pixeltracker

The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread- Page 14

The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread

novel idea
#325re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 8/20/09 at 7:50pm

Guess since Brian Stokes Mitchell will be doing concerts throughout November and December around the country he's definitely out as Frederick. I remember a few wishing he was a possibilty.

Be on the lookout in the Post as Reidel is rumored to be working on a juicy article regarding Night Music.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#326re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 8/20/09 at 7:52pm

The Kerr marquee has an arrow pointing to the Longacre, so it's just for advertising purposes. I had originally thought, "Wait, are they moving theaters?" when I first saw it.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#327re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 8/20/09 at 8:19pm

Novel Idea, I hope you are right about the Riedel article. I feel like he should have reported about this so long ago, he followed the SOUTH PACIFIC casting process closely. I remember when he first wrote about Maggie Gyllenhall (sp?) and Reese Witherspoon (or was it two different articles?), and apparently the other actresses flipped out. Why has he not reported on this?

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

novel idea
#328re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 9/4/09 at 11:11pm

So, in the Reidel article, he mentioned the producers had a 'Labor Day deadline'.
Well here we are, folks.
What do we think the deadline was for? And should an announcement come next week?
And wheres the Night Music marquis??? And and and and...?

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#329re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 9/5/09 at 12:30am

Haha, novel, I feel we all are anxiously waiting. Riedel basically confirmed Zeta Jones in his column today. Who's our Fredrick though? And when can I get my ticket? Zeta Jones and Lansbury will most likely sell the show out.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#330re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 9/8/09 at 1:27am

Apparently group sales have started!

http://www.matchtix.com/site/listings.php?id=434

I think that's a great sign!

musicaltheatreman
#331re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 9/8/09 at 12:51pm

what happen to kate winslet being in the this production?

novel idea
#332re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 9/8/09 at 1:11pm

Kate was indeed approached months ago, but only was willing to commit 3 months, so that didn't work out.
I just heard that opening night tickets for Night Music will be auctioned off at the Broadway Flea Market!
Another good sign!
I guess it's possible we could wait until the end of October for a cast announcement, since Addams family just announced the DAY they BEGAN rehearsals...?

AEA AGMA SM
#333re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 9/8/09 at 1:23pm

From what some people told me Kate Winslet was out of consideration some time before the rumors of her even began circulating around here. Now, this person told me this well after the fact, so it may just have been further rumor and speculation, but at the same time he is somebody who is actually good about keeping his mouth shut when he's supposed to and understands the whole need for discretion during the casting process.

novel idea
#334re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 9/8/09 at 7:57pm

Definitely some confirmations regarding Night Music, about the Walter Kerr and CSJ:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/09/theater/09theater.html?hp

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#335re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 9/9/09 at 7:08am

I know I'm in the minority, but it really bugs me that CZJ will be playing Desiree.

That being said, I can't stop imagining what a beautiful production it will be, in one of my favorite Broadway houses. Hopefully there's an announcement soon, and there's a strong charismatic supporting cast around CZJ.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

theatreguy Profile Photo
theatreguy
#336re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 9/9/09 at 10:51am

Michael Douglas was on Regis & Kelly this morning and confirmed that his wife will indeed be starring in A Little Night Music this winter.

. . . Just in case there was anyone still in need of confirmation.

ETA: And now I see there's a whole other thread on that. So never mind - carry on . . . Updated On: 9/9/09 at 10:51 AM