pixeltracker

Next To Normal on TDF. A seating question

Next To Normal on TDF. A seating question

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#1Next To Normal on TDF. A seating question
Posted: 9/3/09 at 8:25pm

I just got three tickets to Next To Normal for Monday via TDF. I know that last time around they were on there there was talk of multiple person parties being separated. Does anyone know of anything like that happening this time around?

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

musicalbluemirror Profile Photo
musicalbluemirror
#2re: Next To Normal on TDF. A seating question
Posted: 9/3/09 at 8:31pm

A few weeks back I purchased 6 tickets and we were all together
Our seats were in the third to last row of the orch and on the sides
They weren't bad at all except u miss the beginning of I'm alive
During intermission we moved to the center because the last 4 rows center were empty

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2re: Next To Normal on TDF. A seating question
Posted: 9/3/09 at 8:32pm

The note about being seperated is on the website when you buy the tix...if there was no message, you will most likely be together.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

TonyVincent Profile Photo
TonyVincent
#3re: Next To Normal on TDF. A seating question
Posted: 9/3/09 at 9:21pm

I feel like that's pretty rare. I went a few Mondays ago and sat together in a party of 3, although it was in the last row of the orchestra in the corner. Still enjoyed it.

mormonophobic Profile Photo
mormonophobic
#4re: Next To Normal on TDF. A seating question
Posted: 10/22/09 at 10:00pm

So I was going to start a whole new thread about this and instead used the search (yes, it DOES work) and found this thread, oddly enough started on my birthday. My question is more the quality of seats TDF offers. I've never seen Next to Normal before (though I've been following the show's progress since before it came to Broadway) and I'm just wondering what the TDF seats are like. Or is it entirely random based on availability? I know the poster said their seats were third to last row of the orchestra on the sides, but is this usual? I've only been to the Booth one either time (to see Story Of My Life) and although I remember it being quite intimate I don't know if it's worth getting the seats on TDF or if I should just try something else.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I know these sort of seating threads are regarded the same way as "Who will play Glinda in the Wicked movie?" threads, but some patience would be so nice. I don't live in New York, so when I go there I'd like to make it worth the while (especially with a show I've been looking forward to as much as this. Thanks again.

justxbreathe Profile Photo
justxbreathe
#5re: Next To Normal on TDF. A seating question
Posted: 10/22/09 at 10:38pm

The one time I bought TDF tickets for Next to Normal the seats were in the back of the orchestra all the way on the left side. It wasn't bad at all. As someone else posted, the only thing you miss is the beginning of "I'm Alive." TDF tickets in general are random and subject to availability. When I saw The Apple Tree through TDF, I was in the rear mezzanine on the right, but when I saw Speed The Plow through TDF, I was front row of the orchestra on the left side. You never know for sure what you're going to get.

I hope that helps :)
Updated On: 10/22/09 at 10:38 PM

trombonist
#6re: Next To Normal on TDF. A seating question
Posted: 10/22/09 at 11:45pm

I can safely say that your tdf tickets will NOT be front row...those are lottery seats. You could be in the mezzanine or in the back of the orchestra - likely on the side.

This is one case where if seeing a show is very important to you, use the discount codes out there or just pay full price.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#7re: Next To Normal on TDF. A seating question
Posted: 10/23/09 at 4:20am

You are right that the theater is small and there aren't too many bad seats. the number of times you are limited to seeing the third floor are incredibly limited....and there aren't too many seat affected, anyway.

It's a matter of which is more important to you: price or proximity. There are other discount codes out there....and you could find out that they won't cover seats that are any better/closer anyway.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

mormonophobic Profile Photo
mormonophobic
#8re: Next To Normal on TDF. A seating question
Posted: 10/23/09 at 2:14pm

Thank you all for your various input(s). I decided not to risk it for this show and just went with a discount code. Well worth it since I've been waiting to see this for quite some time. Kind of wish they were still doing rush since I would have just gotten there super early, but oh well. Thanks again.

Videos