pixeltracker

Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol- Page 6

Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol

Albin Profile Photo
Albin
#125re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 9 American Idol
Posted: 3/31/05 at 2:10pm

Simon says Carrie has the "it" factor...if that's so, then Constantine has the "IT" factor. Lord that man is hot!

Curly_Q
#126re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 9 American Idol
Posted: 4/3/05 at 3:12am

Regarding his Hedwig performances - I would LOVE to see a picture of Constantine in drag. I'm SO curious!!!! I'm thinking he would make a scary-looking woman, but would probably play the role well because he is so over-the-top dramatically. Is there a picture out there anyone might have? I'm not sure why he has made it so far on American Idol. His vocals are for the most part weak and hardly above average. I think it is his strong stage presence and the "teen idol" card he is playing that has gotten him this far. There are far better voices in the competition.

One Song Glory
#127re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 9 American Idol
Posted: 4/3/05 at 8:32am

you have a sick mind, Curly.

Constantine is doing better and his fan base is getting bigger. he's cool

I'm not a gay stereotype. I'm a coincidence.
Updated On: 4/3/05 at 08:32 AM

lalia_jitterbug
#128re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 9 American Idol
Posted: 4/3/05 at 10:59am

I found this pic of him as hedwig a few days ago. I'm not too crazy about him as Hedwig, or at least not this picture, but who knows, I'd have to see him perform... According to the article, he was pretty good as Hedwig
Constantine as Hedwig

KristiAnn85 Profile Photo
KristiAnn85
#129re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 9 American Idol
Posted: 4/3/05 at 3:52pm

I Don't understand the big hype over Constantine. I was watching the results show the other night, and I asked my family how he keeps getting this far. I didn't see his performance, so I couldn't judge, but still...When he butchered the partridge family, i thought for sure he'd be in the bottom 3. I'm not saying he's bad...but I vote for who performed well, not my "favorites" as Paula told people to do. Constantine isn't my favorite.

I agree that Scott Savol and Anwar should go, though. I'm sorry if that's considered thread-jacking, but that's my $.02.

kitkatt456 Profile Photo
kitkatt456
#130re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 9 American Idol
Posted: 4/3/05 at 9:40pm

I think Constantine is still there because he's a rocker and he's different. He doesn't have the strongest voice there, but he's a good performer and a lot of people like him.

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#131re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 9 American Idol
Posted: 4/5/05 at 10:41am

If it is 'Broadway' themed... I would like to hear Constantine sing something from Rent.

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#132re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 9 American Idol
Posted: 4/5/05 at 11:23pm

Oh my Gosh! Constantine was awesome! It was the best I heard him sing thus far!

Scott (evil Shrek) needs to go home.

TGIF Profile Photo
TGIF
#133re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 9 American Idol
Posted: 4/5/05 at 11:28pm

Constantine did do pretty well today. I still don't like him, but I give credit where I think credit is due.

I want to write music. I want to sit down right now at my piano and write a song that people will listen to and remember and do the same thing every morning...for the rest of my life. - Jonathan Larson. Tick, Tick...BOOM!

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#134re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 9 American Idol
Posted: 4/5/05 at 11:31pm

Did you notice he mentioned he was an actor and that he toured with Rent! It's great to hear Rent get a prop on primetime TV!

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#135re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 9 American Idol
Posted: 4/6/05 at 9:30am

Too bad they couldn't sing anything more 'mordern' in the broadway category. I would have loved to hear him sing, ONE SONG, GLORY or YOUR EYES.

Sadly, some of the older songs don't mean much to me.

KristiAnn85 Profile Photo
KristiAnn85
#136re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 9 American Idol
Posted: 4/7/05 at 2:06am

I totally agree. And what was with everyone choosing the SLOW songs? I told some of friends that the people watching last night, if not familiar with Broadway, will that that all Broadway is is slow songs. I wish they could have done more modern stuff, but at the same time...I don't know if I could have handled a pop version of Popular or For Good.
It would have been nice to see Constantine do Rent, but did you notice that Constantine was the only one (i may be mistaken) who did a song from a musical NOT made into a movie? Or at least, a not well known musical? Everyone else did stuff people have heard of.
I agree with Simon...no more Broadway musical themes. And if they do them, let them pick from songs they can be original with. Most of the songs Tuesday have been done to death.
I'll stop now...

