pixeltracker

When do tickets for The Signature's ANGELS IN AMERICA production go on sale?

When do tickets for The Signature's ANGELS IN AMERICA production go on sale?

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
Yankeefan007
#2re: When do tickets for The Signature's ANGELS IN AMERICA production go on
Posted: 12/6/09 at 6:59pm

A month or two before the production opens.

You're best off to become a subscriber, if tickets are still available. Then you get priority.

WiCkEDrOcKS
#2re: When do tickets for The Signature's ANGELS IN AMERICA production go on
Posted: 12/6/09 at 7:12pm

How do I become a subscriber? The only thing I can find on the website about signing up is a number to call for a marathon subscription, which, if I'm reading this right, is the more expensive subscription. I'm a little confused.

http://www.signaturetheatre.org/subscriptions.htm

Does that number work to sign up for either subscription? Do you really think tickets might be totally sold out, yankee? Do you think I'd be better off doing standby the day-of or something? Sorry for all the questions...I just really wanna see this show.

haddaddy3 Profile Photo
haddaddy3
#3re: When do tickets for The Signature's ANGELS IN AMERICA production go on
Posted: 12/6/09 at 8:44pm

Is Angels set to play the fall of 2010 or spring of 2011?

You look absolutely terrific, honestly.

Yankeefan007
#4re: When do tickets for The Signature's ANGELS IN AMERICA production go on
Posted: 12/6/09 at 8:48pm

Regular subscriptions probably aren't available anymore, as the show is sold out entirely, it seems. I know when I saw Part I, there were people sitting in the aisles. And when, as a subscriber, I tried to buy tix for Part III, they didn't have any matinees.

I subscribed like two years ago, just in anticipation of Kushner year, thinking they'd do ANGELS.

You're probably best off doing standby for ORPHANS' HOME if you're that interested in seeing it, and when subscriptions open for 2010-2011, I'll post it.

WiCkEDrOcKS
#5re: When do tickets for The Signature's ANGELS IN AMERICA production go on
Posted: 12/6/09 at 8:54pm

Oh, so subscriptions to get priority seating for ANGELS aren't available to purchase yet?

Yankeefan007
rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#7re: When do tickets for The Signature's ANGELS IN AMERICA production go on
Posted: 12/6/09 at 11:32pm

When is this planned to be staged, will be in the area in August 2010 would love the chance to see this again.

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

theaterkid1015 Profile Photo
theaterkid1015
#8re: When do tickets for The Signature's ANGELS IN AMERICA production go on
Posted: 12/6/09 at 11:45pm

Hold on, I'm confused.

Are subscriptions the ONLY way to see these plays? I haven't seen anything at Signature yet, but I'd like to see both the ORPHAN'S HOME CYCLE and ANGELS. What's the dealio?

Some people paint, some people sew, I meddle.

iamchanging9 Profile Photo
iamchanging9
#9re: When do tickets for The Signature's ANGELS IN AMERICA production go on
Posted: 12/6/09 at 11:47pm

ditto theaterkid

...everyone was doing the mambo and drinking golden cadillacs...

Yankeefan007
#10re: When do tickets for The Signature's ANGELS IN AMERICA production go on
Posted: 12/7/09 at 8:00am

Subscriptions there work the same way as any subscription-based theater. Subscribers have priority, then general audiences.

theaterkid1015 Profile Photo
theaterkid1015
#11re: When do tickets for The Signature's ANGELS IN AMERICA production go on
Posted: 12/7/09 at 9:33am

Thanks

Some people paint, some people sew, I meddle.

WiCkEDrOcKS
#12re: When do tickets for The Signature's ANGELS IN AMERICA production go on
Posted: 1/10/10 at 12:03am

Bumping this for any further info. If there is any...

Have subscriptions gone on sale?

April Saul
#13re: When do tickets for The Signature's ANGELS IN AMERICA production go on
Posted: 1/10/10 at 12:34am

Wicked--I don't think you have to worry about becoming a subscriber; Signature isn't like Lincoln Center where there's a waiting list, at least not yet. You can't at this point sign up to be a subscriber for Orphans tix because it's all officially sold out, but when I was talking to Signature folks the other day on the phone about signing up for the Kushner season (and I was NOT a subscriber this year) they certainly didn't act like it would be a problem. And btw, when I called yesterday to find a ticket for Part 3 of Orphans, they had cancellation seats available for 4 or 5 different performances in the next ten days. It's not at all impossible to see these, especially if you're flexible, but if you haven't even started the Cycle, I wouldn't wait until the last possible moment...especially because it's optimal, though not mandatory, to see them in order. Does any of this help?

April Saul
#14re: When do tickets for The Signature's ANGELS IN AMERICA production go on
Posted: 1/10/10 at 12:58am

Wicked--I forgot to add that they really don't accept subscriptions this far ahead of time for the following season. The price of the subscription includes tickets to all the shows of the season, it's not like Lincoln Center where you pay a flat fee ahead of time, then book your shows or not as you please. So it wouldn't make sense for them to let you sign up NOW for next year. But I haven't known them to turn down anybody who wants to subscribe.

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#15re: When do tickets for The Signature's ANGELS IN AMERICA production go on
Posted: 1/10/10 at 1:32am

Apparently, the production is now scheduled for September 14, 2010 - January 2, 2011 with single tickets on sale this summer.

Signature's Angels in America Repertory Will Begin Sept. 14 Updated On: 1/14/10 at 01:32 AM

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#17re: When do tickets for The Signature's ANGELS IN AMERICA production go on
Posted: 1/14/10 at 5:08pm

So are tickets generally unavailable for those without a subscription (apart from the cancellation line, etc)?

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Yankeefan007
#18re: When do tickets for The Signature's ANGELS IN AMERICA production go on
Posted: 1/14/10 at 5:12pm

Some sell out quicker than others. Charles Mee's season had tickets readily available.