9to5 to close Sept. 6

wickedlover94 Profile Photo
wickedlover94
#175re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 8/3/09 at 8:23pm

That would be great! Sadly, Dee Roscioli and who knows who (maybe megan) will be the Elphaba and Glinda on broadway.

"It'a all about Popular!"

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#176re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 8/3/09 at 8:25pm

I'm pretty sure that both Megan Hilty and Stephanie J. Block are above replacing the original actors in mediocre shows like Shrek and Rock of Ages.

So, they're never going back to Wicked, then?

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

AndAllThatJazz22
#177re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 8/3/09 at 8:26pm

blaxx is going to marry me, he just doesn't know it yet.

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."
-Danmeg's 10 year old son.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#178re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 8/3/09 at 8:27pm

I don't understand why he's shocked that it's closing before N2N? Critically N2N has far surpassed 9to5, audiences have embraced it, and it's making money.

Oh...and it was nominated for a lot of Tony awards...and actually won some.

The Tony race between Wicked and Ave Q is one that was actually won correctly. Ave Q was/is a better show. It's one you can't take the family to, but c'est la vie. (Although on Sunday, there was a family there and the kids could NOT have been older than 10....I was horrified.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

wickedlover94
#179re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 8/3/09 at 8:29pm

I don't think they were ever going to return. Atleast not SJB. Megan maybe, shes done it for so long, and gone to and from it so many times

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#180re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 8/3/09 at 8:33pm

Jazz, I'll marry you if you make him stop!

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#181re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 8/3/09 at 8:35pm

Are children running this place tonight?

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#182re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 8/3/09 at 8:37pm

No.. Only one user that doesn't know what she is talking about and a bunch of people correctimg her.

AndAllThatJazz22
#183re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 8/3/09 at 8:39pm

blaxx
I sent him a very nice PM advising him to edit his posts when he makes typos. re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."

backwoodsbarbie Profile Photo
backwoodsbarbie
#184re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 8/3/09 at 8:40pm

I wasnt saying Stephanie or Megan would ever return to Wicked, that would be a step backwards for both of them. I was merely suggesting that it would be amazing to see their chemistry together in the show, not insinuating that it would actually happen.

http://backstagebarbie.blogspot.com

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#185re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 8/3/09 at 8:40pm

Nice! Now we just need to exorcise the Wicked out of him and we're in better shape.

AndAllThatJazz22
#186re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 8/3/09 at 8:42pm

And I sent him a PM recommending some great cast recordings (Hair, Company, and Into the Woods. I also told him to never call a 'Cast Recording' a 'Soundtrack'). He's actually a really nice fellah.

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#187re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 8/3/09 at 8:43pm

I don't understand the HUGE hype around Wicked. An extremely OVERRATED show. Why are there so many people on this board like obsessed with this show?!

Anyway, Meghan is too good to keep on reprising a role. She should find a good role that suits her Updated On: 8/3/09 at 08:43 PM

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#188re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 8/3/09 at 8:46pm

The show targets the weak minded.

The producers of 9 to 5 probably thought that by casting Wicked alumni the zombies would follow. Sadly, only they followed.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#189re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 8/3/09 at 8:48pm

I don't understand the HUGE hype around Wicked. An extremely OVERRATED show. Why are there so many people on this board like obsessed with this show?!

That's rich coming from a fan of THe Little Mermaid. Sort of the pot calling the kettle black, no?

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#190re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 8/3/09 at 8:51pm

Well it seems like only people on here don't like The Little Mermaid because all of my friends and family that have seen it have loved it... And I really don't care anymore because once August 31st comes it will be gone and there will be no other threads about the show until the tour details emerge next year.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#191re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 8/3/09 at 8:53pm

K.

AndAllThatJazz22
#192re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 8/3/09 at 8:55pm

Why is it that when someone likes a show that is unpopular on the boards, they are treated like morons. Unless they refuse to open their mind and appreciate other shows, there is no reason to treat them like they're 'tards.

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#193re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 8/3/09 at 8:58pm

Because people think they are th supreme overlord. And if thats targeted at me, I didn't treat anyone like ****.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#194re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 8/3/09 at 9:05pm

Why is it that when someone likes a show that is unpopular on the boards, they are treated like morons. Unless they refuse to open their mind and appreciate other shows, there is no reason to treat them like they're 'tards.

I remember a couple of years ago when this message board was severely threatened by fans of those type of shows.

They begin posting randomly and very often, if we weren't strict about it, this would be a Wicked forum by now.

There is a reason why the FAQ of the message board has almost 10 questions dedicated to Wicked and Wicked obsessed fans - they are usually very young and can't see past that.

backwoodsbarbie Profile Photo
backwoodsbarbie
#195re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 8/3/09 at 9:14pm

On a slightly different note...why aren't producers starting to get the picture that movies generally dont work well as musicals? If 9 to 5 failed, there is very little hope for Catch Me If You Can or First Wives Club. Can somebody please come up with an original musical, is that too much to ask? Thank god for Next To Normal, Broadway's breath of fresh air.

http://backstagebarbie.blogspot.com

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#196re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 8/3/09 at 9:23pm

Umm... I for one believe that Catch Me If You Can is gonna be a mega-hit

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#197re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 8/3/09 at 9:34pm

Seeing how many HAVE worked, it's not that simple. as we've said millions of times....MOST musicals are based on SOMETHING else...books, plays, movies.

I think the difference is bringing something fresh to it, something new.

If you just "plop" the story on stage with added music isn't going to cut it alone.

I'm actually looking forward to CMIYC; but not at all to FWC.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

wickedlover94
#198re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 8/3/09 at 9:43pm

There's something about Wicked that hooks people, like myself. But I've seen so many other shows and love them!

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#199re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 8/3/09 at 9:43pm

whoz ur fave efaba?

Videos