News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Could 'Spamalot' 'Bee' Challenged?- Page 6

Could 'Spamalot' 'Bee' Challenged?

Sumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
#125re: Could 'Spamalot' 'Bee' Challenged?
Posted: 5/8/05 at 10:30pm

See I have no problem with Spamalot winning. I'd prefer to see DRS win but I don't perceive Spamalot to be like last year and Wicked. Wicked was a different animal than Spamalot.

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

Plum
#126re: Could 'Spamalot' 'Bee' Challenged?
Posted: 5/8/05 at 10:31pm

Not you, WickedRocks. And for the record, I don't really think you're the bad kind of shill. :) You're admitting your connection to the show, which is the honest thing to do when expressing your opinion on it.

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#127re: Could 'Spamalot' 'Bee' Challenged?
Posted: 5/8/05 at 10:32pm

Must be me...right Plum?

I don't know why, but OK...

Plum
#128re: Could 'Spamalot' 'Bee' Challenged?
Posted: 5/8/05 at 10:35pm

No, not you either. There's only one poster on this thread who's very username makes calls for niceness an act of hypocrisy.

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#129re: Could 'Spamalot' 'Bee' Challenged?
Posted: 5/8/05 at 10:35pm

Um, wow, not pointing fingers or anything, but in general, there's a lot of immaturity in this thread. Congrats.

To get back on topic, I think there's a definite chance that Spelling Bee could win Best Musical. And why shouldn't it at least have a chance if the critics and audiences love the show? I wouldn't dismiss it and automatically say that Spamalot will win. It would be naive of me to say that there are no politics involved, but who's to say which way it's going to swing this year? Personally, I would really like to see Spelling Bee win. I'd be a little more reserved if Spamalot won. I wouldn't be upset, but I always love to root for the underdogs. Which is why I jumped for joy when Avenue Q won last year. So yeah, that's my bit.

~Steven

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#130re: Could 'Spamalot' 'Bee' Challenged?
Posted: 5/8/05 at 10:44pm

I agree, Mr. Music.

Videos