Stokes video

SuttonFan Profile Photo
SuttonFan
#1Stokes video
Posted: 10/23/09 at 8:35pm

Did you all see this video of Stokes singing "Through Heaven's Eyes" with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir? LOVE IT!

https://www.broadwayworld.com/videoplay.cfm?colid=78866

"Champagne makes me drowsy!"

WORDS TO LIVE BY:

As we stumble along on life's funny journey. As we stumble along into the blue. We look here and we look there, seeking answers anywhere. Never sure of where to turn or what to do.

Still we bumble our way through life's crazy labyrinth. Barely knowing left from right nor right from wrong. And the best that we can do is hope a blue bird, will sing his song as we stumble along.

BroadwayBound92 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound92
#2re: Stokes video
Posted: 10/23/09 at 8:45pm

I just love this song! So beautiful! Brian is the only person I can see singing this.

luvbrdway
#2re: Stokes video
Posted: 10/23/09 at 8:54pm

I went to this concert last year. It was incredible. Mo Tab - not bad back up singers. This year their guest is Natalie Cole. Can't wait!

SuttonFan Profile Photo
SuttonFan
#3re: Stokes video
Posted: 10/23/09 at 10:02pm

Yah I was there, too. GREAT concert. I loved "New Words" as well. I've heard him sing it before, but I hear this is the first time it's on a CD.

Audra Mccdonald sang with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir as well a few years back, and that was amazing as well. Maybe they'll get Marin Mazzie too, so they can have all the great singers from the original Ragtime Broadway cast.

WORDS TO LIVE BY:

As we stumble along on life's funny journey. As we stumble along into the blue. We look here and we look there, seeking answers anywhere. Never sure of where to turn or what to do.

Still we bumble our way through life's crazy labyrinth. Barely knowing left from right nor right from wrong. And the best that we can do is hope a blue bird, will sing his song as we stumble along.

James2 Profile Photo
James2
#4re: Stokes video
Posted: 10/23/09 at 11:30pm

Should DreamWorks stage Prince of Egypt, I hope Stokes can play Jethro again. If not him, then maybe Norm Lewis.

My avatar = A screencap from Avatar, arguably the greatest animated show of all

Jennifer Lynn
#5re: Stokes video
Posted: 10/23/09 at 11:37pm

There are no words for how wonderful this man's voice is.

But I also got a huge kick out of the camera focusing on the one girl happily lip-synching the lyrics. I can relate--that's one of my favorite songs off the Prince of Egypt soundtrack too!

Anyone figure that poor girl's family is going to trot out this video at EVERY family gathering in the future?

Schmerg_The_Impaler Profile Photo
Schmerg_The_Impaler
#6re: Stokes video
Posted: 10/23/09 at 11:37pm

The Prince of Egypt has such beautiful music. Though personally my favorite song from the movie is "The Plagues" (the one with Ralph Fiennes singing).

In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy

luvbrdway
#7re: Stokes video
Posted: 10/24/09 at 10:02am

I've been to the past 6 Mo Tab Christmas concerts. It just wouldn't be Christmas without them. Brian Stokes Mitchell sang "The Impossible Dream" as an encore on Sunday morning - thought I'd died and gone to heaven.

Audra McDonald was a joy. BUT - my favorite guest was a "folk" singer from Denmark named Sissel. If you've never heard her, look her up on YT - she is sensational.

I'm hoping Kristin Chenoweth will be the guest artist one year. That would be a dream.

Oh, and BTW, these concerts are FREE! But they have a ticket lottery - 1.5 million entered last year for 80,000 seats (20,000 for 4 performances). I've been lucky 6 years in a row.
Updated On: 10/26/09 at 10:02 AM

SuttonFan Profile Photo
SuttonFan
#8re: Stokes video
Posted: 10/26/09 at 1:42am

I would love if they could get Kristen. Can we start lobbying the choir?

WORDS TO LIVE BY:

luvbrdway
#9re: Stokes video
Posted: 10/26/09 at 12:10pm

My friend's cousin is actually in the choir and in charge of finding the guest artists, negotiating the contracts, etc. She has suggested Kristin, and he said her name had come up, but her fee is pretty high. He said sometimes they have to find a way to speak to the artist directly rather than through managers, because many will jump at the chance to perform with the choir even if it means less money. If they would start charging for this event, maybe they could entice Kristin with more money. I would pay just to hear just the choir sing aChristmas concert, much less add Kristin to the mix.

I think it would be a concert made in heaven, so to speak!

SuttonFan Profile Photo
SuttonFan
#10re: Stokes video
Posted: 10/26/09 at 1:18pm

Wow that's interesting. I'm sure most would jump at the chance to have the Mormon Tabernacle Choir as backup singers. I don't think they would charge, however. I feel like it's their Christmas gift to the community.

Other dream guest artists (besides Kristen):
Harry Connick Jr.
Celine Dion

Ha I know, very different types, but I think all would be amazing.

I missed the Sissel concert and am still kicking myself. I also really enjoyed Angela Lansbury in concert with them.

WORDS TO LIVE BY:

Videos