pixeltracker

little kids at shows not age appropriate- Page 3

little kids at shows not age appropriate

promisespromises2 Profile Photo
promisespromises2
#50re: little kids at shows not age appropriate
Posted: 2/6/14 at 4:05pm

You know what's interesting. I've seen The Lion King and Cinderella, and I actually found myself saying "Where ARE the kids". I think the only time that I've seen many kids at a show was when I went to London and saw Wicked.

Every kid has a different maturity level. You as a parent have to decide what your child is going to take away from the show and go from there. If the parents thought that their kids could handle it, then so be it!

As for the whole manners thing, I feel like there is no escaping that, child OR adult.

Emmaloucbway
#51re: little kids at shows not age appropriate
Posted: 2/6/14 at 4:10pm

I've seen little kids at Book of Mormon countless times, some even look as young as 5.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#52re: little kids at shows not age appropriate
Posted: 2/6/14 at 5:28pm

One thing that I have noticed in terms of going to the theatre is that sometimes the kids are smarter and behave better than the parents. I remember witnessing the same thing both at a performance of Beauty and the Beast and Mary Poppins. The mother assumed that, due to the child's age, they had no clue what was going on. So, the mother took it upon herself to give the kids a running commentary of what was happening on the stage. The kids had a look on their face that read "shut up Mom, we're trying to watch the show."

I think that sometimes kids know more/ behave better than given credit for sometimes.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#53re: little kids at shows not age appropriate
Posted: 2/6/14 at 6:41pm

saulssweetie, there was a little girl who was a little bit older than that behind me at Richard III last Saturday. She wasn't super talkative but was fairly fidgety and also clearly had no idea what was happening onstage. I'm all for bringing kids to the theatre and I'm certainly grateful my parents took me to see many things when I was young, but I feel like bringing a little kid to a 3-hour Shakespeare play is probably not the best idea in most cases.

Videos