pixeltracker

THE SHIP OF STOLEN DREAMS - A NEW MUSICAL- Page 4

THE SHIP OF STOLEN DREAMS - A NEW MUSICAL

Walcer Profile Photo
Walcer
#75re: THE SHIP OF STOLEN DREAMS - A NEW MUSICAL
Posted: 7/24/07 at 4:32am

If anyone's still interested out there I've replaced one of the song tracks on the website with a recording a very nice fellow in LA did for me of the song "Lost, Alone." Check it out if you get a chance... The voice quality is 110% better in my opinion. I'd love to hear from you, and I'm sure he would too!

All the best. DW

NDR
#76re: THE SHIP OF STOLEN DREAMS - A NEW MUSICAL
Posted: 7/24/07 at 11:42am

Just wanted to say, I have enjoyed listening to your demos and getting a sense of what seems like a great show.
I hope you find a venue and can bring it to life!
All the best to you as you continue this artistic journey.

ragtimefan Profile Photo
ragtimefan
#77re: THE SHIP OF STOLEN DREAMS - A NEW MUSICAL
Posted: 10/21/07 at 12:02am

bump

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#78re: THE SHIP OF STOLEN DREAMS - A NEW MUSICAL
Posted: 1/17/08 at 6:41pm

Has anything new happened?

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical

Walcer Profile Photo
Walcer
#79re: THE SHIP OF STOLEN DREAMS - A NEW MUSICAL
Posted: 1/17/08 at 9:20pm

Unfortunatly nothing spectacular. I'm still shopping it around from company to company. I've entered alot of emerging artist programs but I'm competing with hundreds of other writers. I'm working at getting a company named "scriptlab" here in Toronto to do a workshop of it, but it's a slow process.

The last interesting thing that happened was a long talk I had with Scott Ellis (the director) who gave me alot of ideas of companys to contact. He suggested the Goodspeed Theatre in Conn. but they said they'd only be interested if I had a reading set up, which I don't have the money to do. I'm currently waiting on a response from the Jewish theatre of New York.

I'm going to start focusing on companies in and around London for the next couple of months. I'm also working on the underscore for the show and trying to get new demos recorded, but that will be several months away I think.

Anyway... a special thanks to you for your continued support. It's a long road to get a musical into production and it's great to know that people are still interested in this project.

I love to get continued feedback... please keep 'em coming!

DW

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#80re: THE SHIP OF STOLEN DREAMS - A NEW MUSICAL
Posted: 1/17/08 at 10:10pm

No problem. I check in on the website usually every other week to see if anything has happened. I think your show has great potential, and I can't wait 'till the day it opens on broadway.

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

Lance2 Profile Photo
Lance2
#81re: THE SHIP OF STOLEN DREAMS - A NEW MUSICAL
Posted: 1/17/08 at 10:34pm

Hi...

I came acros the show's website quite recently and I have to say that I especially fell in love with the melody of Waiting. Perhaps not the most obvious choice, but its so beautifull...

I've actually sat behind the piano trying to ping along and sing it... re: THE SHIP OF STOLEN DREAMS - A NEW MUSICAL

Yeti
#82re: THE SHIP OF STOLEN DREAMS - A NEW MUSICAL
Posted: 3/10/08 at 6:59pm

This is incredible!! I'm a Musical Thatre student and loving this? any chance of a CD soon? xx

Walcer Profile Photo
Walcer
#83re: THE SHIP OF STOLEN DREAMS - A NEW MUSICAL
Posted: 3/10/08 at 9:35pm

Thanks so much! It's great to hear from people about the show, especially with their support. I was actually considering working for the next few months on the orchestrations and attempt to produce an "audio book" of the entire show with dialogue, sfx, etc. and retool the audio section of the website. Hopefully it all pans out :S

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#84re: THE SHIP OF STOLEN DREAMS - A NEW MUSICAL
Posted: 3/10/08 at 9:38pm

I hope so too. I cannot wait until the day an Original Broadway Cast Recording is available.

acrocksyo Profile Photo
acrocksyo
#85re: THE SHIP OF STOLEN DREAMS - A NEW MUSICAL
Posted: 3/11/08 at 12:44pm

The website looks great! And the concept is inspired. Here's hoping some great things come your way!

http://theaterfag.blogspot.com/ Reviews and the like

phantomo88 Profile Photo
phantomo88
#86re: THE SHIP OF STOLEN DREAMS - A NEW MUSICAL
Posted: 3/12/08 at 1:06pm

I just finnished reading the libretto, and I love it! I can't wait to see it on Broadway soon!

