pixeltracker

"Perfect for US": The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!- Page 62

"Perfect for US": The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#1525re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 2/24/10 at 1:13pm

I TOTALLY agree about Trimm, but I had heard from two sources that not only had she auditioned, but that she was fabulous. That's about when I heard that Meghan was leaving. (I never heard rumors that Trimm was offered the part, mind you.)

And actually, I think she just turned 15 during Birdie.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

AbbyNormal13 Profile Photo
AbbyNormal13
#1526re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 2/24/10 at 1:45pm

Steven22, the same thing happened to me when I was using google chrome, but when I opened it in internet explorer, it worked fine.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#1527re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 2/27/10 at 1:36am

Saw the show tonight. Michael Berry was on for Dan and was fantastic. What a great voice. The show is in wonderful, wonderful shape. Kyle Dean Massey was just okay tonight.

I actually prefer the show NOW to right after it opened last year. It gels even better now. Just so much about it is brilliant. Full house; audience ate it up.
Updated On: 2/27/10 at 01:36 AM

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#1528re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 2/27/10 at 1:45am

For those interested, Berry is on all weekend for Dan.

dramamama611
#1529re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 2/27/10 at 5:24am

And if we're NOT interested, who will be on?

(Not being snarky, just silly!)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

jessica0414 Profile Photo
jessica0414
#1530re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 2/27/10 at 12:26pm

lol! That reminds me of this bit Demitri Martin does. He's talking about going clothes shopping and how often times people who work at clothing stores will help you to your fitting room and then say something like "okay, well if you need anything, my name is Jenny," and then he says something like "whoa, I've never met a woman with a conditional identity before! What if I don't need anything? Who are you then?" lol.

"You don't just stop posting horse s*** on the web!"-The [Title of Show] Show

jndeblasi
#1531re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 2/27/10 at 3:25pm

jumping in here. sorry i don't think i can go through 62 pages of all this love. but by any chance does anyone have a pic of the billboard that was up in times square? i never got the chance to see it re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!

WiCkEDrOcKS
#1532re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 2/27/10 at 3:31pm

re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!

Not the greatest quality, cause I took it on my BlackBerry.

jndeblasi
#1533re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 2/27/10 at 3:43pm

wow thats pretty great for using a BB!!!

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#1534re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 2/27/10 at 7:25pm

Is there any news about who is leaving/staying? The one year mark is coming up in a month.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#1535re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 2/28/10 at 12:20am

And if we're NOT interested, who will be on?

Oh, dramamama. The answer to that question is also Michael Berry. re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!

metsfan
#1536re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 2/28/10 at 6:27am

Long before dramamama or Demetri Martin, Richard Greenberg made that joke in THREE DAYS OF RAIN. Great play, if you don't know it. Even if you do.

dramamama611
#1537re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 2/28/10 at 8:50am

^ I'm not too sure about that. I'm pretty OLD. re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#1538re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 2/28/10 at 4:49pm

Saw the show yesterday afternoon because I wanted to see Michael as Dan again. I'm one of the few who liked him way back in May but he's gotten so much better. I really like his voice. At some points all i could see were his facial expressions and they killed me.

Everyone else was great as always.

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#1539re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 3/4/10 at 7:01pm

It looks like Brian Crum will soon replace Tim Young as the Gabe/Henry standby.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#1540re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 3/5/10 at 6:38am

Elphaba3,

where did you hear that?

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#1541re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 3/5/10 at 7:32am

Tim's not leaving. Brian is just another understudy..just in case.
Updated On: 3/5/10 at 07:32 AM

Kelsey3
#1542re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 3/5/10 at 10:54am

I always wondered what they would do if both Adam and Aaron/Kyle Dean were out.

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#1543re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 3/5/10 at 9:26pm

Sorry, my bad.

WiCkEDrOcKS
#1544re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 3/28/10 at 3:08am

I saw the show last night and it was on fire. Michael Berry was on as Dan (again) and was wonderful.

A year ago yesterday, N2N started previews on Broadway. Crazy! Happy birthday, N2N!! Here's to many, many more.

dramamama611
#1545re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 3/28/10 at 8:25am

Congrats to all! Loving that so many here never thought it would last the summer!

I'm seeing this with my HS students in 2 weeks. Haven't seen it in quite some time...and really looking forward to revisiting and seeing it through their eyes.

Is anyone aware of any vacations coming up? Personally, I would love some understudies as I haven't seen any of them (I did see Kyle go on during Aaron's CMIYC absence), but I truly do want my kids to see Alice. Every deserves to truly what it looks like when insanity mixes with talent!

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#1546re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 3/28/10 at 9:14am

Michael Berry might be good as Dan....when I saw him when Louis was out for the Doctors he wasn't great....

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#1547re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 3/28/10 at 9:54am

dramamama, Alice just took a vacation so more than likely she'll be on.

Also the only understudy I've seen in the show (aside from seeing Kyle Dean when he was filling in for Aaron this summer) is Meghann Fahy for Jennifer Damiano and I thought she was great.

MeggilyWeggily08 Profile Photo
MeggilyWeggily08
#1548re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 3/28/10 at 11:46am

Asa Somers either joined the cast last night as a u/s for Dan/ the Dr.'s

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#1549re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 3/28/10 at 11:51am

Bobby Spencer is on vacation this week, so Michael is on as Dan all week. Asa Somers is covering Michael's track as the u/s for Dan and the Doctors.

Tonight is Tim Young's final performance (though to my knowledge, he isn't actually going on). Brian Crum replaces him starting Monday.
Updated On: 3/28/10 at 11:51 AM

Videos