pixeltracker

More security for broadway audiences?- Page 7

More security for broadway audiences?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#150security for audiences?
Posted: 12/4/15 at 5:08am

Dave13 said: "haterobics said: "There is nothing safer than crossfire.

"

Maybe. Maybe not but it beats sitting in a fetal position waiting to die.  At least you have a fighting chance to save people and get out alive.  

"

Or...you become a bigger target, and the risk that you hit more innocent victims.

Or that you have an unstable person pull out their gun during Miss Saigon and shoot: talkers, cell phone testers, wrapper sprinklers or even the actors - because they never should have been allowed to have a gun in the first place.

I'm pretty certain of which is likely more certain to happen...repeatedly.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#153security for audiences?
Posted: 12/8/15 at 11:19pm

SmokeyLady said: "Great article in todays LA Times about security in Broadway theaters.  "

What's great about it? It has no meaningful info in it-just the sort of piece Charles has to write to justify his expense account.

c0113g3b0y
#154security for audiences?
Posted: 12/8/15 at 11:23pm

they should put bulletproof glass between the audience and the performers. Actors are irreplacable unlike audience members.

Just kidding.

The thing is, besides being an utter toad of a human being, Riedel usually has the least knowledge of the topic in the room. He doesn't usually understand the content or approach of a show, and is always completely and unfailingly socially ignorant, which makes it really infuriating when Susan can't get a word in edgewise. A definitive mansplainer; it's always painful when he has female guests. I watch the show sporadically when I really want to see a guest, because it's the only theatre talkshow we have, but it would be so much better without this hateful clown in a dadcoat. (thanks ScaryWarhol)

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#155security for audiences?
Posted: 12/9/15 at 2:48am

Great angle for an article. I don't know what security measures Broadway theaters take now, so let's assume they're bad... and that no one will tell me what they do, because then they're just instructing people how to get around them, and then a few tourists I asked about terrorists told me their thoughts, oh and I was in midtown NYC and saw a police van, so something must be up...

Alert the Pulitzer committee!

Christoph
#156security for audiences?
Posted: 3/30/16 at 2:14pm

Borstalboy said: "Good Lord, were all of you raised by helicopter parents??  What you seem to be asking for is self-induced, police state-like tactics at the theater, am I getting this right?

The terrorists have truly won.

Completely agree with you on this.  A friend from Europe recently joked that because of US citizens' knee-jerk fear over everything many overseas were nicknaming us the United States of Pants-wetters.  I seriously blame the cable TV 24-hour news cycle that postulates assorted mayhem and makes sure to squeeze the fear factor out of everything and anything, making the credulous believe that an assassin is hovering over them as they sleep or a terrorist is hiding under their bed in order to boost their ratings.  Our country made it through two World Wars and assorted other violent obstacles without comprising our freedoms for safety and now too many are wandering around in a chronic google-eyed palsy of fearful prostration willing to give up anything and everything in order to be offered some imaginary guarantee that nothing bad will ever happen to them.

Updated On: 3/30/16 at 02:14 PM

Videos