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#87re: THE SHIP OF STOLEN DREAMS - A NEW MUSICAL
Posted: 3/12/08 at 1:12pm

All the best to you Walcer!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

Walcer Profile Photo
Walcer
#88re: THE SHIP OF STOLEN DREAMS - A NEW MUSICAL
Posted: 3/12/08 at 10:58pm

I really appreciate the kind words folks!... It's very uplifting to hear it especially as I continue the battle to get producers to even look at the material. I'm going to keep plugging away and hopefully by mid-fall I can get a new recording with at least piano score of the entire show.

If anyone out there has suggestions of where I should pitch the project and how to go about it I would love to hear it. If anyone is connected to reputable schools who are looking for material to workshop let me know.

All the best!

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#89re: THE SHIP OF STOLEN DREAMS - A NEW MUSICAL
Posted: 6/7/08 at 2:16am

Anything new happening with the show, Walcer?

TooDarnHot Profile Photo
TooDarnHot
#90re: THE SHIP OF STOLEN DREAMS - A NEW MUSICAL
Posted: 6/7/08 at 2:31am

Lake. you seem totally obsessed with this!

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#91re: THE SHIP OF STOLEN DREAMS - A NEW MUSICAL
Posted: 6/7/08 at 2:33am

Sorry if I am obsessed, but I think it is a wonderful idea for a musical, and the score sounds great!

TooDarnHot Profile Photo
TooDarnHot
#92re: THE SHIP OF STOLEN DREAMS - A NEW MUSICAL
Posted: 6/7/08 at 2:34am

not a bad thing.

you know I love you Lake. re: THE SHIP OF STOLEN DREAMS - A NEW MUSICAL

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#93re: THE SHIP OF STOLEN DREAMS - A NEW MUSICAL
Posted: 6/7/08 at 2:38am

I know!

Walcer Profile Photo
Walcer
#94re: THE SHIP OF STOLEN DREAMS - A NEW MUSICAL
Posted: 6/7/08 at 3:59am

don't hold your breath for any major developments any time soon. I'm on a bit of a hiatus at the moment from pitching and focusing instead on a seperate directing project and doing the orchestrations for this show. (very slowly!) My goal is over the next year or so to produce a good "audio book" style complete recording of the show as if you were hearing everything in the live show.

Thanks for keeping interest in the project! Any help I can get in spreading the word is greatly appreciated.

DW

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#95re: THE SHIP OF STOLEN DREAMS - A NEW MUSICAL
Posted: 6/7/08 at 3:03pm

I have already told my friends about the project and they are all as interested as I am. If I knew someone in the business I would totally tell them. Although... now that I think about it one of my mom's friend's bosses is the president of the Chicago League of theatres, (or something along those lines) but I don't know what would/could be done if I told him about the show.

Walcer Profile Photo
Walcer
#96re: THE SHIP OF STOLEN DREAMS - A NEW MUSICAL
Posted: 12/2/08 at 4:40pm

This is a big shout out of thanks to everyone who took the time to visit the site and lend their support to the project! Unfortunately the website will be shutting down at the end of the month, due to a lack of resources and interest in the project from industry folks. I think it best at this time to shelve the project for a while and regroup with other projects. Hopefully in the near future I'll get around to finishing the third draft that I've been working on for a while which will provide significant changes to the show, eliminating some characters, highlighting others, adding and removing some songs and making the show friendlier to being performed in a smaller venue and smaller budget. Perhaps when that is done, we'll see a new website emerge and I'll take another stab at the pitch process...

Anyway a big thanks again to all, and all the best to you in your future endeavors!

If anyone is still interested in the project and would like updates, PM me or drop a line into this thread and I'll pick it up.

DW
Updated On: 12/2/08 at 04:40 PM

#97re: THE SHIP OF STOLEN DREAMS - A NEW MUSICAL
Posted: 12/2/08 at 5:25pm

Hey, sorry to hear this is on a temporary hiatus--although I guess havign some time away from a project usually can only help it.

Videos