pixeltracker

'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread- Page 4

'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread

Elke Profile Photo
Elke
#75'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 1/29/11 at 8:58pm

'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread

Just out of curiosity, for those of you who've seen the show in Seattle... was this type of staircase also part of the set or is it new?
Bigger version on their Facebook page

pli1018
#76'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 1/29/11 at 9:45pm

I don't recall there being a staircase like that in Seattle...

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#77'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 1/30/11 at 2:20pm

Anyone have any idea who the understudies are?

I know Jay Armstrong Johnson is Aaron's standby. I believe Brandon Wardell is Aaron's understudy, but other than those two I'm clueless.

ryanliz2
#78'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 1/30/11 at 11:06pm

Brandon is the understudy for Aaron; haven't heard anything about others yet, though.

Any word on a lotto/rush policy yet?

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#79'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 1/30/11 at 11:15pm

"Any word on a lotto/rush policy yet?"

^ when I went to buy my first preview ticket last week he said that the first two rows of the theater are reserved most likely for a lottery but it's not 100% definite yet

PiraguaGuy2
#80'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 1/30/11 at 11:36pm

I'm glad to hear Yorkey's been called in to work on the book. The show has remarkable potential and I really hope they get the following issues fixed:

1. The drab, bare-bones set (really doesn't fit with such an extravagant, colorful show)
2. The "live TV special" framing device (I mean, does a musical need an excuse to have songs, dances, and narration?
3. The rushed nature of the ending (particularly the scenes where Frank gets caught and the lackluster finale, which ends the show on a whimper)
4. That godawful, plodding and saccharine New Orleans sequence, which is severely out of step with the rest of the show and stops it dead precisely when it should be picking up speed.

But the performances are out-of-this world and the majority of the songs are wonderful. Very excited to see how this one's grown.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

rmusic11322
#81'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 1/31/11 at 3:35pm

Just listened to Jet Set that BWW has posted and one of the woman in the beginning of the song sounds like Anneliese van der Pol.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
bwayfan7000
#83'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 1/31/11 at 5:45pm

I think I remember hearing something like since the Seattle production was considered a regional production and not pre-Bway exactly, the budget in Seattle was only a fraction of what Broadway's would be. So that probably will provide for a flashier set, but I can't say for sure.

"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos."-Stephen Sondheim

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#84'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 1/31/11 at 6:03pm

I liked the other two songs I have heard from the score, but Jet Set was pretty bland, imo.

....but the world goes 'round

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#85'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 2/16/11 at 9:26pm

The rehearsal footage is making me so much more excited! They all sound amazing. Wish Aaron did Goodbye though.

beautywickedlover
#86'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 2/20/11 at 12:03am

In the cast information on the official website Kerry lists all of her Broadway credits except for "Beauty and the Beast." Was that a typo, or do you think she did not want to include that credit?

http://www.catchmethemusical.com/cast
Updated On: 2/20/11 at 12:03 AM

rmusic11322
#87'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 2/20/11 at 12:06am

^ Actors choose what they want and don't want in their bio.

ReggieonBway Profile Photo
ReggieonBway
#88'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 2/20/11 at 10:21pm

Goodbye is by far my favorite song in the show - unfortunately, it's also the only song I can't find a Tveit-sung recording of.

Regardless, I really loved the show in Seattle, and the rehearsal video made for a great watch. Very excited for the Broadway premiere.

Noel&Cole
#89'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 2/21/11 at 3:21pm

So looking forward to this show! I hope it finds a better future than the fate of the last "Hairspray"-esque follow up, CRY-BABY (which I like for the record).

The cast is amazing! I cannot wait to see what Aaron Tveit does! And Marc Shaiman and Scott Whitman always write such great tunes!

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#90'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 3/2/11 at 12:15pm

Any news on a cast recording? Hoping they record soon!

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
Swirly Profile Photo
Swirly
#92'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 3/3/11 at 8:13pm

VERY excited about this show and the cast album! This show has the strongest material and cast going for it. Excited!

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#93'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 3/9/11 at 12:46pm

Just bought tickets for April 23rd Mat..first row center Orch row A for 84 plus taxes and fees! How is first row in the neil simon?

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#94'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 3/9/11 at 12:48pm

I'll be sitting in the first row Friday night, so I'll let you know.

I guess the front row isn't being used for lotto.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
threetwoone Profile Photo
threetwoone
#96'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 3/9/11 at 12:53pm

In Seattle anyways, there was some action that takes place in the front orchestra at the beginning of the show and again at the end, so that should be cool from the front row. I'd avoid the rear balcony for this reason (where I saw the show once). Not that you miss much; you understand what's going on, but it would be cool to see.

kyl3fong2 Profile Photo
kyl3fong2
#97'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 3/10/11 at 7:16pm

I am seeing this May 12 and I absolutely CANNOT wait! But I have a question, does anybody know if Aaron Tveit is in ALL the show, or will he only be in the nighttime performances and not the matinees etc.? I bought the tickets hugely because I want to see him perform. He is so talented and I loved him in Next to Normal

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#98'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 3/10/11 at 7:25pm

Unless he's sick or injured he'll be doing all of the shows. Can't wait to see it tomorrow!

kyl3fong2 Profile Photo
kyl3fong2
#99'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 3/10/11 at 7:28pm

Oh okay perfect. Well then I am crossing my fingers that he WILL be at the May 12 performance then (even though it is still quite a bit away)!!

And let me know how the show is tomorrow night! I am so excited to see this! I've been listening to all the songs non-stop!

Videos