pixeltracker

Idol divas audition for Dreamgirls- Page 5

Idol divas audition for Dreamgirls

silent
#100re: Idol divas audition for Dreamgirls
Posted: 7/6/05 at 11:29pm

Tamyra Gray and Kelly Price have auditioned for roles in the movie.

dreamboy2004
#101re: Idol divas audition for Dreamgirls
Posted: 7/7/05 at 5:12pm

Where did you here that Kelly Price auditioned? I read somewhere that actress Megan Goode auditioned for Lorell and got a call back.

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#102re: Idol divas audition for Dreamgirls
Posted: 7/7/05 at 5:32pm

Jennifer Hudson--HELLA good and I hope she gets the part of Effie

Latoya--HELLA good and I hope she gets the part of Lorell

Fantasia--HELLA stinks and she needs to not even be in the movie theatre when it opens nation wide. I am joking about the latter part, but I can't stand her voice (which is getting better by the way, but still....) and her performances are close to the "Jessica Simpson spasms."

Beyonce--I like her, she has a good voice but she is all over the place and that shuts me off to her.

We just all need to relax until the casting is completed, and then we can all bitch to our hearts content. re: Idol divas audition for Dreamgirls

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

WonderBoy Profile Photo
WonderBoy
#103re: Idol divas audition for Dreamgirls
Posted: 7/7/05 at 5:48pm

See, I love me some Fantasia! I think she would make a great Lorrell!

"For me, THEATRE is an anticipation, an artistic rush, an emotional banquet, a jubilant appreciation, and an exit hopeful of clearer thought and better worlds." ~ an anonymous traveler with Robert Burns

pab Profile Photo
pab
#104re: Idol divas audition for Dreamgirls
Posted: 7/7/05 at 11:49pm

"Where did you here that Kelly Price auditioned? I read somewhere that actress Megan Goode auditioned for Lorell and got a call back."

Singer Kelly Price has reportedly tried out for the role of “Effie” in the upcoming feature film version of “Dreamgirls.” Jennifer Holiday originated the role on Broadway. With Beyonce, Jamie Foxx and Eddie Murphy already cast, the film is due in theaters in late 2006.
Link

"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"

Thetruth Profile Photo
Thetruth
#105re: Idol divas audition for Dreamgirls
Posted: 7/9/05 at 1:21pm

Pab, isn't eurweb.com the best site for entertainment news/gossip?

As far as Fantasia goes, I saw her last night in concert and she was amazing. I think the thing with her is that you either love her voice/style or hate it. There is no inbetween. I will say though that she bares one resemblence to Jennifer Holiday. Her voice can get really rough and powerful and then she can smooth it out. Unfortunately, most of the performances people see are of her goin' Gospel.

Videos