pixeltracker

Miss Siagon Logo - JUST FIGURED IT OUT!!!- Page 4

Miss Siagon Logo - JUST FIGURED IT OUT!!!

broadway_show_fan Profile Photo
broadway_show_fan
#75re: Miss Saigon Logo - JUST FIGURED IT OUT!!!
Posted: 6/20/06 at 6:16pm

Lizzie - the next mounting needs your head outline on the logo as well to add character.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#76re: Miss Saigon Logo - JUST FIGURED IT OUT!!!
Posted: 6/20/06 at 6:17pm

Damn, Lizzie - you're quick! I can't even get my applications to load that fast.

(Or is this something you just happened to have already?)

No, I have one of these. re: Miss Saigon Logo - JUST FIGURED IT OUT!!!
http://www.apple.com/imac/intelcoreduo.html

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Incognito
#77re: Miss Saigon Logo - JUST FIGURED IT OUT!!!
Posted: 6/20/06 at 6:20pm

Very nice avatar, Lizzie. Thumbs up here: - )
BWF...

Life is...just a bowl of cherries...
Updated On: 6/20/06 at 06:20 PM

neddyfrank2
#78Les Miz Logo
Posted: 6/20/06 at 6:31pm

Lizzie what is your Avatar?

Also, is that Cosette in the Les Miz logo?

LizzieCurry
#79Les Miz Logo
Posted: 6/20/06 at 6:32pm

It's me, sort of.

I made it here: http://illustmaker.abi-station.com/index_en.shtml

Also, is that Cosette in the Les Miz logo?

Are you serious?

Updated On: 6/20/06 at 06:32 PM

neddyfrank2
#80Les Miz Logo
Posted: 6/20/06 at 6:52pm

Kind of. I was always positive it was her, and in fact on the bottom of the Les Miz website it said it was her. But then a friend pointed out to me that it looked more like Eponine and it made me question what I thought.

Fiction Writer Profile Photo
Fiction Writer
#81Les Miz Logo
Posted: 6/20/06 at 6:52pm

I'm sure he is, since he asked. I've never known, either. I know it's a girl... but how many girls are there in the show? I've always assume it's Eponine.

neddyfrank2
#82Les Miz Logo
Posted: 6/20/06 at 7:02pm

It says this at the bottom of the website

©2005 Cameron Mackintosh Overseas Limited. Cosette logo and the words Les Misérables are the registered trademarks of Cameron Mackintosh Overseas Limited. No portion of this website may be reproduced, distributed, or posted. All Rights Reserved.

SporkGoddess
#83Les Miz Logo
Posted: 6/20/06 at 7:15pm

The girl in the Les Mis logo is Cosette. Eponine is a ratheri insignicant character...

And, yeah, I knew about the logo because I've seen The Making of MS ten thousand times. Les Miz Logo

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

neddyfrank2
#84Les Miz Logo
Posted: 6/20/06 at 7:24pm

It looks more like Eponine then Cosette IMO

Kitzarina Profile Photo
Kitzarina
#85Les Miz Logo
Posted: 6/20/06 at 7:29pm

It is taken from a famous drawing by Emile Bayard that was made to go along with the original edition of the novel, as seen here:

Les Miz Logo

It was NOT made specifically for the show! If you are truly interested, do a Google Image Search to see other illustrations made by Monsieur Bayard to coincide with Les Miserables.

Look at the bottom of the page for more Les Miz illustrations

"You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" --Family Guy

"Shut up! It's been 29 years!!!" --the incomparable Patti LuPone in her MUCH DESERVED Tony acceptance speech for Gypsy.

Kitzy's Avatar du Jour: Kitzy as Little Red Ridinghood in her college's production of "Into the Woods"
Updated On: 6/20/06 at 07:29 PM

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#86Les Miz Logo
Posted: 6/20/06 at 7:42pm

SporkGoddess- Eponine most certainly is not an insignificant character. Have you even read the book/seen the show? How can you say that if you have?

Anyway- I always saw the face and helicopter in the MISS SAIGON logo. Brilliant Les Miz Logo I always LOVED the LES MIZ and ASPECTS OF LOVE logo, too.

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS
Updated On: 6/20/06 at 07:42 PM

LizzieCurry
#87Les Miz Logo
Posted: 6/20/06 at 7:43pm

Eponine is far more insignificant in the book than she is in the musical.

