TLM corkscrew setpieces

henryt
#1TLM corkscrew setpieces
Posted: 7/21/09 at 10:45pm

Tonight, at TLM, one of the giant corkscrews (for lack of a better name) was missing actors during the whole show. During both Under the Sea and Kiss the Girl, the corkscrew coming from stage right with the arms that come from the top had two actresses, as usual. However, during both songs, the one from stage left with the arms that come from the bottom was empty. I remembered that they both used to be used, and I have found video to back it up from GMA. My questions are if this has been happening for a while and why? During Under the Sea, I originally just thought that they had missed their queue, but I was puzzled when they did not come out during Kiss the Girl either. Does anyone have any answers?

BrianIdol Profile Photo
BrianIdol
#2re: TLM corkscrew setpieces
Posted: 7/21/09 at 10:53pm

I've seen the show several times (all of them when Sherie Rene was still in the show), and there were always actors on both...probably some sort of technical glitch tonight...

teka21
#2re: TLM corkscrew setpieces
Posted: 7/22/09 at 1:33am

The stage left one was missing actors in last Sunday's matinee as well.

dancindramadork
#3re: TLM corkscrew setpieces
Posted: 7/22/09 at 1:47am

I saw it Saturday evening and noticed that as well. I'm not sure why there weren't actors there but I'd be interested to find out!

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#4re: TLM corkscrew setpieces
Posted: 7/22/09 at 1:55am

Probably something happened to the unit to make it unsafe.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#5re: TLM corkscrew setpieces
Posted: 7/22/09 at 2:04am

Meanwhile, "Mary Poppins" was highly enjoyable tonight.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

jagfkb
#6re: TLM corkscrew setpieces
Posted: 7/22/09 at 9:46am

I do know that for the first preview, that same set piece did not appear the entire night as well. i'm a little surpised that something happened again.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#7re: TLM corkscrew setpieces
Posted: 7/22/09 at 9:49am

So wait, you mean to tell me that Disney is having a problem in some form or another with Little Mermaid? Oh no. What a shocker.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Videos