pixeltracker

Biggest mistake you've witnessed on stage.- Page 7

Biggest mistake you've witnessed on stage.

broadwayrocks2
#150re: biggest mistake you've witnessed on stage.
Posted: 2/13/08 at 3:09pm

beauty and the beast at the lunt.. steve blanchard was the beast.. It was the part of the show where he is talking to lum and cogs and telling them "look at me how can anyone love me" on this night it was coming up on that line and his tail fell apart and there was noting left but a wire spine and steve saw it fall of so he delivered this line in its place.. "look at me (long pause) im a chihuahua"..crowd went crazy.

stagescreen Profile Photo
stagescreen
#151re: biggest mistake you've witnessed on stage.
Posted: 2/13/08 at 4:18pm

I saw a tour of THE SOUND OF MUSIC with Marie Osmond as Maria, and during the title song, she's twirling around, and her wig falls off as she's dancing/singing. I was sitting far back, and it took me a second to realize what happened. I thought for some reason she had a dog on stage...but it was her wig. Then I noticed her wig cap. She made no attempt to pick up the wig during the number. I believe she just kicked it off stage at the end of the scene.

--

Although this isn't really a noticeable mishap, I saw MISS SAIGON on tour once and was sitting in the front row. Kim draws a gun on Thuy and then kills him. She over-gesticulated after shooting him and her gun went flying across the stage floor and skidded onto the orchestra pit cover, and landed at my feet! At intermission a crew member discreetly went through the pass-thru door and I gave him his prop.

<---- You can see the crazy in her eyes. ;-)

Mattbrain
#152re: biggest mistake you've witnessed on stage.
Posted: 2/13/08 at 5:19pm

Many of France's stage productions.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

groovy-hoover Profile Photo
groovy-hoover
#153re: biggest mistake you've witnessed on stage.
Posted: 2/13/08 at 5:33pm

Not really a huge mistake but whatever!

I saw Wicked in London about a month into Idina's run and it was the scene where Elphaba makes Nessa's chair move etc and i can't remember the lead up to the line but one of the students says to Galinda, "You should say something!" which instead of being answered, there was (literally) over a ten second pause before Helen Dallimore realised and said, "...Should I?". Blondes... :P

aliciag Profile Photo
aliciag
#154re: biggest mistake you've witnessed on stage.
Posted: 2/13/08 at 5:41pm

I just found this funny... but I was at Forbidden Broadway last weekend and there was this lady in the audience who kept snorting when she laughed. It wasn't big or annoying or anything, I just found it really funny. But then at one point during the Spring Awakening skit there was a slight pause in between lines and she let out this loud snort that everyone could hear and the actors lost it. It took them 10 to 20 seconds to get back to their lines and they kept laughing as they went.

Then again, with this show it didn't so much take anything away as add to the general hilarity of the night!

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#155re: biggest mistake you've witnessed on stage.
Posted: 2/13/08 at 9:22pm

Once when I saw Hairspray for the 2nd time it was during intermission and people are realizing "Hey its been 15 minutes...okay now 20 minutes..."

Then all of a sudden I assume a man who was the stage manager comes out and says exactly this and nothing else "Your Penny will change for the 2nd Act Thank You" and walked off.

It was quite funny!

Then when I saw Hairspray on Tour...The Hairspray can didnt open and Enda said "Get me outta here! I farted!" It was hilarious!

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#156re: biggest mistake you've witnessed on stage.
Posted: 2/13/08 at 9:23pm

Lestat

....but the world goes 'round

la_vie_boheme_et_moi Profile Photo
la_vie_boheme_et_moi
#157re: biggest mistake you've witnessed on stage.
Posted: 2/14/08 at 12:11pm

In Legally Blonde, two or three weeks ago, LBB and Andy Karl (on as Emmett) were singing through the title song and it was almost over- at the part where they're both leaning up against the door- and he had just sung the line, "Please don't go. Please open the door..." and... she did. She started to open up the door and he just stared at it for a second with a wide-eyed sort of surprise before gently re-shutting the door... It was just funny because it made no sense- he's begging her to open the door, she does, and then he essentially forces her back into the room.

Grown-ups never understand anything for themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them. Antoine de Saint-Exupery, "The Little Prince", 1943

zooxanthellae Profile Photo
zooxanthellae
#158re: biggest mistake you've witnessed on stage.
Posted: 2/14/08 at 12:28pm

The Pirate Queen.

fishergirl819 Profile Photo
fishergirl819
#159re: biggest mistake you've witnessed on stage.
Posted: 2/14/08 at 9:49pm

la_vie, I was at that show as well. She did not open the door on that line - she sang the line "Some girls were just meant to smile..." and put her hand to the door, as her direction requires her to do. The door was not snapped shut completely, therefore it swung open slightly. She quickly grabbed the handle to close it herself, and on his line "If you can hear, can I just say how much I want you to stay...", Andy lightly touched the door to help her close it completely.

Videos