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#88Les Miz Logo
Posted: 6/20/06 at 7:46pm

I always saw both

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#89Les Miz Logo

Very true, if you want to look at Eponine that way, Lizzie.

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

Kitzarina Profile Photo
Kitzarina
#90Les Miz Logo

As much as I love Eponine in both the novel and the show, I agree with Lizzie. She is a tertiary character at best.

However, Les Amis de l'ABC are far more fleshed out in the novel. Probably why I love them so!

"You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" --Family Guy

"Shut up! It's been 29 years!!!" --the incomparable Patti LuPone in her MUCH DESERVED Tony acceptance speech for Gypsy.

Kitzy's Avatar du Jour: Kitzy as Little Red Ridinghood in her college's production of "Into the Woods"

StageManager2 Profile Photo
StageManager2
#91Les Miz Logo
Posted: 6/20/06 at 11:48pm

I've always assumed they used Cosette for the logo because she connects someone to someone in the story, sort of a "six degress of Cosette" type of thing.

Salve, Regina, Mater misericordiae
Vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra
Salve, Salve Regina
Ad te clamamus exsules filii Eva
Ad te suspiramus, gementes et flentes
O clemens O pia

SporkGoddess
#92Les Miz Logo
Posted: 6/21/06 at 12:02am

Eponine IS insignificant: it's why the movie adaptations always cut her out. You can always have Gavroche or someone find where Cosette lives. In the book she doesn't even deliver that letter.

And yes, my Les Mis novel has that picture on the cover. Les Miz Logo

StageManager2
#93Les Miz Logo
Posted: 6/21/06 at 12:16am

SporkGoddess, in the book Eponine does lead Marius to Cosette's house, but she doesn't deliver the letter that Marius sends to Cosette from the barricades. I believe Gavroche actually does that. I'm pretty bummed that Cosette's character (in the show) wasn't fleshed out more (unlike Eponine) and she's an even more important character.

Salve, Salve Regina
O clemens O pia

SporkGoddess
#94Les Miz Logo
Posted: 6/21/06 at 12:20am

Er... uh...that's what I said. She doesn't deliver the letter in the book.

And, yeah, it's sad how Cosette gets treated in the musical. She needs some big show-stopper like "On My Own" and then random fangirls would love her, too!

Kitzarina Profile Photo
Kitzarina
#95Les Miz Logo
Posted: 6/21/06 at 12:20am

Gavroche delivers Marius's letter to Cosette, but is intercepted by Valjean. However, Cosette write a letter of her own that she gives to Eponine to deliver. Eponine decides not do, but tells Marius that the letter is in her pocket when she is dying. She asks him to wait until she is dead to read it, which he does.

Eponine is certainly a striking figure in the novel, but she acts more as the feminine impact of poverty than anything else. She is a girl who should've been more but was reduced to the dregs of society as a result of circumstance. She may not be an essential part of the plot, but she is an essential character study in Hugo's view of humanity.

freeadmission Profile Photo
freeadmission
#96Les Miz Logo
Posted: 6/21/06 at 12:29am

Yeah, um, I always saw a sailboat . . . must be the New England in me.

*hides*

wicked4life51 Profile Photo
wicked4life51
#97Les Miz Logo
Posted: 6/21/06 at 12:30am

never saw either of them

"what? what is it? do i have something in my teeth? ok lets get this over with : no im not seasick,yes ive always been green, and no i didnt chew grass as a child "

StageManager2
#98Les Miz Logo
Posted: 6/21/06 at 12:40am

I've always thought that the little portion of "In My Life" that Cosette sings before Valjean interrupts her, should have been her big song. This could have been the opportunity for the audience to get to know Cosette and her demons. After all, she knows nothing of her past, has lost her mother, and was abused by the Thenardiers. I'm just saying that Cosette's character could have been more interesting and should not be villified because she (and not Eponine) ends up with Marius. I understand that in the original London production there was "I Saw Him Once" but that was just a snippet and it was also about Marius. It's almost as if Cosette merely exists (in the show) for the sake of Marius.

Salve, Salve Regina
O clemens O pia
Updated On: 6/21/06 at 12:40 AM

Kitzarina Profile Photo
Kitzarina
#99Les Miz Logo
Posted: 6/21/06 at 12:42am

Cosette in the show has always bothered me. She is such a wonderfully realized and charming character in the novel. In the stage show, she does nothing but annoy the hell out of me.

Although I deeply love "I Saw Him Once."

Videos