News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jollipops

jollipops Profile Photo
Member Name: jollipops
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Wicked: Movie Musical?
 Feb 20 2006, 08:05:48 PM
Every chance in the world I may be crucified for this...

But does anyone else think 'Wicked' would work well as a Disney-esque animated feature?

Just a thought.

re: What Crack Was Webber Smoking?
 Jan 8 2006, 12:13:30 AM
I think that we may be forgetting that this is a movie? Film producers want to rake in the most returns possible and that's all. They aren't there to please the Broadway theatre fans, they want to attract as wide an audience as possible.

Think about it: if you didn't know anything about Broadway and went to the movies and looked at the poster of Sunset Boulevard, what would be more attractive? Glenn Close, a seasoned and known actress in movies, or Patti LuWHO???

re: Tim Burton & Johnny Depp Team For 'SWEENEY TODD' Movie Musical Adaptati
 Jan 8 2006, 12:04:36 AM
I'm a bit biased because I love Tim Burton's work, but I think this is great, he and Depp always work well together, and as long as Johnny can sing, I say he should go for it.
re: Baritone/Tenor or Tenor's duets!
 Dec 12 2005, 10:48:29 PM
How about 'Live With Somebody You Love' from Martin Guerre. That has to be one of my all time favourite male duets.
re: Praire Oysters in Cabaret?
 Dec 6 2005, 05:43:37 PM
Our Sally Bowles actually drank the raw eggs. Meh, she said she got used to it after a while.
re: songs for a new world question
 Dec 6 2005, 05:40:08 PM
I have played Man 2 in SFANW so can't really help with that, but I can offer advice that I noticed the guy playing Man 1 following.

Basically, SFANW really requires you to feel the songs, that is not to say you don't need the technique to back it up, but the beauty of it is that you can play around with it. MAKE THE MD YOUR BEST FRIEND! Play around with what works and what doesn't. For example, Flying Home is a high pitched but beautiful song, it can be song in falsetto for the main pa

re: Michael Crawford
 Nov 29 2005, 09:41:46 PM
I'm going to see him live in February, looking forward to it...
re: LORD OF THE RINGS Television Commercial Online
 Nov 21 2005, 08:53:45 PM
yawn...that was lame
re: We all speculated...THE BOY FROM OZ ARENA PRODUCTION 2006 WITH Hugh Jac
 Nov 1 2005, 10:51:29 PM
Add me to the list, pretty pretty please. Desperate for an australian thread.
re: Bad Audience Behavior
 Oct 27 2005, 01:27:48 AM
I recently went to a performance of 'Fiddler on the Roof' starring Topol in Sydney.

Woman next to me sang the WHOLE of 'If I Were A Rich Man' REALLY LOUDLY.

Um...excuse me, I didn't pay $100 to hear you sing it, i paid to hear TOPOL sing it! Ugh!

re: Song suggestions
 Oct 27 2005, 01:22:21 AM
I would imagine practically any of Christine's stuff in PHANTOM would be good for you.

In My Life from LES MIS?

THE WOMAN IN WHITE may also be a good one to look at.

Oct 27 2005, 01:14:14 AM
Ok, am really jealous now... I wish i could have seen a run through...

I guess if you were involved with it you would know best, but I am glad it was brought up because I always thought that the producers closed it because they were waiting on more funding (from sponsorship AND ticket sales). I always thought it was a group of producers that wanted to mount a big production but were relying on advance sales to fund it. Of course, sponsorship is ano

Oct 27 2005, 12:50:55 AM
Agreed.

But I can't help thinking that the reason why producers can't find the money is because there isn't enough money in the industry...

Who's fault is that? We know the quality of the shows are great. The advertising is fantastic. Who else is there to blame but the audience? Also, if the producers had the sets, crew and cast, doesn't that suggest that they DID have the money? And they didn't go ahead due to poor sales? I was personally devastated, i had my tickets for the f

re: Zombie Prom - The Movie
 Oct 26 2005, 09:32:11 PM
It would be good, it has the feel of a very 'arthouse' sort of genre. Something low budget would work very well.
re: Any interesting cast recording quirks?
 Oct 26 2005, 09:31:05 PM
On the 'Into the Woods' London Cast recording, one of the actors, I don't know who, sings the wrong lyric near the end of the Opening Number, it sticks out like you wouldn't believe...everyone sings 'Into the woods to get THE THING..', and one person sings 'Into the Woods to get MY WISH...'...terrible.
re: Zombie Prom - The Movie
 Oct 26 2005, 09:23:19 PM
Awesome! excellent idea! I wonder if 'The Fix' would work too?
 Oct 26 2005, 09:13:30 PM
Rockfenris, I would just like to say, I completely appreciate what you are saying re: younginsl, I know how you feel. As an aussie myself I would just like to contribute a couple of things.

My concern is that it seems that the climate here in Australia is completely unable to support new productions. I mean, how many shows have closed here before they opened? Jekyll and Hyde, Hair, Godspell all come to mind. These all never happened due to a lack of interest.

Now, Australia sho

re: Funny M-F Duets
 Oct 5 2005, 02:03:09 AM
It may be a bit late but 'The First Time' from Beautiful Game is fairly funny...
re: Male Duets
 Sep 15 2005, 11:18:43 AM
'Live with Somebody You Love' from Martin Guerre...*sigh*
re: Best Broadway Quote
 Aug 19 2005, 07:06:21 AM
hee hee... 'bright??? she's phosphorescant!' - WICKED...classic
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You