pixeltracker

What's Next for the Imperial?- Page 4

What's Next for the Imperial?

poebias
#75What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/18/23 at 7:01pm

a friend of mine with some connections had suggested Phantom was looking to make a return (a duplicate of the current stripped down London production) soon, and that the Imperial was gonna house it. totally unsure how legit, so clock it as a silly rumor - but my pal's source would *definitely* know what the status of Phantom is... so i'm stumped. 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#76What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/18/23 at 7:51pm

BroadwaysBroad said: "Someone in another thread confirmed Tommy, but if that happens, will The Outsiders go to another theater? Or maybe one after another?

have two musicals ever run in the same theater at the same time?
"

Only if the two musicals were playing in repertory, capitalized jointly, under a VERY unique set of circumstances. That won't happen for any of these rumored or announced shows.

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#77What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/18/23 at 9:11pm

Coming next at the Imperial: everything

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#78What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/19/23 at 12:15am

“so clock it as a silly rumor”

oh it is more than a silly rumor. It just simply ain’t happening. 

poto19882023 Profile Photo
poto19882023
#79What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/19/23 at 6:32am

poebias said: "a friend of mine with some connections had suggested Phantom was looking to make a return (a duplicate of the current stripped down London production) soon, and that the Imperial was gonna house it. totally unsure how legit, so clock it as a silly rumor - but my pal's source would *definitely* know what the status of Phantom is... so i'm stumped."

Heard the same thing announced very loudly and confidently by security personnel working the final private performance on April 16th…interesting to now hear it from a second person

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#80What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/19/23 at 6:57am

That rumor had been floating around since the closure was announced. Could it be true? Sure. Is it? Dunno, but I highly doubt it will be in the next year. 

But I know nothing.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Videos