pixeltracker

Frank Wildhorn's WONDERLAND...is it worth the purchase?

Frank Wildhorn's WONDERLAND...is it worth the purchase?

jovie27 Profile Photo
jovie27
#1Frank Wildhorn's WONDERLAND...is it worth the purchase?
Posted: 3/30/10 at 12:59am

Many people have told me it's good AND it's bad.....but I was wondering what all of you thought on whether I should get the album or not?

Thanks in advance!

Updated On: 3/30/10 at 12:59 AM

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#2Frank Wildhorn's WONDERLAND...is worth the purchase?
Posted: 3/30/10 at 1:04am

I obviously own it, but I'm even indifferent towards it.

It's great to have for the full length tracks of "Finding Wonderland," "One Knight," "Don't Wanna Fall in Love," etc., but some of the orchestrations are just too bizarre ("The Nick of Time"). Dacal was much better live than on this recordng, but Snelson sounds great here

It's given me many good listens, so I would certainly reccommend buying it, but you must keep in mind what Frank's intentions of this album were - present selections of the music in a pop-popular format, similar to the Scarlet Pimpernel concept album! If there was an actual cast album coming out, I'd tell you to wait for that, but since there are no plans, I'd buy it. It's worth a listen!

jovie27 Profile Photo
jovie27
#2Frank Wildhorn's WONDERLAND...is worth the purchase?
Posted: 3/30/10 at 1:07am

THANK YOU, PHILLY!

musicaltheater1 Profile Photo
musicaltheater1
#3Frank Wildhorn's WONDERLAND...is worth the purchase?
Posted: 3/30/10 at 1:24am

Where can I get the concept album?

"I love acting. It is so much more real than life." Oscar Wilde
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." Aldous Huxley

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#4Frank Wildhorn's WONDERLAND...is worth the purchase?
Posted: 3/30/10 at 1:28am

You can get it for $20 in it's original packaging from the Wonderland website (http://www.WONDERLANDtheMUSICAL.org/), or tomorrow (/today), March 30th it will be released digitally by Sony Masterworks Broadway division where Frank Wildhorn is now partner.

It will also be released by Sony, now being produced by "David A. Straaz Center for Performing Arts" instead of "Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center." I think the coverwork may be a litte different.

I know it's now on amazon, and may be on iTunes!

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#5Frank Wildhorn's WONDERLAND...is worth the purchase?
Posted: 3/30/10 at 1:29am

Just checked - it is officially on iTunes!

JBSinger
#6Frank Wildhorn's WONDERLAND...is worth the purchase?
Posted: 3/30/10 at 11:46am

It's OK. I was hesitant, but I enjoyed it mostly.
You get no sense of story from the CD though. It's mostly songs that introduce a character and then we never hear them again. But the quality of the songs is above average for Wildhorn.

musicaltheater1 Profile Photo
musicaltheater1
#7Frank Wildhorn's WONDERLAND...is worth the purchase?
Posted: 3/30/10 at 3:06pm

Thanks, philly03!

"I love acting. It is so much more real than life." Oscar Wilde
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." Aldous Huxley

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#8Frank Wildhorn's WONDERLAND...is worth the purchase?
Posted: 3/30/10 at 3:44pm

I wouldn't buy it, but I suffered through the show and don't want to be reminded of it. The score may be better than the show itself.