pixeltracker

Will Cerveris Top Esparza?- Page 3

Will Cerveris Top Esparza?

#50re: Will Cerveris Top Esparza?
Posted: 5/4/07 at 7:47pm

LaCageAuxFollesFan: Cerveris/Esparza
Ebersole/Murphy

wow, & i must be pretty cool...i've drawn 'em all!
Ceveris & Murphy twice!

keen on kean Profile Photo
keen on kean
#51re: Will Cerveris Top Esparza?
Posted: 5/4/07 at 8:01pm

I can also make the argument that it is easier to create a role because no one has any previous conception to compare your performance with (to?), so you are not struggling to erase or supercede expectations about technique or approach. Wasn't that part of what Cerveris was up against last year with Sweeney?

BSoBW2
#52re: Will Cerveris Top Esparza?
Posted: 5/4/07 at 9:52pm

Yes, and did he win the Tony? No.

Cerveris '07!

MiracleElixir Profile Photo
MiracleElixir
#53re: Will Cerveris Top Esparza?
Posted: 5/4/07 at 10:51pm

Okay, yes, we all think Groff is pretty, but can this Tony B.S. please stop? He's lucky enough to be in a great show, but the boy overacts like no other, playing everything with such broad strokes and never once selling the part.

In my opinion, he's the one weak link (though like I said, a beautiful-looking weak link) in the show.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#54re: Will Cerveris Top Esparza?
Posted: 5/4/07 at 11:25pm

". I don't feel moved by Esparza when he sings, it always seems like a chore for him,"

Wow. Have you seen him do Petrified?

Interesting. I feel just the opposite. When Raul sings, to me it looks like he isn't even aware that he's singing, it's so natural. Especially in Tick Tick Boom.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

lucydee Profile Photo
lucydee
#55re: Will Cerveris Top Esparza?
Posted: 5/5/07 at 11:25am

This is a tough one!
So many talented Men, I loved everyone of the performances by each. Boy I'm glad I'm not on the Tony Committee trying to decide which actor should get the Tony.

Feel the Love - Les Mis

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#56re: Will Cerveris Top Esparza?
Posted: 5/6/07 at 10:21pm

since the Tony Awards are about touring and money, I would say that the best bets are GAVIN LEE and DAVID HYDE PIERCE... both are in shows that would best work on tour (Mary Poppins for obvious reasons, and Curtains because it's fun and by Cabaret creators Kander & Ebb).

The road voters care about one award:

Best Musical.

David Hyde Pierce and Gavin Lee aren't going to be hopping on the road to tour the country in these roles. So either of them winning the Tony couldn't be used in the marketing of a tour anyway.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

RockabyeHamlet
#57re: Will Cerveris Top Esparza?
Posted: 5/7/07 at 3:30am

Cerveris 'O7! I think we should make t-shirts and campaign buttons:)

"I wouldn't let Esparza's Bobby take my kids to the zoo...I'd be afraid he'd steal their ice cream and laugh."- YankeeFan
"People who like Sondheim enjoy cruelty."-LuvtheEmcee
Updated On: 5/7/07 at 03:30 AM

Videos