pixeltracker

Betty Buckley "DOLLY" opening in Cleveland/ Casting News ?- Page 5

Betty Buckley "DOLLY" opening in Cleveland/ Casting News ?

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#100Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 8/26/18 at 4:30pm

Deleted 

Updated On: 8/26/18 at 04:30 PM

WaffleOnWheels
#101Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 8/26/18 at 4:47pm

The tour is previewing in Utica, not Schenectady. 

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#102Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 8/26/18 at 5:07pm

WaffleOnWheels said: "The tour is previewing in Utica, not Schenectady."

Sorry! Correction noted and made. Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#103Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 8/26/18 at 5:10pm

Now that we know who the tour cast are...

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Lewis-J-Stadlen-Nic-Rouleau-Analisa-Leaming-and-More-to-Don-Their-Sunday-Clothes-in-HELLO-DOLLY-National-Tour-20180809

...they have less than a month to refine their performances and make this their own. Although it may not have the magic and chemistry of what we’ve seen on Broadway with Donna, Bette, and Bernadette, the tour, hopefully, will be amazing. I imagine expectations will be quite high, even for the Previews.

Anyone taking the drive up to Utica from NYC to see the show?

The National Tour Launch in Cleveland begins just five weeks from today. I look forward to getting my “Dolly fix” again shortly afterwards on Oct. 6th, and will be among those giving a rousing standing ovation at the end of the show in support of this new production.

jhs7521
#104Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 8/26/18 at 5:14pm

I live in upstate NY and will be attending the second preview in Utica. Will be happy to report on the performance - last time I saw Betty Buckley was in Cats! Looking forward to the performance and hope the production will compare to Midler's.

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#105Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 8/26/18 at 5:28pm

Looking forward to any and all reviews and perspectives on the preview performances! I think it was earlier in this thread that someone had mentioned that the Harmonia Gardens set was to be used in the National Tour, so will this be part of a Shubert Theater load-out that takes place? Hopefully that can reuse Vandergelder’s store, the train in “Sunday Clothes”, and all the original backdrops as well. Since we’re also a month away from the Utica Previews, will this all transit ASAP to that theater for final practices? It seems like a short timeframe and a long distance to transport and load-in the sets for Cleveland, which starts Sept. 30th.

Updated On: 8/26/18 at 05:28 PM

WaffleOnWheels
#106Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 8/26/18 at 5:31pm

I'm skeptical yet optimistic about Buckley's Dolly. It seems like odd casting for sure, but Buckley's work in the past has been superb enough I have no reason to believe she won't be able to pull this off. 

Updated On: 8/26/18 at 05:31 PM

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#107Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 8/26/18 at 5:53pm

I have learned that it's nearly impossible to recapture the feeling one experiences with a beloved Broadway production with a subsequent tour. I learned that most recently with The Color Purple tour. I remain skeptical of Betty Buckley as Dolly.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#108Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 8/26/18 at 9:33pm

Not terribly shocking, but this is selling VERY well in Cleveland. Tried to find a ticket during the run and most dates have just single or sporadic seats available.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#109Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 8/27/18 at 5:56am

IdinaBellFoster said: "Not terribly shocking, but this is selling VERY well in Cleveland. Tried to find a ticket during the run and most dates have just single or sporadic seats available.”

Tickets went on sale back on July 11th for donor members when I was able to get mine, and general sales started July 27th. The Loge is all corporate boxes, then there’s Mezzanie and Balcony. I was able to get 2nd row center in the Mezzanine, but like you said, scattered singles here and there right now. Maybe as we get closer to the actual performances some of the group sales seats will return to availability. 

sbflyfan Profile Photo
sbflyfan
#110Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 8/27/18 at 12:25pm

Re: Cleveland tickets, while single tickets did go on sale July 27th (with a big *wink wink*), it's part of PlayhouseSquare's usual fun and games.

Nothing at all was available in the orchestra except for the extreme sides, at an outrageous price, when the on-sale started. I checked.

They were probably still sorting out subscriptions at that point.

The general on-sale for single tickets for the rest of the season's shows is September 7th. I'm betting many more "Dolly" seats will be released on that date.

(Also, don't buy into the manufactured hype they create every year the moment the on-sale happens. Wait a few hours until the seating charts get opened up and you can actually choose your own seat).

