pixeltracker

Everyone Loves It But You...Why?- Page 4

Everyone Loves It But You...Why?

TEACHEROFTHEATER Profile Photo
TEACHEROFTHEATER
#75re: re: Anything Goes
Posted: 11/23/03 at 12:49pm

Txtwostep,

wow, that sounds soooo very kewl, I would love to see and Oz on stage some time...........

thanks for the info:)

"MAY YOUR LIFE BE AS BRIGHT AS BROADWAY AT NIGHT"

MillietheModern Profile Photo
MillietheModern
#76re: re: re: re: Everyone Loves It But You...Why?
Posted: 11/23/03 at 3:16pm

Mamma Mia. My mom made me go and she loved and I just think there are so many better shows than it.

Oh... look at the precious... Its Orlando Bloom, my delicious little crumpet!

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#77re: Anything Goes
Posted: 11/23/03 at 9:06pm

Here are a few of my least favourites...

Les Miz, Rent and Miss Saigon (why bother?).

minettamandy Profile Photo
minettamandy
#78re: Everyone Loves It But You...Why?
Posted: 11/24/03 at 12:46am

Bernadette Peters in Gypsy- she had absolutely no voice when i saw it. and i loved her in AGYG. Disappointed. Updated On: 11/24/03 at 12:46 AM

StageDoor Profile Photo
StageDoor
#79re: Everyone Loves It But You...Why?
Posted: 11/24/03 at 8:56am

RENT! I didn't feel that the characters were sufficiently introduced before their stories began expanding with complications.

"Heaven doth with us as we with torches do not light them for themselves." - William Shakespeare

PB ENT. Profile Photo
PB ENT.
#80re: re: Everyone Loves It But You...Why?
Posted: 11/24/03 at 9:38am

"... A CHORUS LINE, a collection of songs I'd never consider a score, let alone even being a quality collection of songs, two and a half hours of whiny dancers and singers whining endlessly about their crappy little whiny lives. I've rarely had as unenjoyable an experience at the theater as I did seeing A CHORUS LINE. But lots of people sure do love it...." ~ John the Poppa.

I am relieved to see at least one person share my feelings about this "depressing" show. The stories are as common as un fortunately, too many young peoples' real life. The only truly touching drama is Paul's story. Cassie's brief acting, singing & dancing are the only glimpse of something worth remembering. The score is forgetable. For the most part the only song the general public seems to recall or the producers choose to use for marketing is "One", which is held out for the "grand finale" which is anything but grand. Practically anyone with a hint of talent could do this show which I consider very pedestrian. It does nothing for me at any level. So that's my little "what show and why"....with a close runner-up "Contact" or what could have been reduced to a one act show "The Girl in the Yellow Dress".

www.pbentertainmentinc.com BWW regional writer "Philadelphia/South Jersey"

BroadwayBaby3 Profile Photo
BroadwayBaby3
#81re: re: re: Everyone Loves It But You...Why?
Posted: 11/24/03 at 1:45pm

Hairspray- How on earth did MJW win the Tony over Bernadette? I was absolutely furious. But, the way I see it, Bernadette will be around for a while yet, and I can't exactly see MJW doing much on Broadway in the future.

Rent- HATE IT! I never understood the huge teenage hype (and I'm a teenager)

Cats- Boring as hell. Basically no plot and the only memorable song is "Memory" which has been so overdone that I can't stand to hear it anymore.

Oliver!- I was in a production of it and I think the whole cast hated it. Our performance was amazing. The girl playing Nancy had a voice to rival Linda Eder, but we all hated the script and the score.

A_Boy_From_Oz Profile Photo
A_Boy_From_Oz
#82re: re: re: re: Everyone Loves It But You...Why?
Posted: 11/24/03 at 2:47pm

Oh yes, I did forget to add Oliver to my list. When I was ten my aunt forced my watch the film and I felt it was one of the most boring, uninspired musicals I had ever seen. I've seen a couple stage versions and I still feel the same way.

Seany Profile Photo
Seany
#83re: re: re: re: re: Everyone Loves It But You...Why?
Posted: 11/24/03 at 2:58pm

I don't really like The Producers very much.

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.

TxTwoStep Profile Photo
TxTwoStep
#84re: re: re: re: re: re: Everyone Loves It But You...Why?
Posted: 11/24/03 at 3:40pm

as i've stated elsewhere, that's why Baskin Robbins has 31 flavors. i'm just glad there are so many great shows that each can have its glorifiers and detractors!

Will: They don't give out awards for helping people be gay... unless you count the Tonys. "I guarantee that we'll have tough times. I guarantee that at some point one or both of us will want to get out. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life..."

Belter
#85Coming late to the party ...
Posted: 11/29/03 at 8:14pm

... but this topic's been on my mind and here it is, already being discussed!!

My list (From seeing Bdwy productions) includes:

RENT
CATS
MOVIN'ON
AIDA
JEKYLL & HYDE
GUYS & DOLLS
KISS ME, KATE!
FALSETTOS
JANE EYRE
BELLS ARE RINGING

If I add in shows I've seen elsewhere:

MAME
GYPSY (WAY over-written, IMO)
INTO THE WOODS
PETER PAN
BRIGADOON
DAMN YANKEES!
BYE, BYE BIRDIE
FINIAN'S RAINBOW
HOW 2 SUCCEED...
CAMELOT
THE WIZ
ON THE 20TH CENTURY
RIVERDANCE

And recently, on TV

OKLAHOMA ( the Brit. prod. with Hugh Jackman. That SUCKED!!!)

Hmmmmm, you'd think I was picky, or somethin' ....

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#86re: Coming late to the party ...
Posted: 11/30/03 at 8:43am

Rent
Copenhagen

Yes Belter Babe you are picky. I disagree with you on most of them but you pays your money so you got the right to turn thumbs up or thumbs down.

Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 11/30/03 at 08:43 AM

MyNameInLights Profile Photo
MyNameInLights
#87re: re: Coming late to the party ...
Posted: 11/30/03 at 5:54pm

Mamma Mia... Ohhhhh the horror!
Cats: I completely agree with you on this one King Stevos
La Mancha: See Mamma Mia

"The stage is where I live and come alive and act out all the things that go on in my life. It's not just what I do for a living, it's my shrink and my love affair. No one in my life has ever or ever will kiss me on the mouth like this lover called my relationship with my performance."

Videos