TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!

commasplice
#75re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 12/4/08 at 8:21pm

Erm, did you miss the "This is an unauthorized parody of Twilight" disclaimer on the bottom?

"A Musical Adaptation of Stephenie Meyer's Masterpiece" - laughing. so. hard.

RoxieRose4 Profile Photo
RoxieRose4
#76re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 12/4/08 at 8:23pm

Can you not see that they are a shill?

Shows: Cats- ?/??/97 & 3/16/04, 42nd St.- 1/3/06, The Producers- 12/13/06, Hairspray- 3/6/07, Phantom- 4/18/07, Gypsy- 10/21/07, Annie- 11/28/07, Chicago- 1/6/08, Dirty Rotten ...- 2/24/08, Legally Blonde- 4/23/08, Wicked- 10/29/08, Mamma Mia!- 11/12/08

Future Shows
Hairspray- 1/22/09, Drowsy Chaperone- 2/15/09, Sweeney Todd- 4/19/09, Ain't Misbehavin'- 5/17/09

Jack King
#77re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 12/4/08 at 8:35pm

:) I made the comment a couple of times on the board that ANYTHING seems to be turned into a musical nowadays. :) I suggested "Global Warming, the Musical." It could star Al Gore in his new singing role. He has done lots of other things. Why not this?

Could get the performance rights to existing old standards, like *Baby It's Cold Outside. *It's Too Darn Hot. *Stormy Weather. And on and on it goes. I figure these songs might be picked up for not much $ and integrated into a plot.

Since it's a musical, the plot can be really anything. The songs will carry it. :)

Jack King
#78re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 12/4/08 at 8:38pm

Whoops. I did mean to stay on topic with a suggestion. So here goes. For the title song, get the performance rights to a version of "Twilight Time." I'd suggest The Platters because they have a nice fast version of it.

"Heavenly shades of night are falling.
It's Twilight Time.
Out of the mist your voice is calling.
It's Twilight Time."

:)

fizzthelibertine
#79re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 12/4/08 at 9:37pm

Jack King: They are turning An Inconvenient Truth into an Opera, so your idea isn't that far off..

Jack King
#80re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 12/4/08 at 11:19pm

fizz :) Maybe someone will pick up on this bit of tomfoolery. Heck. Just like the school chums who did "Night of the Living Dead" for fun. And wowser!

"That's interesting! It's possible to make money from a flop. It just takes some creative accounting." Paraphrased, but close to the lines from the movie version of "The Producers." :)

ebody14 Profile Photo
ebody14
#81re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 12/5/08 at 12:16am

Hey, you never know. I mean they are making a Spiderman the musical. So.... who knows someday there may be a twilight musical.

Jack King
#82re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 12/5/08 at 7:10am

Jah wohl! I made a suggestion elsewhere on the board for a new musical, "Six Degrees of Sanitation" about the garbage industry. The hero has six college degrees, including a doctorate in music, but can't get an office job. So he takes a job as a garbageman and sings as he unloads garbage from around the city. Thus he is a "Singing Garbageman." He is noticed by the manager of the Met Opera as he takes away garbage and is hired as an opera singer. :)

Sample Song--

"I'm a garbageman
and I'm stinky.
I just got stabbed
in the leg
by some Slinky."

and--

"Garbage e mobile!
I move it everyday."

TheHierarch
#83re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 12/6/08 at 1:26pm

Hey, well as far as that Twilight the Musical site goes, to be honest, it'll probably be a lot better as an unauthorized parody. Not being a fan of twilight I wasn't gonna watch it before, but...

And by "legit", I meant, "actually going to make what they say they're going to." Sorry for the mix up. Updated On: 12/6/08 at 01:26 PM

frankiesaysrelax
#84re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 12/7/08 at 6:57pm

Well I figured I would sort of answer your question cause I can only think of the perfect Bella...

Alexandra Socha, currently playing Wendla in Spring Awakening. She is PERFECT!

snl89
#85re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 12/7/08 at 7:16pm

Haha, ohhh man this musical would be... I don't even know.

However.. I AM finding the thought of Groff!Edward and Lauren Pritchard!Bella (suggested earlier) quite intriguing! In fact, I think I'd quite like that :)

Not saying I'd like the show in GENERAL- Twilight is so cheesy it's not even funny- but just, I like the idea of that casting haha. (Not necessarily sure if Lauren would be the best choice acting wise- she's def more a singer- but I mean come on, it's Twilight we're talking about. haha. The singing would *probably* be more important than the acting skills anyway)

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.
Updated On: 12/7/08 at 07:16 PM

Platypus
#86re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 12/7/08 at 7:40pm

":) I made the comment a couple of times on the board that ANYTHING seems to be turned into a musical nowadays. :) I suggested "Global Warming, the Musical." It could star Al Gore in his new singing role. He has done lots of other things. Why not this?

Could get the performance rights to existing old standards, like *Baby It's Cold Outside. *It's Too Darn Hot. *Stormy Weather. And on and on it goes. I figure these songs might be picked up for not much $ and integrated into a plot.

Since it's a musical, the plot can be really anything. The songs will carry it. :)"

It's been done. A spoof of An Inconvenient Truth called "An Inconvenient Musical" played in Toronto this summer and was supposed to go to NYMF, but I don't believe it did. Al Gore wasn't in it (obviously), but he was a character. It parodied several classic musicals and was absolutely hilarious. Just thought you'd like to know.

linklarkinlovesme
#87re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 1/12/09 at 12:34am

I think it would be terrible, but secretly I would LOVEEEE it.

My thoughts however:

Cheyenne Jackson as Carlisle.
Sutton Foster as Esme.
Lea Michele as Rosalie.
Gavin Creel as Jasper.
Kristen Chenoweth as Alice.

No clue about Emmet,Bella and Edward though.

Manny2
#88re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
Posted: 1/12/09 at 12:35am

Oh, this is a joke...thank God.

I saw this thread and suddenly got this odd tightening in my chest...

Videos