And don't forget house seats and released subscribers seats always open up a few weeks or days before the actual performances! Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly

"I'm seeing the LuPone in Key West later this week. I'm hoping for great vocals and some sort of insane breakdown..." - BenjaminNicholas2

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#111Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 8/27/18 at 12:36pm

Looks like they've completely redone the ticketing portion of their website . And more seats have opened up since I looked Saturday. There are sections with 7-10 seats all in a row, or areas where a small block of seats have popped up.

BwayLB
#112Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 8/27/18 at 12:38pm

All Broadway series performances for this coming season at Segerstrom in Costa Mesa went on sale for single ticket buyers yesterday except Aladdin, Dolly and Dear Evan Hansen

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#113Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 8/27/18 at 1:12pm

The tour site is up and cast photos have been added.

Not as diverse a cast as Broadway.

https://hellodollyonbroadway.com/bios

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#114Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 8/27/18 at 1:18pm

We knew!

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

BwayJudd
#115Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 8/27/18 at 9:07pm

I wonder why Pittsburgh isn’t on the tour site list?

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#116Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 8/27/18 at 9:23pm

BwayJudd said: "I wonder why Pittsburgh isn’t on the tour site list?"

I’ve noticed that too. But it is listed here...

https://www.playbill.com/article/betty-buckley-led-hello-dolly-tour-will-be-part-of-pittsburgh-clos-2019-summer-season

...and here...

https://www.broadway.org/tours/details/hello-dolly,845

https://pittsburghclo.culturaldistrict.org/production/60436/hello-dolly

...and I already have tickets reserved. Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly

Updated On: 8/27/18 at 09:23 PM

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#117Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 8/28/18 at 6:45am

I'm very curious about what changes and modifications will be made to the set design.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

sbflyfan Profile Photo
sbflyfan
#118Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 8/28/18 at 12:08pm

dmwnc1959 said: "Looks like they'vecompletelyredone the ticketing portion of their website . And more seats have opened up since I looked Saturday. There are sections with 7-10 seats all in a row, or areas where a small block of seats have popped up."

Good lord, that new ticketing system is a nightmare.  The different colors make it so busy and distracting.

And I liked how the rows that weren't on sale (in place of the orchestra pit) wouldn't appear on the old maps... that way you knew for sure if you were buying a front row seat.

"I'm seeing the LuPone in Key West later this week. I'm hoping for great vocals and some sort of insane breakdown..." - BenjaminNicholas2

Wardrobe Mistress
#119Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 8/28/18 at 12:12pm

How come the single tickets for the Denver centre 18-19 season have been released except for Dolly? Does anyone know when we can expect those to become available?

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#120Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 8/28/18 at 12:14pm

Have you asked the Denver Center?
https://www.denvercenter.org/about-us/contact-us/

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#121Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 8/28/18 at 8:43pm

A dear friend of mine texted me today that she is a volunteer usher now at the Stanley Theatre in Utica and has invited me up to see the show. I'm beyond excited. Didn't think I'd see the show again after last Saturday. Tickets are going fast there as there are only 2 performances in September. She is going to purchase them tomorrow. Best seats look gone already. Had to gush about this happening. Theatre looks gorgeous, btw. Like an old vaudeville house. Very large. And the STANLEY Theatre, no less: "lose some weight, Stanley? Don't lose anymore!"

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#122Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 8/28/18 at 8:45pm

Yay! Im glad you get to see it again!

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#123Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 8/28/18 at 8:51pm

So excited for you EthelMae! And by the sounds of it, hopefully, they’re doing a full-set transfer to the National Tour from The Shubert Theater via Utica. That would be wonderful! I already know to keep my expectations in check from the Broadway fireworks we’ve seen in the last couple of months, but do report back on your thoughts of the show. 

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#124Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 8/29/18 at 4:00pm

Thx, dmwnc1959 & bwayfan292! Got word today that my friend got tickets to the 9/26 show! Rear Orch: $64!! I feel like I’m living in another decade! We’ve made plans so I’m really off to Utica, NY to see Betty Buckley in Hello, Dolly! I feel like I’m in a dream. I’ll report back! Again, the pictures of this old movie palace are extraordinary (Stanley Theatre). They play 2 nights then off to longer engagements on the tour schedule.
HOLY CABOOSES!

Videos