Pennywise2
#25re: Diana Degarmo Stepping into the Toxic Avenger
Posted: 7/15/09 at 11:53pm

He is on vacation until Friday.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#26re: Diana Degarmo Stepping into the Toxic Avenger
Posted: 7/16/09 at 12:10am

Oh, good to know. So I should try for tomm. Thanks!

Mateo2
#27re: Diana Degarmo Stepping into the Toxic Avenger
Posted: 7/16/09 at 11:45pm

This is great news that Diana is coming back to NYC. "The Toxic Avenger" is a great medium for her to not only show off her voice but her knack for physical comedy. I went out to LA to see Diana in "Back To Bacharach and David" and the talk was that they were going to bring the show back to Off-Broadway, with Diana, so this announcement was a bit of a surprise to me. Another surprise is that Diana is going to be a blond once again. But both are very pleasant surprises and I'm sure this show will be another feather in Diana's cap.

Diana has been doing quite a bit of musical theater this year but this has not stopped her from writing and performing, her own songs, in the Nashville area. In fact one of the songs that Diana has co-written,is on hold in consideration to be recorded. The song is called "I Taught You To Love Her".

"The secret of life is to appreciate the pleasure of being terribly, terribly deceived". Oscar Wilde, A Woman of No Importance, Act 3
Updated On: 7/16/09 at 11:45 PM

raggballad2 Profile Photo
raggballad2
#28re: Diana Degarmo Stepping into the Toxic Avenger
Posted: 7/17/09 at 12:37pm

Do you think this is going to make it harder to rush Toxic (do they still do rush?)? I'm excited, I think I'm seeing her second or third show if I can get tickets!

TheAppleTree
#29re: Diana Degarmo Stepping into the Toxic Avenger
Posted: 8/11/09 at 10:55am

Will anyone from here be going to see The Toxic Avenger this weekend? I'd love to hear the initial impressions of Diana's Sarah.

She's blogging on the Toxiefans.com site ( http://toxiefans.com/profile/DianaDeGarmo207?xg_source=profiles_memberList ) about the rehearsal process. There is also a new Theatermania interview

here. Updated On: 8/11/09 at 10:55 AM

ABoyLikeThat
#30re: Diana Degarmo Stepping into the Toxic Avenger
Posted: 8/12/09 at 7:02am

Looking forward to seeing Diana in this, she is hilarious. She's pretty much admitting she's going to be the curviest and probably shortest Sarah too.

broadwayboy1017
#31re: Diana Degarmo Stepping into the Toxic Avenger
Posted: 8/16/09 at 12:17am

I saw her on Friday night-

All i have to say is that she was so much better than I expected. Her voice is just amazing, and she gives the role a whole new side. She brought some of her own attributes to the part. She plays it so amazing.

She did seem a bit nervous being that it was her first night, but she did great.

I loved the american idol joke in the show.

I think the biggest highlight in the show was when she sang "My Big French Boyfriend"... she amazing, you all really need to go out and see her in it. She shouldn't be missed. She is truly a leading lady!

Parks
#32re: Diana Degarmo Stepping into the Toxic Avenger
Posted: 8/16/09 at 12:18am

I can't wait to see her! How long is she in the show? She needs to originate a role on Broadway. Glad to hear you liked her!! :)

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#33re: Diana Degarmo Stepping into the Toxic Avenger
Posted: 8/16/09 at 12:25am

^Well I know she was suppose to be in the revival of Godspell but it got postponed so I would imagine she would be in the show until something comes up for her.

#34re: Diana Degarmo Stepping into the Toxic Avenger
Posted: 8/16/09 at 12:46am

Can't wait to see her. And pretty sure Godspell's not "postponed", it's done.

siny
#35re: Diana Degarmo Stepping into the Toxic Avenger
Posted: 8/16/09 at 1:45am

I saw her at the 4 PM Saturday show and I thought she was great. She is so funny - I can't think of any other current actress on Broadway who has comedic talents equal to Diana's. I enjoyed the show very much, but that kind of humor is right up my alley. I was there with my husband and my friend. My husband did not like the show and my friend did. So, it's not for everyone.

I was also very impressed with the rest of the cast. To play so many characters and to do such a good job with all of them, requires a lot of talent and they certainly have it.

I was not happy that the venue was only about 2/3 full on a Saturday (and the actors even joked about it). This play certainly deserves to have a long run.

Marie2
#36re: Diana Degarmo Stepping into the Toxic Avenger
Posted: 8/16/09 at 2:10am

Diana IS excellent in comedic roles. I'm glad she was able to come out swinging with a good debut performance, despite her nerves. I'll be seeing her in a few weeks and I'm sure she'll have the role down pat by then.

