pixeltracker

"Tale" Closing 16 November- Page 5

"Tale" Closing 16 November

cglaid Profile Photo
cglaid
#100re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/6/08 at 12:12pm

A friend of mine is in this show and he said that it's probably closing on Sunday and to get tickets.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#101re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/6/08 at 12:15pm

So they're pulling a Xanadu? Well, if so they'd better hurry up and announce it.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#102re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/6/08 at 2:09pm

Here is one thing that I don't understand and I didn't understand this with Xanadu either. Why close a week early when they are planning to close in two weeks. I highly doubt that things can get THAT bad in that time that they are going to have to close early. I thought the same thing as well when it came to Xanadu announcing it's closing early.

This is a show that has touched me and I loved it right away. I am sad to be seeing it leave but at least it got a small fanbase. Now, at risk of sounding like Cooolkid, do you think it would be hard to get closing night tickets. This is a show that has touched me so much that I would feel the need to be at the closing if I so could.

I saw it as my only show I saw during my last trip home and I didn't plan to see it again this weekend considering that I just saw it. But, because this weekend may be my last chance to see it so I will go.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#103re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/6/08 at 2:17pm

My hope is IF they do change it they can try to honor the tickets that were sold for the final performance.

I have a ticket for Nov 16

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

maddiem
#104re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/6/08 at 2:28pm

I went to see the show yesterday afternoon.. I was in tears ... I really hope this show tours and finds a life on the road.. It is such a wonderfully moving show..

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#105re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/6/08 at 2:32pm

I just got off the phone with Telecharge and as far as THEY know the closing date is still November 16. I'm searching for a phone number for the actual box office but haven't found one yet.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#106re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/6/08 at 2:48pm

My suggestion is to look in the back of a playbill for another show that played at a jujamcyn theatre. I know at least for the Nederlander theatres (not 100 per cent sure for Shuberts) they list in the back of the playbill all the other shows that are playing at Nederlander houses with the name of the show and the theatre that it is in. They then list the phone numbers to the theatres themselves rather then to something like ticketmaster.

I don't know if it would work but it is worth a try.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

NGD2225 Profile Photo
NGD2225
#107re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/6/08 at 3:15pm

I REALLY hope that it lasts until NEXT Sunday. We have a 40 person group coming down to see it on Wednesday.

coolkid11776
#108re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/6/08 at 5:28pm

I hope it extends so I can see it

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#109re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/6/08 at 7:08pm

Brandi's FB status still is :Brandi Burkhardt is making it count! 2 down, 6 to go... and the Tale will be told.on Wednesday

Updated On: 11/6/08 at 07:08 PM

NGD2225 Profile Photo
NGD2225
#110re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/6/08 at 7:11pm

Oh please god no. I NEED CONFIRMATION!!! Updated On: 11/6/08 at 07:11 PM

Anna_Elizabeth Profile Photo
Anna_Elizabeth
#111re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/6/08 at 7:23pm

Same here. I hope they last until November 16th. Especially since TicketMaster has already changed the ticketing system once. No need for them to do it again. :)

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#112re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/6/08 at 7:26pm

I have a feeling its gonna be this Sunday (the last show)

I think TDF would have added dates for next week, if they were staying open till the 16th.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#113re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/6/08 at 8:03pm

What are they going to do? Wait until Sunday and then just have James announce "btw this was our last show" after the performance"?

NGD2225 Profile Photo
NGD2225
#114re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/6/08 at 8:04pm

They better announce it tonight.

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#115re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/6/08 at 9:13pm

My guess is that they will announce tomorrow night that Sunday (11/9) will be the last show.

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#116re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/6/08 at 9:19pm

Why close a week early when they are planning to close in two weeks.

If they close this coming Sunday instead of the following week it is because the advance sale for next week is not enough to justify keeping the show open and losing even more money.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#117re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/6/08 at 9:22pm

It is closing this sunday. Brandi accepts both fans and friends to her facebook and when I heard about the rumor that it might close sunday I wrote her. I told her that I am sad about the closing and I heard rumors that it might close sunday instead of the 16th. She replied back and told me that the rumor is true and the show in fact is closing this sunday.

MamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
#118re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/6/08 at 9:24pm

Here we go!

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#119re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/6/08 at 9:27pm

What do you mean?

NGD2225 Profile Photo
NGD2225
#120re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/6/08 at 9:27pm

Tomorrow is NOT going to be a fun day.

Schmerg_The_Impaler Profile Photo
Schmerg_The_Impaler
#121re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/6/08 at 9:42pm

"Until tomorrowwww... until tomorrowwww... until tomorrowwwww.... IS... TODAAAAY!"

Oh, NGD, I feel so bad for you. If it were my class, I'd be devastated. I really hope you guys can get tickets to something. This is ridiculous.

In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy

MamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
#122re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/6/08 at 9:44pm

Why is it ridiculous???
Its a business and these guys are losing money every hour!

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#123re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/6/08 at 9:44pm

I hope I can switch my tickets

Schmerg_The_Impaler Profile Photo
Schmerg_The_Impaler
#124re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/6/08 at 9:46pm

MamasDoin'Fine-- NGD's whole class got tickets to see the show on a trip! Last time they went to see a musical on a trip, it was to see the revival of Les Miserables... which closed shortly before they got to see it. It's ridiculous that his luck should be so bad! Not that the show is closing. I think everyone predicted that.

In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy

Videos