Broadway Barks

jeffrey1dog Profile Photo
jeffrey1dog
#50re: Broadway Barks
Posted: 7/14/08 at 1:19am

Aweeee too cute - And look at the doggie drool Perez added -haha.

Ray-andallthatjazz86 - That would make me about 15 1/2 ft. tall - lol. I really need to buy a new camera. Mine died at XANADU in April while I was taking a picture of my friend Joe with Cheyenne and he still hasn't forgiven me for that.
Oh... and even though you lost the ITH & TOS lotto's I'm glad you got to see BOEING, BOEING & meet the great Baranski re: Broadway Barks

< Patty Duke (the original Neely O'Hara) & me (March 8, 2010)

Melicus Profile Photo
Melicus
#51re: Broadway Barks
Posted: 7/14/08 at 1:49am

Jordangirl: Thank you for sharing the pics!

It's such a wonderful event. Kudos to all who volunteered their time! I hope lots of pets found loving homes.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#52re: Broadway Barks
Posted: 7/14/08 at 6:03am

You're welcome Melicus! :)

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

Melicus Profile Photo
Melicus
#53re: Broadway Barks
Posted: 7/14/08 at 1:21pm

re: Broadway Barks

This is my favorite pic from the BWW article. How cute! re: Broadway Barks

BroadwayBelle2 Profile Photo
BroadwayBelle2
#54re: Broadway Barks
Posted: 7/14/08 at 2:53pm

Awwwww so cute!

Dawn Davenport Profile Photo
Dawn Davenport
#55re: Broadway Barks
Posted: 7/14/08 at 4:27pm

To answer the original poster's question, no shelter will ever adopt dogs out for free; they need to recoup some of the costs for spay/neuter, food and board, etc., and also because sometimes very dodgy people want animals for free, to do god knows what to them. They want to be sure that prospective adopters are really serious about wanting the dog or cat as a companion, so charging a fee is part of that process.

On a lighter note, I was one of the volunteers at the silent auction table so I had a very nice view of all the talent that was there to help adopt out these very needy and worthy animals! It was an honor to be a part of it, as animals and Broadway are two of my biggest loves! It was also kind of bizarre and adorable to watch Dr. Ruth enthusiastically greeting Harvey Fierstein, Joel Grey, etc. (she was sitting right behind the silent auction table.) Very cute!

My only bummer was I took a short break and missed Cheyenne Jackson, I could've kicked myself! I only just saw him (and loved him) in Damn Yankees. Fabulous voice, great looking :)

For those who might be seriously considering adoption:
www.petfinder.com

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#56re: Broadway Barks TYPOS
Posted: 7/15/08 at 4:40am

https://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=29898

Hey, BWW! "Eric Grudy" is generally better known in Equity as Eric Briarley, although his real name is Eric Briarley Grundy.

In case you guys were wondering why the link didn't come up...

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Videos