ABoyLikeThat
#37re: Diana Degarmo Stepping into the Toxic Avenger
Posted: 8/16/09 at 10:26am

Parks, as of right now Diana's contracted for about 3 months. I do hope she gets a leading role on Broadway in 2010. I'm waiting for the right comedic role to come along for her.

broadwayboy1017
#38re: Diana Degarmo Stepping into the Toxic Avenger
Posted: 8/16/09 at 11:15am

Everyone really needs to see her in this.

I hope that Diana can help keep the show alive.

Amanda15
#39re: Diana Degarmo Stepping into the Toxic Avenger
Posted: 8/16/09 at 4:57pm

This role seemed perfect for her and I'm glad that's proving to be the case. I hope to see it and I'll bet "Choose Me, Oprah" and "My Big French Boyfriend" will be hilarious in her hands.

BwayBoundJoe Profile Photo
BwayBoundJoe
#40re: Diana Degarmo Stepping into the Toxic Avenger
Posted: 8/16/09 at 7:39pm

Whats this about a rush?

Formally Stews_Bitch::: Shows in the 2010 Season for me. 101 Dalmations tour - Jan 24th, Xanadu Tour - Mar 9th and 10th, Wicked - May 14th, Legally Blonde - June 12th:::::::Upcoming - South Pacific, Young Frankinstein (Two Cities) Rock of Ages (Two Cities) Shrek (3 Cities) Les Mis, DreamGirls, Spring Awakening, Color Purple, and 9 to 5!

i am the one Profile Photo
i am the one
#41re: Diana Degarmo Stepping into the Toxic Avenger
Posted: 8/16/09 at 7:49pm

I have been dying to see Diana in ANYTHING since I missed her in Hairspray. I'm so glad I have another chance to hear her voice in person!

Eager to catch her during 20at20!! :P

Everywhere like such as.
Updated On: 8/16/09 at 07:49 PM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#42re: Diana Degarmo Stepping into the Toxic Avenger
Posted: 8/16/09 at 7:51pm

I was at Toxic last Monday. The place was sold out. (Granted, not too much else playing on a Monday night.) I had a great time, as did the other gals I was with.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

PastorErnst Profile Photo
PastorErnst
#43re: Diana Degarmo Stepping into the Toxic Avenger
Posted: 8/16/09 at 8:51pm

So... I guess waiting to buy tickets until the day of is a bad idea...?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#44re: Diana Degarmo Stepping into the Toxic Avenger
Posted: 8/16/09 at 9:09pm

We only got ours, using the discount code from BWW the day before. Depending on which day you go, I would think you might be ok.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

RentBoy86
#45re: Diana Degarmo Stepping into the Toxic Avenger
Posted: 8/17/09 at 12:54am

I'm so happy to hear the show is still selling well! It deserves a nice long run!

broadwayboy1017
#46re: Diana Degarmo Stepping into the Toxic Avenger
Posted: 8/17/09 at 10:27am

Has anyone else seen the show this weekend?

I can't wait to see Diana grow into the role, she really looks like she is loving it!

I will definitley be going abck again this week to see her!

jaesdare Profile Photo
jaesdare
#47re: Diana Degarmo Stepping into the Toxic Avenger
Posted: 8/17/09 at 12:42pm

Nick Cordero looks really pissed in all those new pics with Diana! I wonder why. Or is it just my impression?

raggballad2 Profile Photo
raggballad2
#48re: Diana Degarmo Stepping into the Toxic Avenger
Posted: 8/18/09 at 12:35am

I just saw Toxie on Saturday, 3pm show that I rushed at 2:30. With student I'd, I got two tickets row K center. Awesome. The theatre was probably a bit more than 2/3 full with the backs empty, but I definitely deserves a bigger audience. The entire cast, especially Diana, just rocked it, and it was such a fun show to see! Her voice was just POWERFUL and she looked like she was loving it. Perfect fit. We also had Nancy Opel's understudy, and though I was disqppoited at first, I loved her performance. Erin Leigh peck I think? Her bitch/s***/liar/w**** was hilarious, and though it was tough to hear some of her (and others) lnes over theloud music I thought the show as just great. I would definitely recommend catching it while Diana's here!

RentBoy86
#49re: Diana Degarmo Stepping into the Toxic Avenger
Posted: 8/18/09 at 12:47am

Any word on if any of the cast members are going to be out? I saw the show with the Original Cast, and I wouldn't mind seeing a few understudies or a different "Toxy."