pixeltracker

Who is the most pleasant actor you've encountered at the stage door? - Page 4

Who is the most pleasant actor you've encountered at the stage door?

TopHat143 Profile Photo
TopHat143
#75re: Who is the most pleasant actor you've encountered at the stage door?
Posted: 12/6/09 at 9:40pm

Yeah i felt the same way about Patti Lupone. I still love her though!

Aswatrowinkenbo Profile Photo
Aswatrowinkenbo
#76re: Who is the most pleasant actor you've encountered at the stage door?
Posted: 12/6/09 at 11:08pm

John Tartaglia was super nice! Met him during Shrek's Seattle run. He was the first actor I never had to approach. He just came up and started chatting, then posed for pictures and autographs.

One of the nicest actors I've ever met is Karl Warden. It was closing night for Catch Me if You Can so there was a pretty good sized group at the stage door. He signed Playbills and posed for pictures for awhile and then picked up all of his stuff to leave, so I decided against bothering him, but he saw me and said "Oh did I miss you?" then put down all the stuff in his arms just take another picture and sign one more autograph. Definitely one of my favorite stagedooring experiences.

gvendo2005 Profile Photo
gvendo2005
#77re: Who is the most pleasant actor you've encountered at the stage door?
Posted: 12/7/09 at 6:03pm

Ted Neeley, hands down, is one of the best. Theater security across the country hate him because he goes above and beyond for the fans.

"There is no problem so big that it cannot be run away from." ~ Charles M. Schulz

bwaylvsong
#78re: Who is the most pleasant actor you've encountered at the stage door?
Posted: 12/7/09 at 6:21pm

Everyone I've met has been pleasant, but Max von Essen (DotV), Aaron Lazar (Piazza), and John Dossett (Gypsy '03) have gone out of their way to be nice.

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#79re: Who is the most pleasant actor you've encountered at the stage door?
Posted: 12/7/09 at 6:33pm

Surprisingly as people didn't like her, I thought Sienna Miller was super nice and even stopped for a picture with me. I also think that the cast at Mary Poppins is really nice too.

The only bad experience was at the closing night of Young Frankenstein when only 2 people came out, while the rest partied inside. It was very annoying since it was freezing out and none of the security guards told us anything.

sally1112 Profile Photo
sally1112
#80re: Who is the most pleasant actor you've encountered at the stage door?
Posted: 12/7/09 at 6:51pm

I have said this before in similar threads, the OBC of Avenue Q did everything but hail me a cab and offer to reimburse me for my ticket if I was not entirely satisfied fro their performances.
Great group of people!

purtynpynk Profile Photo
purtynpynk
#81re: Who is the most pleasant actor you've encountered at the stage door?
Posted: 12/7/09 at 8:04pm

while I haven't been to Broadway, since I live in Chicago with limited funds, I recently met Roger Bart on the Young Frankenstein tour, and I must say he was very nice. It might have been because there were only like four or five of us there, but he signed everyone's playbill or poster, then stuck around to just chat with us. He asked us how we were doing, where we went to school, our majors, and if we liked it there. Then he asked us if we wanted to take photos with us. It was really weird that a performer asked if I wanted to take a picture with them. It's usually the other way around.

Also, all the actors at Jersey Boys in Chicago are very friendly. It might be because we're on a first name basis since I've seen it so many times, but they often come up to us and talk to us about how we liked the show and what's been going on with us. It's pretty cool.

Fanb
#82re: Who is the most pleasant actor you've encountered at the stage door?
Posted: 12/8/09 at 12:19am

Julia Murney is always very sweet. So is Leslie Uggams.

broadwaytourist
#83re: Who is the most pleasant actor you've encountered at the stage door?
Posted: 12/8/09 at 2:21pm

I don't stage door. Just not my thing. But I did meet Gregory Jbara one night after a Billy Elliot preview. We were both in line at a late night food emporium. I thanked him for his fine performance, and we had a nice conversation. I have a deep Southern drawl which led him to ask me what I was doing in town. I told him I was on a Broadway jaunt seeing 8 shows in 5 days, and he genuinely thanked me for my support of theatre. I think that perfectly sums up an actor's obligation to ticket buyers. They should be polite to the folks who pay their salaries and should be grateful when someone chooses to spend his/her money on shows. Beyond that, they owe us fans nothing. Now, I owuld not ahve bothered him had he been having a meal, visinting with friends, or been with his family, but I spoke to him like I might any other stranger in a line. We do that in the South.

Gavin Rehfeldt Profile Photo
Gavin Rehfeldt
#84re: Who is the most pleasant actor you've encountered at the stage door?
Posted: 12/8/09 at 7:32pm

Judy Kuhn was so rude to me both Marcia Lewis and Howard McGillin apologized on her behalf. Sally Mayes is awesome!

Bought my Pee-wee Herman Show tickets! Yahoooo!

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#85re: Who is the most pleasant actor you've encountered at the stage door?
Posted: 12/8/09 at 8:16pm

I also have to say Rebecca Luker, Danny Burstein, and Beth Leavel are incredibly sweet and go out of their way to talk with people. Norbert Leo Butz is also really nice...I saw Is He Dead? on a freezing day in January and it was just me, my friend, and a few other fans waiting at the stage door and he still came out and signed and took pictures with everybody who was waiting.

I've never really had a "bad" stage door experience though...nearly everyone I've met has been at the very least polite to everyone who was waiting.