pixeltracker

The Official Ace Musical Thread- Page 7

The Official Ace Musical Thread

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#150re: The Official Ace Musical Thread
Posted: 9/30/08 at 12:33am

It was great to meet you too matty159! :) So glad you loved it! And awesome seeing you again as well kec! Thanks for saving me from waiting for taxi hell Sunday night!

It really has tightened up since that preview weekend at the beginning of the month. The kids ~ well, everyone but especially the kids ~ have grown so much in their roles, it's been a joy to sort of see their evolution. I think Dalton and Angelina are people we'll be hearing from for a while!

From what I picked up talking with a few of them post-show Sunday night, there are tentative plans for a reading up here sometime around/after Thanksgiving, but nothing's firmed up yet. So it does look like life might indeed be going on for this little show. :)

At any rate, I've got some wonderful memories! :)

*edit* Oh yeah. About those technical difficulties Saturday night. They were trying backstage to redo things but Dalton's on so much, he just did whatever worked. The guys trying to plan things said "Just go with it. Follow his lead." They made it work ~ the women next to me had no clue until they started messing with the technical stuff at intermission that anything was weird. So that was good.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!
Updated On: 9/30/08 at 12:33 AM

kec Profile Photo
kec
#151re: The Official Ace Musical Thread
Posted: 9/30/08 at 9:19am

No problem, Jordangirl re: The Official Ace Musical Thread Great to see you again as well. re: The Official Ace Musical Thread

Fabulous performance Sunday night, great audience as well. I was in floods of tears 3/4 of the way into the second act. Jordangirl, I agree it was a much tighter show than that first weekend. Outstanding performances by everyone involved.

Interesting thought crossed my mind the other day. Assuming Danny follow in the footsteps of his father and grandfather, he would have likely been a pilot during the Vietnam war.

kec Profile Photo
kec
#152re: The Official Ace Musical Thread
Posted: 10/1/08 at 12:15pm

Lovely photos of the closing curtain call:
ACE Closing Night Photos

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#153re: The Official Ace Musical Thread
Posted: 10/1/08 at 1:34pm

That was actually Saturday night. The photographer and an assistant were grabbing whoever they could in the lobby. :) But yeah, great pics! I love those kids...so adorable!

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

jennafan
#154re: The Official Ace Musical Thread
Posted: 10/20/08 at 8:28pm

Is ACE still coming to Broadway? I haven't heard any new details.

KChenowethfan Profile Photo
KChenowethfan
#155re: The Official Ace Musical Thread
Posted: 10/21/08 at 1:47pm

It was not ever billed as a pre-Broadway tryout so the question is not if it is still coming to Broadway.

"Why do you care what people might say? Why try to fit into their design?" (Side Show)
Updated On: 10/21/08 at 01:47 PM

Renee2
#156re: The Official Ace Musical Thread
Posted: 10/21/08 at 1:55pm

The show was advertised everywhere with these 2 words above the title: BROADWAY BOUND. (UNTIL PETER MARKS AND THE MAJORITY OF THE OTHER REVIEWS WERE NOT SO KIND TO THE SHOW).

KChenowethfan Profile Photo
KChenowethfan
#157re: The Official Ace Musical Thread
Posted: 10/21/08 at 3:41pm

Broadway bound and broadway tryout are two different things.

"Why do you care what people might say? Why try to fit into their design?" (Side Show)

jennafan
#158re: The Official Ace Musical Thread
Posted: 10/22/08 at 4:06am

What is the difference between Broadway Bound and Broadway try-out? To be honest, "Broadway Bound" sounds like it's a for sure thing.

This show was heavily advertised at the Signature theatre as Broadway Bound.

I guess the bad reviews killed it. I loved the show, but I don't think it would do good at all on Broadway (especially with bad economy.)

somuchtodo
#159re: The Official Ace Musical Thread
Posted: 4/10/09 at 8:50pm

The 25th annual Helen Hays Awards will be presented Monday night.
Good luck to the nominees from ACE:

Eric Schaeffer - Outstanding Director, Resident Musical
Jill Paice - Outstanding Lead Actress, Resident Musical
Angelina Kelly - Outstanding Supporting Actress, Resident Musical
Christiane Noll - Outstanding Supporting Actress, Resident Musical

and...
Ace: The New Musical Adventure - Outstanding Resident Musical!

kec Profile Photo
kec
#160re: The Official Ace Musical Thread
Posted: 4/10/09 at 9:08pm

I had forgotten all about the awards until I happened to look at Jill's websie the other day.

Videos