pixeltracker

Changing seats at intermission- Page 3

Changing seats at intermission

SingingCats Profile Photo
SingingCats
#50re: Changing seats at intermission
Posted: 10/2/08 at 1:59pm

I think it's fine to do it at intermission, but it annoys me when people move before the show and then the people show up and its distracting because everyone has to move around.

We got to move up at In The Heights next week because the front mezz was empty, so that was great. I'm glad I didn't pay more for the f-mezz seats.

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#51re: Changing seats at intermission
Posted: 10/2/08 at 2:30pm

I'm not HPMagicWand and he didn't join today. He posted earlier in this thread on the 29th of September.

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

TheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
#52re: Changing seats at intermission
Posted: 10/2/08 at 2:31pm

I have no problem with people moving into better seats if it's not affecting me. If I happen to change my own seat, I don't generally ask an usher because then I run the risk of them saying No. I would rather get in trouble and be told to go back to my original seat if they catch me and it's a problem.

I also don't make a scene. I don't move into center Orchestra seats because those are generally house seats and you never know who might show up for Act 2.
ONE time I moved to center mezz seats during intermission, and they ended up being Julie Andrews' reserved seats. Oops
It was for the "The Boyfriend" at Goodspeed Opera House.
I DID, however, ask an Usher because A. I knew for a fact Julie would not be there, and B. there were some old (slower) ladies who tried to move there and were peeved that my friends and I got them first. So, rather than get in trouble, we asked and were therefore allowed to stay in them.

City Center I moved. You can't see anything in those balcony seats. I try to only buy Orchestra at City Center, otherwise it's not worth going. The one time I took balcony I regretted it.

"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~

bestinshow2 Profile Photo
bestinshow2
#53re: Changing seats at intermission
Posted: 10/2/08 at 6:16pm

I always change my seat (or go from standing to a seat) if Ifeel like it which is most of the time. I do it at concerts too. I think the only time I was stopped was at "The History Boys" on Broadway. Pshht.

"My name's Lenny. What's yours?"

The Boy From Ohio Profile Photo
The Boy From Ohio
#54re: Changing seats at intermission
Posted: 10/2/08 at 8:15pm

When I was younger I moved to better seats all the time. Now I'm older I have season tix, or better seats to start with. When I'm at a show I see students move all the time. I see no problem with it.

9/10 - Next To Normal, Ensemble Theatre
9/18 - Brian Stokes Mitchell, Cincy Pop's
9/28 - Death Of A Salesman, Wright State

Celra Profile Photo
Celra
#55re: Changing seats at intermission
Posted: 12/8/08 at 7:38am

I move almost everytime I go.

At Wicked I was way in back so 3 minutes before the show I moved to the 3rd row.

At Hairspray I had 4th row seats and I got stuck next to this rude couple so during intermission I moved back to the 7th row

fetzles1490
#56re: Changing seats at intermission
Posted: 12/8/08 at 10:22am

I move seats every so often, usually at intermission, and I (almost) always ask an usher first. This past weekend I had an SRO comp for Chicago, but saw a few vacant seats in the back of the orchestra. I asked an usher if I could sit for Act 2, and they said it was fine, but if someone showed up to claim the seats I'd have to move back. As expected, nobody showed up. Sure, I've been told I can't move seats once or twice, but what's the harm in asking?

Videos