pixeltracker

Can I Buy 2 Tickets for Addams Family this Saturday day of?

Can I Buy 2 Tickets for Addams Family this Saturday day of?

jagfkb
#1Can I Buy 2 Tickets for Addams Family this Saturday day of?
Posted: 3/17/10 at 8:24pm

Hi, I'm from out of town, and this weekend, I was supposed to see Finian's Rainbow, but since that closed, I was hoping to see Addams Family. However, due to an recent attempt of identity theft, my credit card is frozen, and I have no guarentee of being able to purchase tickets in time. Is it possible that I could buy the tickets day of this Saturday for the matinee? I'd be getting there about one hour & 20 minutes before curtain, and I'm not really caring about where or how much (even if I have to split up my party). Would this be possible, or should I not even try?

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#2Can I Buy 2 Tickets for Addams Family this Saturday day of?
Posted: 3/17/10 at 8:35pm

No hurt in trying, but it's selling VERY well so I wouldn't get your hopes up. There's only been a handful of rush seats recently, and those are whatever's left sold 2 hours before. But again, wouldn't hurt.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#2Can I Buy 2 Tickets for Addams Family this Saturday day of?
Posted: 3/17/10 at 8:40pm

It's definitely worth trying. Many theatres release good house seats on the day of a performance.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

Fanb
#3Can I Buy 2 Tickets for Addams Family this Saturday day of?
Posted: 3/17/10 at 9:53pm

If you don't care about cost (as you say in your post) you might as well try to go to the theater and see if any seats are available. Often at any show house seats are released just before a performance, so sometimes by buying your tickets at the theater you will get the best seats in the house - and for the top regular price, not for the premium seating price. If you don't get in, you'll be right near time square so you'd have time to go to another theater to see if you can get into another show.

dancindramadork
#4Can I Buy 2 Tickets for Addams Family this Saturday day of?
Posted: 3/17/10 at 10:30pm

I personally wouldn't count on it, seeing as it has been selling fairly well. If you don't care about cost, after losing the rush last week, I inquired about any seats that were leftover (it was a Thursday night) and was told they only had the $200 premium seats left for the performance (this was about an hour and a half before the performance). I was also told that they will re-sell the $126 orchestra seats from cancellations, but obviously that is not guaranteed, but a good thing to ask about. Best of luck to you! I'd pick a back up show just in case though.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#5Can I Buy 2 Tickets for Addams Family this Saturday day of?
Posted: 3/18/10 at 1:16am

I saw Jersey Boys this way. Got there when the box office opened and snagged a sixth row center seat. Just because it sells well doesn't mean you necessarily can't get tickets day of. Sometimes unsold house seats or unsold tickets from hotel packages/deals get returned to the box office day of to be released to the public. I'm not sure how common this is, but like Addams Family, Jersey Boys is a hot ticket.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Videos