pixeltracker

Music Box Tour of Phantom announces closing- Page 2

Music Box Tour of Phantom announces closing

defygravity24 Profile Photo
defygravity24
#25Music Box Tour of Phantom announces closing
Posted: 2/5/10 at 11:50pm

I would say Phantom is the iconic Broadway musical, not A Chorus Line. If you ask people who don't know anything about broadway, they're more likely to know about phantom more than ACL.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#26Music Box Tour of Phantom announces closing
Posted: 2/6/10 at 3:27am

Husk, in today's world of theatre that isn't true. When people think of Broadway shows they think of things like Phantom or Les Miserables or Wicked.

Gone are the days that people view A Chorus Line the same way.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Sally Profile Photo
Sally
#27Music Box Tour of Phantom announces closing
Posted: 2/6/10 at 6:05am

I saw Phantom twice in the last few years, once in Chicago (2007)and once in Milwaukee (2009). Both times the theaters were well filled, the cast energetic (not tired and walking through it), and the audiences enthusiastic.

It might well be that profits from the tour don't meet or surpass the expenses enough these days to keep the show running, but I wonder about the reports earlier in this thread that describe experiences with the tour show that were so different from mine.

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#28Music Box Tour of Phantom announces closing
Posted: 2/6/10 at 11:50am

http://www.theatermania.com/touring-productions/news/02-2010/phantom-of-the-opera-national-tour-to-conclude-in_24782.html

The tour needs to close, and the show should be re-designed. They are still touring with the original deck, which involves heavy, greasy chains moving the scenery around.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

gypsy4
#29Music Box Tour of Phantom announces closing
Posted: 2/6/10 at 12:43pm

Congrats to a huge successful national tour! I've seen both the tour and on broadway both a year a part and they were both in fantastic! shape and still playing strong. and and the theatres were almost close to capacity.
Updated On: 2/6/10 at 12:43 PM

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#30Music Box Tour of Phantom announces closing
Posted: 2/6/10 at 5:12pm

It's official: Sept. 23-Nov. 21 at the Pantages in Hollywood, CA.
Giving Up The Ghost

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop