Tarzan Review!

YankeeGal#24 Profile Photo
YankeeGal#24
#100tarzan review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 12:35pm

PASSED JUDGMENT ON A SHOW IN PREVIEWS???? It's called an OPINION, a review, and she was fair, balanced, and prefaced everything saying it was the first preview and would update as the show changes over the coming weeks. Did you see the people here last night clamouring for some news of the first preview? liotte took the time--HER time--to post that for all of us. If you are offended, get off your high horse and trot away from this thread.

EDIT: I have never been nasty to anyone here, but the judging and "holier than thou" just got to me. Forgive me for losing my cool.

"You ask four guys, you get four different versions" ~ Tommy DeVito, Jersey Boys
Updated On: 3/25/06 at 12:35 PM

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#101tarzan review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 12:37pm

I did not pass judgment at all- the other Tarzan review threads did, I didn't say anything negative about the show- I posted what happened, and acknowledged that there will be many changes before it opens.

iflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
#102tarzan review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 12:40pm

And a big F.U. to Rob and Craig... When someone says "look quick before they are deleted" ...that pretty much says they know it's a problem for BWW and don't care.

Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10

ruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
#103tarzan review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 12:43pm

i think taking pixs during a show is not right, but during curtain call is fine. Posting it on the thread is wrong, but now that she's deleted it, let's let it go. And I really enjoyed your reviews liotte! I cudnt see it myself so I am glad someone did and reviewed it!

All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#104tarzan review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 12:46pm

i know LOTS of people have taken photos during curtain call... and they've posted them here on the boards. i know i've even seen them in fan photos! and i'm not just talking about when performers leave a show and they have a huge thing at the end for them.

i was so happy to read what Liotte had to say about the show. she always has excellent reviews for what she sees, whether she likes a show or not. i knew i could rely on her to give a great review of Tarzan. she understands full well it was first preview and we know A LOT will probably change by may 10th, but its great to hear what is going on with it right now since it was so secretive the entire time.

::bust a move::

iflitifloat
#105tarzan review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 12:48pm

For the record...I have no problem with HEARING about the show...in fact, I enjoyed it. Truthfully, and I speak only for myself here, I don't even care that she took the pictures. I was taking exception to the posting of said pictures.

GirlfriendFromCanada
#106tarzan review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 12:49pm

Does anyone who went mind posting who's listed as understudying each role? I know we've heard a few of them, but just curious if there are standbys, and how many understudies for each role there are. Thanks!

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#107tarzan review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 12:52pm

Perhaps YOU didn't pass judgment, Liotte, but by posting those pictures,(and by the way, for the record did YOU delete them or were they deleted FOR you?) you allowed people to pass judgment on a show still in progress. "Oh my god, I saw a picture on line and the set was falling apart and the wigs were awful and the costumes were ugly...I would never see this show it sucks!" And also, copyrighted photos of the show, officially sanctioned by Actor's Equity of a curtain call for publicity is one thing. It does not give every Tom Dick and Harry the right to pull out their crappy phone cams and shoot any thing they want.

PEACE.

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#108tarzan review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 12:57pm

girlfriend- check out the official website at disney.com.. it has the understudies listed

::bust a move::

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#109tarzan review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 12:59pm

Sueleen, I think most of the people who have seen pictures of something in previews are not going to judge whether or not they will see the show, especially if it is from some Tom, Dick, and Harry that took a crappy pic with their cell phone. Many people will not even judge based on the reviews by said Tom, Dick, and Harry. You can see by the differings of opinions on the boards that people had mixed reviews of the show, and everyone has a right to have their opinion and judge for themself if they want to go see it.
And as I said before, I acknowledged that the set, costumes, lighting, EVERYTHING will change before it opens, so no one should take anything said about the show as anything but as fact of what happened at the first preview. Pictures included.

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#110tarzan review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 1:01pm

But did YOU delete the pictues yourself? Or did the Mods do that?

PEACE.

Yero
#111tarzan review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 1:04pm

I believe she deleted them herself, she said she was only going to have them up for a short amount of time, and to look at them before she took them down.

"I have this mental image of Patti barreling down the street and pushing tourists out of her way." -colleen_lee

papalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
#112tarzan review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 1:11pm

wait, so liotte has the power to delete entire posts? has the new mod been unmasked?

r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#113tarzan review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 1:17pm

Good point, papa. If Liotte had deleted them herself her post would still be there just "updated".

PEACE.

papalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
#114tarzan review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 1:19pm

the plot thickens.

r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#115tarzan review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 1:32pm

The taking of photos or any other way "documenting" at the theater is prohibited. Period. You can argue all you want about what other people are doing, whether or not it's curtain call or whatever. It's illegal. Period. Need I repeat it? It's illegal. Just in case there's any question. The sets, costumes, and everything about the production is intellectual property for which you have no right to reproduce ANYWHERE. When you buy a ticket, it's a "contract" that you acknowledge these rights. Period.

And to be honest, the "everyone was doing it" is a big load of you know what. If you're going above the speed limit - it doesn't matter how many other cars are doing it. If you get pulled over - you're busted. Period.

All that being said (which I can't believe I would even have to clarify) - there is a ZERO tolerance policy here for posting illegal material. Posts will be deleted and members will be either temporarily or permanently banned from posting.

I hope that settles any discussion.

Love, Dad

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka
Updated On: 3/25/06 at 01:32 PM

FosseBoi
#116tarzan review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 2:41pm

I have a question, how is it fine if someone takes pic.s of WICKED's 1000 performance curtain call and thats fine?

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#117tarzan review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 2:50pm

You mean the photo coverage on BroadwayWorld or other news websites? The difference is that the press is invited and given permission.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

bigrab1018 Profile Photo
bigrab1018
#118tarzan review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 4:25pm

Maybe Liotte was invited as a press person.

"Billy, put down that phylactery...we're Episcopalian." - Spelling Bee

ruthiefan_felix
#119tarzan review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 4:34pm

gez... went out for dinner and come back and the tension is high as ever! ok, liotte, you're a bad girl taking and posting the pixs, don't do it again ok?
I know what everyone's talking about, but to be honest, liotte is not the only one and you guys shouldnt be bombarding her alone. And besides I think she apologized n the pixs werent there anymore... y dont u guys check the fanphotos and webshots.com and bombard THOSE ppl who posted their pixs on and are still on. And let's stop this pix argument! This is about the show Tarzan NOT about you shouldnt post pixs of stage on here.
btw, do u think BWW/Broadway.com will do a video feature or opening night vid when the show opened? I am REALLY eager to see it!

iflitifloat
#120tarzan review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 4:35pm

I doubt that an invited member of the press would be covertly snapping photos with a camera phone and publishing them, sneakily with no copyright, in a post on a message board would still be a problem.

Anyway, since Liotte has long since dropped the argument, why don't we do the same.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#121tarzan review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 4:36pm

Anyways, back to what REALLY matters... does anyone know if Tarzan's understudy actually works out? tarzan review!

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

ruthiefan_felix
#122tarzan review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 4:37pm

I really dont mind if Josh is hairy, but I really hope he goes to the gym and what is going on with Jane's costumes!

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#123tarzan review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 4:40pm

Oh, yes, hairy = good, but those love handles gotta go tarzan review! Ok, I'll stop my superficial teeny-bopper rant...good luck to this production.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE
Updated On: 3/25/06 at 04:40 PM

kevs
#124tarzan review!
Posted: 3/25/06 at 6:51pm

Was his body really that bad? Love handles?? Oh my god.

Videos