pixeltracker

"Perfect for US": The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!- Page 65

"Perfect for US": The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!

MeggilyWeggily08 Profile Photo
MeggilyWeggily08
#1600re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/13/10 at 9:43pm

Updated On: 12/3/11 at 09:43 PM

MeggilyWeggily08
#1600re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/13/10 at 9:43pm

Updated On: 12/3/11 at 09:43 PM

light_in_the_dark
#1602re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/13/10 at 10:34pm

Hi all!
I'm new to these forums, but I love musical theater passionately, and N2N is my latest obsession. :)
I have a few questions about casts. Is it likely that the current cast will still be on over the summer? If not, is it a disappointment to see the understudies and replacements? Also, any news on the tour cast?
I live on the West Coast, so I'd appreciate opinions on whether it's worth it to really push to see the NY cast as soon as I can, this summer, or wait for the tour.
Thanks very much!

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#1603re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/13/10 at 10:38pm

I expect them to be there at least through the summer, but you never know. The only current understudy I've seen is Michael Berry as Dan. He's adequate IMO. In other news, Jenn is apparently on vacation this week. I wish I could go. I love Jenn, but I'm dying to see Meghann.

MeggilyWeggily08
#1604re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/15/10 at 7:02pm

Updated On: 12/3/11 at 07:02 PM

rmusic11322
#1605re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/15/10 at 7:04pm

Whoa, I just realized that's tonight! Congrats to them! :)

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#1606re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/15/10 at 8:40pm

MacKENZIE MAUZY is back as u/s Natalie

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#1607re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/15/10 at 9:37pm

That's because Jenn is on vacation this week.

Happy Anniversary to the show that has changed my outlook on life and has gotten me through my darkest days.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#1608re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/16/10 at 12:07am

The only acknowledgment of the 1st anniversary was Kyle mentioning it during his Broadway Cares speech, along with the fact that they won the Pulitzer earlier in the week. He called it, "a pretty exciting week for us."

David Stone was in the audience.

MeggilyWeggily08
#1609re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/17/10 at 11:06am

Sorry about my double post.

Updated On: 12/3/11 at 11:06 AM

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#1610re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/17/10 at 12:03pm

Jen will be back on Monday, the same day Adam leaves for his vacation.

Apparently Bobby is out this weekend because he's in California for something. I assume Michael Berry is on, but would love it if Asa were on, because I want to see him.

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#1611re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/18/10 at 8:31pm

I just got home from today's matinee. Michael was on as Dan. I love his voice, and he showed more chops during the second act that I remember from the last time I saw him. Meghann was on for Natalie, and she was excellent. Lastly Brian was on as Gabe. I was concerned at first, because his first lines were very robotic. However, he won me over quickly thereafter. Not as great with the pole dancing as Kyle and Aaron, but who the hell cares about that. I know it's silly but for some reason, I want Gabe to be kind of hot. Brian certainly has that characteristic.
The real reason for my post though is because of Adam. His performance was fantastic as usual. I brought 5 friends from work, and they all loved him and loved Henry. It just looks like he's lost so much weight! I guess it's fine if that's his goal, but I just hope he's well.

"The price of love is loss, but still we pay; We love anyway."

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#1612re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/18/10 at 9:39pm

Today was Crum's second performance as Gabe (the matinee yesterday was his first). I liked his voice a lot, but his acting needs a lot of work. Much of his line readings were extremely exaggerated, and robotic sounding, like Gator said. He also hasn't really fleshed out the character yet, and is not much of a presence in the way Aaron or Kyle are. He also needs to "man up" as it were. He's playing it a little too feminine right now. I think he'll get better as he goes on more. He's on as Henry all next week.

Meghann Fahy continues to be incredible as Natalie, and I love getting to see her go on.

Michael Berry is out of this world as Dan now. He's gotten so incredible in the role, and has really grown. His interpretation is very different from Bobby, but I love it just as much. Berry plays Dan like a tough guy who is holding it all in, keeping it together, but then it all falls apart at the end. Because he keeps it all in before the confrontation scene, the breakdown at the point is very effecting. To say nothing of his incredible, deep, booming voice. Love him.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#1613re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/18/10 at 9:54pm

ahh Brian as Gabe..I want to see that. Anyone know who the temp gabe/henry u/s is when Adam takes his vacation?

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#1615re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/18/10 at 9:55pm

Adam Kantor.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#1616re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/18/10 at 9:58pm

Rent's Adam Kantor?....

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
binau Profile Photo
binau
#1618re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/18/10 at 10:03pm

I think I saw Meghann Fahy, and when I did she was shaking hysterically while singing at times...was this intentional?

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

wendilin622 Profile Photo
wendilin622
#1619re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/19/10 at 12:52am

I think Kantor would be a WONDERFUL Henry. I hope he gets to go on!

BwayTday Profile Photo
BwayTday
#1620re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/19/10 at 1:01am

I don't remember any shaking when I saw her, but it could easily be a character choice for some parts of the show. I thought she was amazing though, and sweet at the stage door.

bwaybaby612
#1621re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/19/10 at 7:49pm

Hey I saw N2N yesterday. I was at the matinee and I had a question. Was it just me or did anyone else notice that Alice Ripley was a little off? Last time I saw it she was absolutely fantastic, but this time she was very hard to understand at some points and some of her notes were a little flat. Side note: she looked absolutely miserable during the call (she didn't even smile). I'm assuming she's sick, but does anyone else know more details? On another note, I thought Meghann Fahy was amazing!!

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#1622re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/19/10 at 8:36pm

bwaybabe12,

How was Brian?

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#1623re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/19/10 at 8:59pm

I was at that show too and I am actually very surprised to read that it was Brian's second show. Like I said before, he was a bit robotic at first, but then seemed fine. I don't agree about Alice. I've never seen her look "jubilant" during the curtain call...think of what she's just been through. I remember seeing Lawrence Fishborne after Othello at the Shakespeare Theater in DC and he didn't look very energetic either after what he had just gone through. I don't agree with what someone posted earlier about Brian needing to "man it up."He sounds great, looks great, and just needs to be a bit more organic.

"The price of love is loss, but still we pay; We love anyway."

Iceberg3
#1624re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 4/20/10 at 1:41am

bwaybaby612,

While I didn't see N2N on the 19th, I did see it on the 17th and, at the time, both my friend and I agreed that Alice Ripley seemed sick/congested etc. There were multiple times where the notes were a bit flat and she was hard (or impossible) to hear.

I had never seen the show before, but still did mostly enjoy it mainly due to the strength of the younger cast and in spite of the less than stellar performance of both adult leads.

Videos