pixeltracker

THE WEDDING SINGER starts previews MARCH 30th and opens APRIL 27!!- Page 3

THE WEDDING SINGER starts previews MARCH 30th and opens APRIL 27!!

RYANWOODS Profile Photo
RYANWOODS
#50re: THE WEDDING SINGER starts previews MARCH 30th and opens APRIL 27!!
Posted: 10/7/05 at 1:27pm

Also - I cant see Sweet Charity moving. I still think this show has got another year in it, its going from strgeth to strength and its turn-over is generally around the 70% on avaerage so theres not much reason for it to end yet. It is a great revival.

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#51re: THE WEDDING SINGER starts previews MARCH 30th and opens APRIL 27!!
Posted: 10/7/05 at 1:32pm

Unfortunately smaxie, you're wrong.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#52re: THE WEDDING SINGER starts previews MARCH 30th and opens APRIL 27!!
Posted: 10/7/05 at 1:33pm

I'm not...in the least.

Roundabout had nothing coming into Studio 54 until Pacific Overtures in November. Had Assassins been selling tickets, it would have extended thru the fall, but the business wasn't there. By contrast, look at what happened with Roundabout's Twelve Angry Men, which was a genuine critical AND popular success, running for nearly 8 months in what was supposed to be a "limited engagement".

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.
Updated On: 10/7/05 at 01:33 PM

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#53re: THE WEDDING SINGER starts previews MARCH 30th and opens APRIL 27!!
Posted: 10/7/05 at 1:41pm

having nothing to do with sweeney, i really do think the eugene o'neill is a great house for wedding singer... i think it fits

and i really do hope a chorus line goes into the hilton since it can't be at the shubert re: THE WEDDING SINGER starts previews MARCH 30th and opens APRIL 27!!

not to be a pessimist, but out of sweet charity, jersey boys, and sweeney todd, i'm sure at least ONE of them won't be playing in six months

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

amperage
#54re: THE WEDDING SINGER starts previews MARCH 30th and opens APRIL 27!!
Posted: 10/7/05 at 3:01pm

It is so nice to see that talent like Sklar & Beguilin (sp?) will finally get to Broadway. This is going to be a great show if their past work is any indication

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#55re: THE WEDDING SINGER starts previews MARCH 30th and opens APRIL 27!!
Posted: 10/7/05 at 3:14pm

Mary Poppins is going into the New Amsterdam. The Lion King is moving to the Minskoff. This has been written about numerous times.

I don't know that the Hilton is such a great place for A Chorus Line. That's a huge stage, and it would look mighty empty with just that line for most of the show.

I don't think Charity will move, nor do I think it will close. If anything, The Wedding Singer will go into the Virgnia (now the August Wilson). I don't think it would be profitable at the O'Neill or Walter Kerr.

RYANWOODS Profile Photo
RYANWOODS
#56re: THE WEDDING SINGER starts previews MARCH 30th and opens APRIL 27!!
Posted: 10/7/05 at 4:04pm

Someone told me ages ago A Chorus Line could go to The Luntt Fortaine as Disney wont hold 4 shows at once (that being when Poppins opens)

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#57re: THE WEDDING SINGER starts previews MARCH 30th and opens APRIL 27!!
Posted: 10/7/05 at 4:18pm

No. Disney very much wants Beauty and the Beast to be around when Mary Poppins eventually arrives. And it is still doing strong enough business to be around for another year or two.

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

Videos