MillieDillmount Profile Photo
MillieDillmount
#76re: Who DESERVES a jukebox musical?
Posted: 7/7/09 at 11:29am

Michael Jackson as a tribute to him. <3

Jonwo
#77re: Who DESERVES a jukebox musical?
Posted: 7/7/09 at 11:33am

Elton John has a great catalogue of songs for a jukebox musical but he said on an radio interview that he would rather compose new music for songs in new musicals.

I think the problems with most jukebox musicals is the book and story tends to be quite poor, the few exceptions to that rule aside from the bio musicals like Jersey Boys and Buddy are Our House which utilised Madness songs with a great story and Priscilla Queen of the Desert the Musical where the songs fit the show like a glove.

mybigsplash Profile Photo
mybigsplash
#78re: Who DESERVES a jukebox musical?
Posted: 7/7/09 at 1:12pm

THE SPICE GIRLS. yep, you know you would see this.

Stephen: "Could you grab me a coffee?" Me: "Would you like that with all the colors of the wind?"

ErinDillyFan Profile Photo
ErinDillyFan
#79re: Who DESERVES a jukebox musical?
Posted: 7/7/09 at 1:49pm

"I always thought Twyla Tharp should do a great MOVIN' OUT style musical with the music of Kate Bush. Problem is, am I the only one who would go see it? "

There would be a few of us in the audience.

I would like to see a Janis Ian based show. I haven't seen the show based on Harry Chapin's work, but hope to someday. Stan Rogers songs would make for some great stage sequences.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#80re: Who DESERVES a jukebox musical?
Posted: 7/7/09 at 1:55pm

Fleetwood Mac

StephenSondheimWHOO Profile Photo
StephenSondheimWHOO
#81re: Who DESERVES a jukebox musical?
Posted: 7/7/09 at 2:16pm

Nellie McKay.

devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
#82re: Who DESERVES a jukebox musical?
Posted: 7/7/09 at 4:52pm

Borstalboy I'm with you on the Kate Bush dance drama. When I was a kid she ran into me with her shopping trolley in Eltham, South East London- I swear it's a true story. A dance show of the Ninth Wave must be done- preferably classical ballet. The contemporary for other works. Ariel's suit could also be glorious!

Failing that, Rufus Wainwright show please.

Oh, and about a year ago there was a lot of talk of a Duran Duran show. Not sure what's happened recently.

DMsquared2 Profile Photo
DMsquared2
#83re: Who DESERVES a jukebox musical?
Posted: 7/7/09 at 4:54pm

Blondie

Videos