pixeltracker

Golden Globe Noms today!- Page 3

Golden Globe Noms today!

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#50re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 6:05pm

Rentheads finally get a taste of their own medicine, oh happy day!
I don't think The Producers has much of a shot except in original song. Then again, I thought the same thing about Chicago except for Catherine Zeta Jones and look what happened.

#51re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 6:05pm

Evelyn Nesbitt, Will Ferrell's part is even less complex and less interesting than Uma's. He does the same schtick in every single scene.

Roscoe
#52re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 6:07pm

At least they didn't nominate William Hurt for his idiotic performance in History Of Violence.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#53re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 6:15pm

Honestly my only surprise regarding Rent was the fact that Rosario Dawson didn't get an acting nod. I was so annoyed by Will Ferrel's nomination, he can't act! I was also surprised that Matthew Broderick wasn't nominated and Will Ferrel was! I thought some awards were considering Broderick as supporting. Anyways, in general, much upset about this year's nominations.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Fantabulous428 Profile Photo
Fantabulous428
#54re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 6:17pm

I still can't believe no Jake G. for BM

I recognize the addiction to being alive.

ashley0139
#55re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 6:19pm

I'm sorry, but can no one branch out? There are other brilliant shows on tv besides Desperate Housewives.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

#56re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 6:26pm

i wanted T.R. Knight to get nominated for Grey's Anatomy. He's soooo funnnyyyyy!!! (sorry, had to vent)

I'm really upset about Rent not being nominated for ANYTHING! C'mon, Jesse was unbelievable! i thought at least he would get soemthing. uhg. i'm just really pissed off. Anthony, i know you still lurk around BWW, and just so you know, we send our love, and we all are just as pissed as i'm sure you are.

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#57re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/13/05 at 6:26pm

The fact that Peter Gallagher, Kelly Rowan and Adam Brody have been ignored by every major award, this doesn't count Teen's Choice Awards, for their outstadning work on "The OC" is rather shocking. They are the only thing keeping this once interesting, now getting dull, show alive. Gallagher is more derserving than the other two. I'm shocked he hasn't been reconized by now.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#58re: Golden Globe Noms today!
Posted: 12/14/05 at 12:36pm

ray-andallthatjazz86 --- I'm actually not surprised that Matthew Broderick didn't get nominated. And that has nothing to do with his performance. It's one of those "where do we put him" dilemmas. Is he leading or supporting? If voters split on where to write him down, he's going to end up with nothing. And studio "pushing" can sometimes help and sometimes HURT that decision. Come "Oscar time," probably half of the Academy members will know that in the original film Gene Wilder (Matthew's part) was nominated for Best Supporting Actor. They may have a preconceived idea of what/where that role is going.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22
Updated On: 12/14/05 at 12:36 PM

Videos