on the show clear. If you read what he wrote you'd realise this. Or should I say UNDERSTOOD what he wrote.

Sumofallthings
#74re: Your hero's biggest mistake?
Posted: 9/14/05 at 10:33pm

I'm not a lapdog - but you act like one.
Margo needs no defense - but you defend her
I'm evil because I called her nasty - yet you all try to be more isulting than the last guy.

You might not be an idiot - but you act like one
Yipper needs no defense because he's capable - but you defend him
You're evil because you called her nasty - not evil really, more like...well I guess evil is fine.

Videos