KelRel Profile Photo
KelRel
#137re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 9 American Idol
Posted: 4/7/05 at 9:22am

Ok I had to get in on this a few posts back some one was saying that Constatine was on a non-equity tour so we shouldn't have expected the best...I paid $80 for my ticket..I am a newly married college student and money is super tight..I expected at least a decent preformance. Constatine was too busy playing with his hair to really do the character justice. There was little to no emotion there, and the singing was flat to say the least. It makes me mad that I paid $80 to see less that good quality and then have someone justify it by saying that its ok because its non-equity

"All the while making faces like a baby platypus who forget to take some Beano before eating a chimichanga." FindingNamo in reference to Jessica Simpson's singing.

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#138re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 9 American Idol
Posted: 4/7/05 at 10:07am

So if the tour comes around to my city...how do I know if the actors are 'top notch' or equity performers? I expect too, that if I'm going to drop down good money, if going to get to see professionals at the top-of-their-game.

I've seen several tour of Rent...and I loved everyone of them. But if a performance is disappointing (example: Constantine playing with his hair and flat singing)...and I found out the members were not considered 'professionals' within the theater circuit, I'd feel ripped off.
Updated On: 4/7/05 at 10:07 AM

WISHIHADATONY Profile Photo
WISHIHADATONY
#139re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 9 American Idol
Posted: 4/7/05 at 1:51pm

his MY FUNNY VALENTINE was extraordinary. He truly won me over with that last night. he looks like a star and last night he performed like a star. wow. His performance truly blew my socks off(well, not truly....but he gave me goosebumps.)

"Blow out the candles Robert and make a wish. Want something, want SOMETHING."

GirlfriendFromCanada
#140re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 9 American Idol
Posted: 4/7/05 at 2:55pm

The equity/non-equity debate is one that has gone on for a long time. It's not necessarily talent and professionalism that form some people's opinions, but politics as well.

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#141re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 9 American Idol
Posted: 4/7/05 at 6:00pm

Then could you help me understand?
What is the difference? Why would someone not want to be an equity actor.... and why should I not concern myself too much if the show I'm watching doesn't employ equity actors?

I probably don't understand what it means to be equity.

Curly_Q
#142re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 9 American Idol
Posted: 4/9/05 at 3:17pm

Thanks for the Hedwig link! Very interesting. Though I wouldn't be a fan of his as a pop singer, I think in that element I would have to check out his performance! It would be outrageous!

615rosey
#143re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 9 American Idol
Posted: 4/9/05 at 10:28pm

I saw Constantine in Rent in Chicago. I have also seen the original Broadway cast of Rent and I recently saw the current (Feb '05) Broadway cast. I thought Constantine was the best Roger. His voice is very clear and he brought a rocker's sensibility to the character, just as I believe is was meant to be. Constantine rocks.

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#144re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 9 American Idol
Posted: 4/13/05 at 9:11am

*pout*pout*pout*

I think he pouts in every song.

PB ENT. Profile Photo
PB ENT.
#145re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 9 American Idol
Posted: 4/13/05 at 10:08am

I only watch AI when it gets down to the last 10. Last week's Broadway Bomb convinced me that most people should limit their singing to the shower...or family weddings.

I won't even venture to guess who will top out on this AI saga...but I'm going with this Constantine to be among the last 2 standing. just my take.

www.pbentertainmentinc.com BWW regional writer "Philadelphia/South Jersey"

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#146re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 9 American Idol
Posted: 4/13/05 at 10:11am

I agree. In the beginning I didn't think he was to go far at all. But it seems he has developed quite a fan base and will probably come in 2nd if he doesn't win the whole thing.

DancerGirl16 Profile Photo
DancerGirl16
#147re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 9 American Idol
Posted: 4/13/05 at 11:23am

I agree. I think Constatine did a fabulous job last night :)

Despite the pout

When someone blunders, we say that he makes a misstep. Is it then not clear that all the ills of mankind, all the tragic misfortunes that fill our history books, all the political blunders, all the failures of the great leaders have arisen merely from a lack of skill in dancing. - Moliere

WISHIHADATONY Profile Photo
WISHIHADATONY
#148re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 9 American Idol
Posted: 4/13/05 at 4:38pm

he was extraordinary again last night. WOW what a great singer and perfomrer this guy is. I suspect he is going to be the winner. NO ONE came close to his performance last night. As Simon said, he was "astonishing."

"Blow out the candles Robert and make a wish. Want something, want SOMETHING."

#149re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 9 American Idol
Posted: 4/13/05 at 4:41pm

Although I have stated that I am not a fan, I must admit, he was great last night.

Videos