News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

dissapointed idina @ stagedoor- Page 8

dissapointed idina @ stagedoor

SamIAm Profile Photo
SamIAm
#175Hairspray
Posted: 12/30/04 at 8:44am

idinarox: All I can say is what I've said before. The fact that you and others are SO concerned with getting her autograph and feel it is your god-given right to see a performer at the stage door is really sad in light of what she and her husband are going through with death threts and stalkers. I would think you'd understand her hesitance to come out even if you DON'T get that maybe she was just tired or had something else to do.

She owes you nothing other than a good performance. And your disappointment presumes that you had a right to expect her to be there in the first place...just because you paid for the ticket. Do you expect to see a movie actor waiting outside the United Artists cinema for you to emerge from his movie? NO...

just because this is live theater doesn't mean that actor is obligated to spend his or her life greeting fans. If they choose to and are up to it...be grateful for the opportunity to see them and be respectful and brief.

Of course, we've said all this before without results so why am I wasting my breath?

"Life is a lesson in humility"

idinaroxmysox6 Profile Photo
idinaroxmysox6
#176Hairspray
Posted: 12/31/04 at 9:45am

WOOOW! o i never said that she owed me an autograph!! um 1 else did and i said the same exact hting 2 them a few pages back!

Morrible: Yes, yes, of course! Oh, You must be Miss Nessarose, the governor's daughter. What a tragically beautiful face you have! Sees Elphaba, snorts...And you must be. Elphaba: I'm the other daughter. Elphaba. I'm beautifully tragic. Morrible: Yes, yes, I'm sure you're very bright. Galinda: Bright? She's phosphorescent. i love wicked!

idinaroxmysox6 Profile Photo
idinaroxmysox6
#177Hairspray
Posted: 12/31/04 at 9:49am

i saw hairspray last summer... and acuallydidn likeit..i mean it was alright but nothing special to rave about. but like every body loves it whenever they see it and come to ny on vacation or smthin.. it was just ok...

Morrible: Yes, yes, of course! Oh, You must be Miss Nessarose, the governor's daughter. What a tragically beautiful face you have! Sees Elphaba, snorts...And you must be. Elphaba: I'm the other daughter. Elphaba. I'm beautifully tragic. Morrible: Yes, yes, I'm sure you're very bright. Galinda: Bright? She's phosphorescent. i love wicked!

ilovemattyfresh2
#178Hairspray
Posted: 12/31/04 at 3:44pm

I was seeing Wicked over the summer for like my millionth time. Me and my friends waited at the stage-door BEFORE the show, so there were only like 4 of us there. I don't think the actors are obligated to sign autographs by any means, but you'd think that with so few people waiting you'd get at least a hello. Well, we waited and waited, and one of the ensemble members rode up on her bike and couldn't get the stage door open while holding her bike, so i ran over and held the door for her. In the meanwhile, Idina ran by and slipped through the door (that i was holding!) right past my friends hellos. She actually like ran. And seriously there were only a few of us; she could have at least said "hi," you know? Whatever. I was just a bit disappointed.

InTheMoney Profile Photo
InTheMoney
#179Hairspray
Posted: 12/31/04 at 4:38pm

"Me and my friends waited at the stage-door BEFORE the show, so there were only like 4 of us there. I don't think the actors are obligated to sign autographs by any means, but you'd think that with so few people waiting you'd get at least a hello."

Why? Would you like to be stopped on your way to work?

Look at it from their point of view. Ok, you may have only wanted a hello, but Idina doesn't know that. Consider the sort of fans she had, the fact that (I'll say it again) she has had a stalker write threatening letters to her. She doesn't know that you're not going to hold her up for half an hour or more demanding photos, signatures, conversation etc. She may have been late, or stressed out. Or (Heaven forbid!) she may just have wanted to get into work.

I'm sorry, but why should you moan because she didn't say "hello"? SO WHAT???? Did it really ruin your day? (Actually, don't answer that!)

Videos