pixeltracker

weird ideas for musicals- Page 3

weird ideas for musicals

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#50re: weird ideas for musicals
Posted: 5/29/15 at 8:12am

The Human Centipede The Musical

It would be in 3 parts. Think of the merchandising. It would be a bit of a tough sell to the family crowd.It would make Sideshow sell like Matilda by comparison.

Song titles might be " I Will Never Leave You" and "Stuck On You"

Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 5/29/15 at 08:12 AM

yknot
#51re: weird ideas for musicals
Posted: 5/29/15 at 10:29am

"I actually really want to adapt this kid's book called "Here Be Monsters" Tough plot to explain, but it seems like a lot of fun...if only I knew enough music theory."

Now's the time to do it, with the popularity of The Boxtrolls!

Updated On: 5/29/15 at 10:29 AM

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#52re: weird ideas for musicals
Posted: 5/29/15 at 11:03am

I had a dream last night and woke up thinking it was a show I should develop. The more I think about it the less sure I am.

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#53re: weird ideas for musicals
Posted: 5/29/15 at 11:39am

"Elfuhbuh, your wish may have been granted back in '72:

http://castalbums.org/recordings/Carmilla-1972-Original-Off-Broadway-Cast/1134

Failing that, a newer version:

http://www.theatermania.com/new-york-city-theater/news/carmilla-york-theatre-staged-reading_71894.html"

YESSSSSSS. Although I don't know why that new musical changed Laura's name to Vanessa, but I'm still intrigued! 

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

Fan123 Profile Photo
Fan123
#54re: weird ideas for musicals
Posted: 5/29/15 at 5:48pm

"The Human Centipede The Musical"

Though I can barely stomach knowing the basic concept for those films, much less ever watching them, even I can see the potential for some amazing choreography here.

I've also spent too much mental energy working out the logic of a Star Trek musical in which, as is often the case, music = emotion, so the human characters would sing and/or dance everything while some Vulcans would speak all their lines and look on at all the human/musical theatre silliness with disdain. Half-human Spock would speak in rhyming couplets without ever realising or admitting he was doing so, with some climactic all-out singing moment. It would be terrible/great!

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#55re: weird ideas for musicals
Posted: 5/29/15 at 7:22pm

Professor Higgins is a snobbish Connecticut ****, and she woo's the guy with the buttcrack?

Stephanatic

Starship
#56re: weird ideas for musicals
Posted: 5/29/15 at 8:02pm

Almost said House of Cards the Musical but I actually wouldn't mind that.

VintageSnarker
#57re: weird ideas for musicals
Posted: 5/29/15 at 8:25pm

I'm sure it would be a flop but with the right team a musical based on the Salem Witch Trials could produce some good songs. Other probable flops? Wuthering Heights, Gone With the Wind, Girl With a Pearl Earring... Yes, I'm just looking at my bookshelf.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#58re: weird ideas for musicals
Posted: 5/30/15 at 7:56am

Musicals have already been done on the first 2 you mentioned. 2 were done alone on GWTW

Poster Emeritus

Videos