pixeltracker

Is Laura Bell Bundy returning to ROCK OF AGES?- Page 2

Is Laura Bell Bundy returning to ROCK OF AGES?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#25re: Is Laura Bell Bundy returning to ROCK OF AGES?
Posted: 8/15/09 at 1:16am

^While that may be true....wouldn't she have just signed a brand new contract when she took OVER the role a short time ago? (Granted, it could have been a short contract...)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Songsstresss Profile Photo
Songsstresss
#26re: Is Laura Bell Bundy returning to ROCK OF AGES?
Posted: 8/15/09 at 1:46am

When Savannah took over the role full-time she signed a relatively short contract that expires in Sept. She had begun negotiations to renew her contract when she was offered this other role which she has decided to take.

Songsstresss
#27re: Is Laura Bell Bundy returning to ROCK OF AGES?
Posted: 8/15/09 at 1:46am

When Savannah took over the role full-time she signed a relatively short contract that expires in Sept. She had begun negotiations to renew her contract when she was offered this other role which she has decided to take.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#28re: Is Laura Bell Bundy returning to ROCK OF AGES?
Posted: 8/15/09 at 2:02am

Now I'm curious what this other role is. Is it in a new show? Might she be Ragtime's new girl on the swing?
Updated On: 8/15/09 at 02:02 AM

NYTheatre01 Profile Photo
NYTheatre01
#29re: Is Laura Bell Bundy returning to ROCK OF AGES?
Posted: 8/15/09 at 9:32am

Songsstresss...quite interesting that Savannah is not renewing. Do you know when this will be announced?

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#30re: Is Laura Bell Bundy returning to ROCK OF AGES?
Posted: 8/15/09 at 11:58am

I don't think the producers would have renewed Wise's contract anyway, even if she hadn't booked another job.

I'm sure they're hoping to bring in some sort of C-list "name" for Sherrie come the fall (probably along the lines of an ex-American Idol contest.)

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 8/15/09 at 11:58 AM

sr4mjc Profile Photo
sr4mjc
#31re: Is Laura Bell Bundy returning to ROCK OF AGES?
Posted: 8/15/09 at 12:34pm

Hmm.. I wonder who I'll be seeing on Oct 30th ??

Mattbrain
#32re: Is Laura Bell Bundy returning to ROCK OF AGES?
Posted: 8/15/09 at 1:05pm

"I saw LBB the second night of the Nashville tour stop of Legally Blonde. Frist (and last) time I've seen the show, and her voice was...well, not up to par. That could also be from the cast party they had the night before. From what one of the crew told me, she had fun. Who else was in ROA pre-broadway tryout? "

That would not be a surprise to me.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

FlyingMonkey1223 Profile Photo
FlyingMonkey1223
#33re: Is Laura Bell Bundy returning to ROCK OF AGES?
Posted: 8/15/09 at 1:57pm

Poor LBB. I saw her when Legally Blonde did try-outs in San Francisco and her voice was wonderful.

jerseyboyschick2 Profile Photo
jerseyboyschick2
#34re: Is Laura Bell Bundy returning to ROCK OF AGES?
Posted: 8/15/09 at 2:58pm

Im a huge fan of LBB, and Rock of Ages is one of my new favorite shows. But if her voice is as distraught as people have said, I'm not sure I'd want to see her in this.

A little off topic, but I'd love to hear more about this new show Savannah is involved with though.. =)

"You will understand that Bww is a forum that allows Theatre people, Fussy old Queens, and chorus boys of Mama Mia to release their everyday life's frustration by being Snarky, B**chy, and sarcastic." -BwayBoundJoe
Updated On: 8/15/09 at 02:58 PM

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#35re: Is Laura Bell Bundy returning to ROCK OF AGES?
Posted: 8/15/09 at 3:04pm

Same here. I'm really curious as to which show she'll be in.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

Songsstresss
#36re: Is Laura Bell Bundy returning to ROCK OF AGES?
Posted: 8/15/09 at 4:16pm

I was actually surprised when I was told that the producers WERE looking to renew Savannah's contract and apparently she was going to ask for a LOT of money. Who knows if they would have come to an agreement? But she did decide to go with this other project.

somethingwicked
#37re: Is Laura Bell Bundy returning to ROCK OF AGES?
Posted: 8/15/09 at 4:19pm

Really, Songstress?

I'm pretty sure she's on an ensemble contract for her next show (even though it involves a principal role,) so I would presume she'll actually be making less money than she is right now as a bona fide lead.

Interesting.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Updated On: 8/15/09 at 04:19 PM

broadwayguy2
#38re: Is Laura Bell Bundy returning to ROCK OF AGES?
Posted: 8/15/09 at 4:21pm

somethingwicked, principals and ensemble members have the same base salary.. there is NO different.

somethingwicked
#39re: Is Laura Bell Bundy returning to ROCK OF AGES?
Posted: 8/15/09 at 4:43pm

I'm aware.

