pixeltracker

We all speculated...THE BOY FROM OZ ARENA PRODUCTION 2006 WITH Hugh Jackman- Page 4

We all speculated...THE BOY FROM OZ ARENA PRODUCTION 2006 WITH Hugh Jackman

lfae Profile Photo
lfae
rockfenris2005
#76re: We all speculated...THE BOY FROM OZ ARENA PRODUCTION 2006 WITH Hugh Jac
Posted: 10/31/05 at 11:43pm

Ooooh Paradox, welcome back to the board. Haven't seen you posting in ages. I always speak to Para on MSN, and he's great.

In reply to Rosscoe: I love a bad musical. I wish I could get a hold of that video. I just love sitting there and seeing how bad it actually was

Who can explain it, who can tell you why? Fools give you reasons, wise men never try -South Pacific

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#77re: We all speculated...THE BOY FROM OZ ARENA PRODUCTION 2006 WITH Hugh Jac
Posted: 11/1/05 at 8:37pm

I too love a good trainwreck of a musical! Though in recent years we have had more than out fair share. I'm still trying to get over EUREKA! and have avoided anything that The Production Company attempts for the last few years. Who chooses their shows!?

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#78re: We all speculated...THE BOY FROM OZ ARENA PRODUCTION 2006 WITH Hugh Jac
Posted: 11/1/05 at 9:12pm

Don't get me started on the people behind the "Production company", if it was not for those money grabbing it's all about me" I Will Be Famous".

We would still have the "Victoria State Opera"

Goes outside to sing "Sweeny" not the Patti Version.!

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

jollipops Profile Photo
jollipops
#80re: We all speculated...THE BOY FROM OZ ARENA PRODUCTION 2006 WITH Hugh Jac
Posted: 11/1/05 at 10:51pm

Add me to the list, pretty pretty please. Desperate for an australian thread.

rockfenris2005
#81re: We all speculated...THE BOY FROM OZ ARENA PRODUCTION 2006 WITH Hugh Jac
Posted: 11/1/05 at 11:14pm

Done re: We all speculated...THE BOY FROM OZ ARENA PRODUCTION 2006 WITH Hugh Jac

I still have the poster for the Victorian State Opera's My Fair Lady (1993). Anthony Warlow was Professor Higgins

Who can explain it, who can tell you why? Fools give you reasons, wise men never try -South Pacific
Updated On: 11/1/05 at 11:14 PM

stage_door76 Profile Photo
stage_door76
#82re: We all speculated...THE BOY FROM OZ ARENA PRODUCTION 2006 WITH Hugh Jac
Posted: 11/1/05 at 11:54pm

can you add me too please, please?? i'm always looking to keep in touch with what goes on back at home.

oh - how i love anthony. what a voice! in fact, i'm going to put on the secret garden. lily's eyes, here i come

"...But Kungurtseva reels off multiple fouettes and the tape is stopped so she can take a bow. The Jester, an abomination introduced to Swan Lake in Soviet times, extorts applause from the audience. The cuts don't help the storytelling, the production is bare bones and they go for the '50s-style happy ending. The audience cheers like mad at the end. It's the Russian ballet, after all..."

rockfenris2005
#83re: We all speculated...THE BOY FROM OZ ARENA PRODUCTION 2006 WITH Hugh Jac
Posted: 11/2/05 at 1:17am

Done

I wish they had of released a full cast album of The Secret Garden. And I don't get why there was an Australian CATS cd but not a Phantom

rockfenris2005
#84re: We all speculated...THE BOY FROM OZ ARENA PRODUCTION 2006 WITH Hugh Jac
Posted: 11/4/05 at 6:56am

Nup. Not letting this one get lost. Sorry!!!

Urban
#85re: We all speculated...THE BOY FROM OZ ARENA PRODUCTION 2006 WITH Hugh Jac
Posted: 11/4/05 at 7:39am

I think we should ask if we can retitle the original name of the thread to make it more general Australian Theatre.

rockfenris2005
#86re: We all speculated...THE BOY FROM OZ ARENA PRODUCTION 2006 WITH Hugh Jac
Posted: 11/4/05 at 8:10am

I see your point. Definitely

And I'm going to do something about it pronto

lfae Profile Photo
lfae
#87re: We all speculated...THE BOY FROM OZ ARENA PRODUCTION 2006 WITH Hugh Jac
Posted: 11/7/05 at 7:05pm

So...was anyone else at Hats Off on Sunday? re: We all speculated...THE BOY FROM OZ ARENA PRODUCTION 2006 WITH Hugh Jac

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#88re: We all speculated...THE BOY FROM OZ ARENA PRODUCTION 2006 WITH Hugh Jac
Posted: 11/7/05 at 7:34pm

A few months ago on the Off Topic Board I asked who was Australian here and I think we came up with 7 people. Where have you people been?

Melbourne here. Where are the other Aussies?

rosscoe(au)
#89re: We all speculated...THE BOY FROM OZ ARENA PRODUCTION 2006 WITH Hugh Jac
Posted: 11/7/05 at 8:26pm

Melbourne here as well.

Alter did you see the "Witches of eastwick" when it was done here?
I missed it and still kick myself everytime i listen to it.

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

lfae Profile Photo
lfae
#90re: We all speculated...THE BOY FROM OZ ARENA PRODUCTION 2006 WITH Hugh Jac
Posted: 11/7/05 at 8:38pm

Melbourne here as well, and I don't venture onto the OT board re: We all speculated...THE BOY FROM OZ ARENA PRODUCTION 2006 WITH Hugh Jac

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#91re: We all speculated...THE BOY FROM OZ ARENA PRODUCTION 2006 WITH Hugh Jac
Posted: 11/8/05 at 1:50am

Yes rosscoe I saw Eastwick. First in previews when Turner was ill and her underehearsed though valiant understudy was on and again when Rosemary Ashe was brought over from London to fill in for her (Turner).
The show is problematic, the female roles aren't well enough written to make you care much for them. The local male lead was devoid of any real stage presence* (why didn't they seek someone like Marcus Graham for that role?). The only decent principal performance came from Tony Sheldon.

* a younger friend of mine told me it was hard to get enthused about seeing this show after he had witnessed the "star" sitting outside the Princess theatre on a bench eating a meat pie. So much for 'star quality'!

Urban
#92re: We all speculated...THE BOY FROM OZ ARENA PRODUCTION 2006 WITH Hugh Jac
Posted: 11/8/05 at 3:07am

Add another Melbournian to the list.

rosscoe(au)
#93re: We all speculated...THE BOY FROM OZ ARENA PRODUCTION 2006 WITH Hugh Jac
Posted: 11/8/05 at 4:00am

Alter,
I so much wanted to see but was in cairns at the time, don't know if the cast they picked was the right one..

But looking forward to "Spelling Bee" and "Doubt" from MTC next year, was hoping they would do "The Pillowman" as well..

Urban
#94re: We all speculated...THE BOY FROM OZ ARENA PRODUCTION 2006 WITH Hugh Jac
Posted: 11/8/05 at 6:48am

I know it was talked about, but we should organise some type of BWW meet up and see Spelling Bee together or something.

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#95re: We all speculated...THE BOY FROM OZ ARENA PRODUCTION 2006 WITH Hugh Jac
Posted: 11/8/05 at 7:10am

Rosscoe don't forget I Am My Own Wife with the "full" original Tony winning Broadway cast! I have some concerns about Magda playing a male role in Spelling Bee.

rosscoe(au)
#96re: We all speculated...THE BOY FROM OZ ARENA PRODUCTION 2006 WITH Hugh Jac
Posted: 11/8/05 at 6:34pm

Not sure about Magda playing the male role in "Spelling Bee" if any one can pull it off it will be her.
Looking forward to "I Am My Own Wife " also heading off to Sydney to see "Urnietown" missed it last year with MTC.

Misty
#97re: We all speculated...THE BOY FROM OZ ARENA PRODUCTION 2006 WITH Hugh Jac
Posted: 11/8/05 at 6:56pm

Put me on the Aussie list too.
Not in Melbourne - Bris-Vegas me.
Very much looking forward to seeing Mr Jackman strut his stuff next year - what a treat.

rosscoe(au)
#98re: We all speculated...THE BOY FROM OZ ARENA PRODUCTION 2006 WITH Hugh Jac
Posted: 11/10/05 at 10:50pm

Mtc have a interesting season next year:

Tomfoolery, god forgot all about this, was this not one of the first shows Cam Mac did?

Plus Rachel Griffiths coming back to do the world prem of Joanna Murry-Smith's Ninety..

Should be a interesting year..

gettinhep Profile Photo
gettinhep
#99re: We all speculated...THE BOY FROM OZ ARENA PRODUCTION 2006 WITH Hugh Jac
Posted: 11/10/05 at 10:54pm

The MTC Urinetown was very good.

It will be intersting to see what they do with Spelling Bee.

'Try not to have a good time...this is supposed to be educational.' - Lucy Van Pelt

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#100re: We all speculated...THE BOY FROM OZ ARENA PRODUCTION 2006 WITH Hugh Jac
Posted: 11/11/05 at 7:17am

Sad that they have put Ms Burchmore into Tomfoolery (yes it was a Cam Mac show back in the late 80's?). I think giving that role to Magda in Spelling Bee is a serious mistake. It's like saying we can't sell a ticket for this show without a name, any name. Don't forget she really isn't a singer, she can carry a tune, but a singer no.

Videos