pixeltracker

Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread.- Page 9

Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#200Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/26/07 at 10:55pm

You weren't hallucinating.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#201Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/26/07 at 10:58pm

I thought they did that to make them seem "younger" for the act.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

uhkthxbye2 Profile Photo
uhkthxbye2
#202Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/26/07 at 11:05pm

Is that why they did it? I don't know - it was seriously distracting, especially juxtaposed against (with?) the voices of the guys who didn't falsetto. I loved everything in the production except that. And the creepy lamb that still haunts my dreams.

Gangway, world, get off of my runway.
- Mama Rose, Gypsy

A bird cage I plan to hang,
I'll get to that someday...
A bird cage for a bird who flew away
Around the world.
- Edie, Grey Gardens

ahmelie Profile Photo
ahmelie
#203Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/27/07 at 11:36am

Holy SH*T.

That's all I've got to say.

This production is amazing, and Patti blew me away. I'm with Ray in that I didn't really like Some People (I was silently freaking out "Oh my God, am I not going to like Patti as Mama Rose? This can't happen") but everything else was so perfect!
Her acting is unbelievable and her voice is wonderful as well. Watching her face after she read the letter from June, oh my god. And I could feel my heart pounding in my throat after Rose's Turn. My blood was racing, she was fantastic!

The rest of the cast was great as well, of the supporting cast, I thought Leigh Ann Larkin was beyond fabulous! Her Dainty June was divine. If one person were to transfer with London with Patti, I would want it to be her. I don't want to see Dainty June played like an idiot ever again!

Boyd Gaines and Laura Benanti were also wonderful. Benanti was so convincing as the younger Louise and Boyd Gaines was chill-inducing in the scene where he leaves Rose.

And Marilyn Caskey was HYSTERICAL as Electra! Fraser's lines were perfect, and Opel was great as Cratchitt but Caskey nearly stole the whole show!

Theatre is a safe place to do the unsafe things that need to be done. -John Patrick Shanley

wonderfulwizard11
#204Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/27/07 at 11:39am

Yay! Glad you liked it!

I might disagree with you on Some People though. I thouhgt it was better than Everything's Coming Roses. Maybe I'm just odd...

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

RockabyeHamlet
#205Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/27/07 at 11:43am

Question, does Baby June usually do the majority of her act en pointe? Because as someone who can barely walk down a flight of stairs without falling on her face, I found that very impressive.

"I wouldn't let Esparza's Bobby take my kids to the zoo...I'd be afraid he'd steal their ice cream and laugh."- YankeeFan
"People who like Sondheim enjoy cruelty."-LuvtheEmcee

ahmelie Profile Photo
ahmelie
#206Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/27/07 at 11:45am

Only the Baby June and her Newsboys Bit is she en pointe, for the first Let Me Entertain You, she isn't.

Theatre is a safe place to do the unsafe things that need to be done. -John Patrick Shanley

WaltSummersPI Profile Photo
WaltSummersPI
#207Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/27/07 at 11:47am

Patti's "Some People" is one of my favorite things about this production.

#208Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/27/07 at 11:54am

whats not to like?!?

logan0215 Profile Photo
logan0215
#209Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/27/07 at 11:56am

I was there Tuesday as well and loved when someone yelled "turn it off."

Audiences suck. Period.

P.S. I LOVE the falsetto thing, it cracks me up. Lighten up

I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America. [turns and winks directly into the camera] - Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) on 30 Rock

RockabyeHamlet
#210Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/27/07 at 11:58am

Logan, I love your avatar with a bloody passion.

"I wouldn't let Esparza's Bobby take my kids to the zoo...I'd be afraid he'd steal their ice cream and laugh."- YankeeFan
"People who like Sondheim enjoy cruelty."-LuvtheEmcee

ahmelie Profile Photo
ahmelie
#211Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/27/07 at 12:13pm

Oh, and Duncan Sheik and Steven Sater were both at Gypsy last night. Also, in the row in front of me there was a guy I'm sure I've seen in a few BWW videos, but I didn't know his name.

C is for Company
#212Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/27/07 at 5:10pm

Richie Ridge?

wonderfulwizard11
#213Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/27/07 at 5:14pm

Ken Kleiber?

#214Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/28/07 at 9:25am

HELP!
does anyone know the color of Leigh Ann Larkin's eyes?

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#215Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/28/07 at 11:52am

Purple. Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!

Not sure, but I can't wait to see your artwork for GYPSY!

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird
Updated On: 7/28/07 at 11:52 AM

glimpseofstocking Profile Photo
glimpseofstocking
#216Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/29/07 at 11:21pm

Anybody there for closing night?

There wouldn't be lights bright enough!

Undeniably Bway Profile Photo
Undeniably Bway
#217Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/29/07 at 11:38pm

It was a wonderful performance and the audience was fantastic. The only thing that was more fabulous than Patti's thunderous ovation at the end..... was Stephen Sondheim's and Arthur Laurent's when they hit the stage at the end. It was incredible. The appreciation that the audience had for the entire company overwhelmed even the cast. Patti took a camera and took pics of the audience at the end. The ovation went on for a very long time.

A lovely evening at the theatre Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!

She grew up tall - she grew up right.

#218Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/29/07 at 11:41pm

i was there tonight!
it was joy!!! the curtain call applause went for ten minutes, with sondheim & laurents joining the cast onstage!
the kids in the cast were goin nuts, dancing & having fun! people were showering the stage with roses! patti was laughing, picking up the roses & handing them to the the cast. laura benanti & leigh ann larkin were crying. someone brought patti a camera & she took photos of the audience!

PEOPLE LOVED THIS PRODUCTION!!!!

glimpseofstocking
#219Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/29/07 at 11:47pm

Ahhhh! Glad to hear that it had such a magnificent closing performance. And Patti taking pictures of the audience! How fun! I'm so jealous of all of you who saw it tonight.

More stories, please!! I miss it already

FindingNamo
#220Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/30/07 at 12:00am

*skulks around on street corner hoping for free ticket. doesn't get one. sees deb monk walking down the street and into theater. squats. piddles.*

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Dollypop
#221Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/30/07 at 12:30am

Yes, Debra Monk was there tonight, along with Edward Hibbert, Kirsten Johnson, Harriet Harris and Barbara Walters.

It was the third time I saw this production and it was the most astonishing performance of the three. The applause at the beginning of almost every number, the enthusiastic reception of the comic lines, Patti's singing..... =all of it was phenominal. Also, Patti's insistance that the curtain not come down is usually an indication that the show will live on. At least it was when Merman played the final performance of DOLLY.

Visited with Patti and Boyd backstage--it was mobbed! The line leading to Patti's dressing room was so long it was like waiting to have your confession heard during Holy Week.

What a night!

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

glimpseofstocking
#223Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/30/07 at 9:08am

^That is fantastic!

WaltSummersPI Profile Photo
WaltSummersPI
#224Bad Gigolos! - the Official GYPSY love thread!
Posted: 7/30/07 at 9:24am

I'd have to say last night was my least favorite time there of this production (the audienc was full of screamers who insisted on cheering THROUGH songs), and Patti seemed to be the only one really into it last night, but boy was she on fire. And the curtain call was amazing.

Videos