What I mean is that her next role is smaller than the one she's playing now, so if money was an issue in terms of her staying with ROCK OF AGES, she'll undoubtably have much less room for bargaining with the show she's about to go into.

Updated On: 8/15/09 at 04:43 PM

FlyingMonkey1223 Profile Photo
FlyingMonkey1223
#40re: Is Laura Bell Bundy returning to ROCK OF AGES?
Posted: 8/15/09 at 4:58pm

If she is the lead female in ROA she would be getting paid more then being an ensemble member who understudies a lead in her next show. And when she goes on as the character she understudies, she will get a pay bonus. At least that is my understanding.

somethingwicked
#41re: Is Laura Bell Bundy returning to ROCK OF AGES?
Posted: 8/15/09 at 5:01pm

That's how it works, but she's not understudying in her next show.

Songsstresss
#42re: Is Laura Bell Bundy returning to ROCK OF AGES?
Posted: 8/15/09 at 5:23pm

I don't pressume to know all the details of her salary with either show, so I have no idea if she will or will not be taking a pay cut when she leaves RoA. I just know she has decided to take the other show.

BwayBoundJoe Profile Photo
BwayBoundJoe
#43re: Is Laura Bell Bundy returning to ROCK OF AGES?
Posted: 8/15/09 at 5:36pm

WHAT SHOW??! lol, sorry.

Formally Stews_Bitch::: Shows in the 2010 Season for me. 101 Dalmations tour - Jan 24th, Xanadu Tour - Mar 9th and 10th, Wicked - May 14th, Legally Blonde - June 12th:::::::Upcoming - South Pacific, Young Frankinstein (Two Cities) Rock of Ages (Two Cities) Shrek (3 Cities) Les Mis, DreamGirls, Spring Awakening, Color Purple, and 9 to 5!

NYTheatre01 Profile Photo
NYTheatre01
#44re: Is Laura Bell Bundy returning to ROCK OF AGES?
Posted: 8/15/09 at 11:09pm

Yes, it is amazing that someone knows she is leaving ROA and is at liberty to give us that information, but can't tell us what show she is going to...lol!

lstbutifulgrl2
#45re: Is Laura Bell Bundy returning to ROCK OF AGES?
Posted: 8/16/09 at 12:09am

spoke to Savannah today she confirmed that she is leaving. re: Is Laura Bell Bundy returning to ROCK OF AGES?

"Sometimes on the strip, the dreams you come in with, ain't the dreams you leave with" ~Rock of Ages
"I'm a butterfly, trivial and small, and in the greater scheme of things, I don't mean much at all." ~The Story of My Life
"Forget Regret, or life is yours to miss." ~Rent

broadwayguy2
#46re: Is Laura Bell Bundy returning to ROCK OF AGES?
Posted: 8/16/09 at 4:27am

Ensemble in some shows make more than the leads in other shows. Ensemble also offers more job security. Not to mentioned that she would get more press and recognition for originating a role in a production instead of replacing a stuck up third rate diva only stayed in a show long enough to get the press, do the publicity and perform on the Tonys, before leaving her much better understudy to assume the role and be the work horse.

FlowerGirlsRule Profile Photo
FlowerGirlsRule
#47re: Is Laura Bell Bundy returning to ROCK OF AGES?
Posted: 8/16/09 at 5:25am

Ouch broadwayguy2. I would say Ms. Spanger definitely rates at least 2nd in the Diva Department. Anyway, Songstress seems to be singing a truthful tune. Producers know the role of Sherrie is demanding...they've auditioned every girl on the block...and think the better work horse is like, totally awesome...but she wanted too much ($)dough($) and had to go. to another show. Laura Bell Bundy said NO?

LoveIsCompany
#48re: Is Laura Bell Bundy returning to ROCK OF AGES?
Posted: 8/16/09 at 6:12am

I'm just going to pipe in here as someone who went in for the role myself... it's a KILLER on one's voice. I'm classically trained, and I was talking with other girls who either had my background (which means that we can typically do pop/rock belt *safely* and don't really scream it) or those who had just mainly experience in rock work, and it really just sits in a horrible place for your voice no matter what your background is. I personally know of a few *names* who turned down Sherrie just because of how they knew it would affect their voice in the coming months after rehearsing/performing. I'm not a personal fan of Amy's after having worked with her in a few instances, but I really strongly believe she left due to vocal health issues. I can't stress enough how much that style wares on your voice and how real the threat of nodes can be. I know Savannah and she comes from a more trained background and has very good technique, so I was relieved when she booked it. She's really going to show her versatility in this new role she's taking on in the fall, quite a 180 from Rock of Ages!

Songsstresss
#50re: Is Laura Bell Bundy returning to ROCK OF AGES?
Posted: 8/16/09 at 5:57pm

Yeah, it looks like everyone knows. She'll be Evelyn in Ragtime. I don't know Savannah personally and didn't know if or when this news would come out so I didn't want to be the one to spill the beans if for some reason she didn't want it to be known. Updated On: 8/17/09 at 05:57 PM